SIGforum.com    Main Page  Hop To Forum Categories  The Lounge    USAA Car Insurance
Page 1 2 
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

USAA Car Insurance Login/Join 
Leave the gun.
Take the cannoli.
posted
Are Infinitys notoriously expensive to insure?

Just got a quote of $2600 per year for a 2014 Q50. That sounds crazy. I’ve been a faithful USAA customer as has my entire family. Never an accident or ticket. Girl said it’s an expensive car to insure. WTF?

I’ve always considered their rates for my beaters to be reasonable and I put on approximately 6500 miles per year.

Posts: 6634 | Location: New England | Registered: January 06, 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Join the club. I've been complaining about this to.

For the Military by the Military USAA has become another greedy corporation. My escrow is always off because they keep raising the rates. Car insurance is the same way, just keeps going up for no good reason.

Posts: 336 | Location: SE. Florida | Registered: April 05, 2011Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Go ahead punk, make my day
posted Hide Post
I dumped USAA for auto insurance 6 months ago and have never been happier. Even though I had to deal with their online sales guy, who must have been fired from a used car dealership with his pushy behavior. In the end I had to say "We already have new insurance, cancel the policy effective today" several times.

Posts: 45798 | Registered: July 12, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
I left State Farm after 20+ years. The rates were not to bad in Ohio but after we moved to VA the rates kept increasing to ridiculous levels.

I few years ago, I switched to USAA and was extremely happy until the last two years when the rates started rising.

I am in the process of researching new insurance companies.

Posts: 1836 | Location: In NC trying to get back to VA | Registered: March 03, 2015Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Mensch
Picture of kz1000
posted Hide Post
Been with them for 20 years. My policy renews next month. Might be interesting...

------------------------------------------------------------------------
"Yidn, shreibt un fershreibt"

"The Nazis entered this war under the rather childish delusion that they were going to bomb everyone else, and nobody was going to bomb them. At Rotterdam, London, Warsaw and half a hundred other places, they put their rather naive theory into operation. They sowed the wind, and now they are going to reap the whirlwind."
-Bomber Harris

Posts: 16120 | Location: Ivorydale | Registered: January 21, 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Info Guru
Picture of BamaJeepster
posted Hide Post
USAA quotes are rarely competitive over the past several years. I moved away a long time ago, they expanded the pool, increased the claims and thus had to raise rates. No longer remotely competitive for me where I live.

“Facts are stubborn things; and whatever may be our wishes, our inclinations, or the dictates of our passions, they cannot alter the state of facts and evidence.”
- John Adams

Posts: 29408 | Location: In the red hinterlands of Deep Blue VA | Registered: June 29, 2001Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Mensch
Picture of kz1000
posted Hide Post
Actually just got my renewal statement. $444/6 mo premium 2018 BMW 230i. Sticking with them.

------------------------------------------------------------------------
"Yidn, shreibt un fershreibt"

"The Nazis entered this war under the rather childish delusion that they were going to bomb everyone else, and nobody was going to bomb them. At Rotterdam, London, Warsaw and half a hundred other places, they put their rather naive theory into operation. They sowed the wind, and now they are going to reap the whirlwind."
-Bomber Harris

Posts: 16120 | Location: Ivorydale | Registered: January 21, 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of domcintosh
posted Hide Post
I've kept USAA mostly because maintaining one stop shopping is a great convenience while moving from post to post. When I grow up here in short order, and start homesteading, they may lose to the competition.

The opinions expressed in no way reflect the stance or opinion of my employer.

Posts: 5446 | Location: Stationed in Kitsap Washington w/ the USN | Registered: November 04, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Son of a son
of a Sailor
Picture of wxdave
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by kz1000:
Actually just got my renewal statement. $444/6 mo premium 2018 BMW 230i. Sticking with them.

My wife's 2015 BMW is almost double that. I've been with them for 27 years with no accidents. Perfect driving record.

--------------------------------------------
Floridian by birth, Seminole by the grace of God

Posts: 986 | Location: Houston, TX | Registered: May 20, 2002Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Yeah it's pretty expensive here. Let us know what you land on OP. Might be worth a bit of research if the service is the same.

Posts: 3044 | Location: Pnw | Registered: March 21, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
All depends on where you live and the vehicle

I have no wrecks, no tickets, but live in New Orleans so my rates are out of control

I’m also a USAA member

-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Live today as if it may be your last and learn today as if you will live forever

Posts: 6226 | Location: New Orleans...outside the levees, fishing in the Rigolets | Registered: October 11, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
I believe in the
principle of
Due Process
Picture of JALLEN
posted Hide Post
You can get GEICO quotes by phone. See what those are.

Just remember, as they say around here, sometimes the cheapest oats have already been run through the horse.

Luckily, I have enough willpower to control the driving ambition that rages within me.

When you had the votes, we did things your way. Now, we have the votes and you will be doing things our way. This lesson in political reality from Lyndon B. Johnson

"Some things are apparent. Where government moves in, community retreats, civil society disintegrates and our ability to control our own destiny atrophies. The result is: families under siege; war in the streets; unapologetic expropriation of property; the precipitous decline of the rule of law; the rapid rise of corruption; the loss of civility and the triumph of deceit. The result is a debased, debauched culture which finds moral depravity entertaining and virtue contemptible." - Justice Janice Rogers Brown

Posts: 48369 | Location: Texas hill country | Registered: July 04, 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Leave the gun.
Take the cannoli.
posted Hide Post
Thanks for the input. Shopping around in the morning. I can’t believe everyone driving around in a four year old G50 is paying this much.

Posts: 6634 | Location: New England | Registered: January 06, 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of SR025
posted Hide Post
Every quote I've gotten over the past year have been insanely high compared to other companies with similar customer service.

Posts: 841 | Location: DFW | Registered: January 04, 2017Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Better Than I Deserve!
Picture of LBTRS
posted Hide Post
After being a USAA insurance customer for almost two decades I had to move my business elsewhere. With no accidents, stellar credit, no claims, and no violations, I was being charged over double what I could get the same coverage and service elsewhere.

I pay $89/month for high limit $300k/$500k full coverage on three new cars with Geico. USAA was charging me $2800/year for the same coverage.

Posts: 4986 | Location: Phoenix, AZ | Registered: September 23, 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Has anyone tried California casualty for insurance?

Posts: 3044 | Location: Pnw | Registered: March 21, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of bushpilot
posted Hide Post
We have been with USAA for 49 years, Auto, Homeowners, Life Ins, Banking and other services as required. I have noticed my auto rates creeping up but not enough to switch. My RV and ATV are with Progressive through USAA.

Sorry you guys are having issues and understand the need to shop around in this economy. Good Luck!

****************************************************W5SCM
"We the people are the rightful masters of both Congress and the courts, not to overthrow the Constitution but to overthrow the men who pervert the Constitution" - Abraham Lincoln

"I have been driven many times upon my knees by the overwhelming conviction that I had nowhere else to go" - Abraham Lincoln

Posts: 1143 | Location: Little Rock, AR | Registered: January 22, 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
I have had Progressive here in Fort Lauderdale,FL (very busy, congested city). My rates have stayed the same or even gone down recently in the last 6 or 7 years. My renewal was $449 (6 months) for full coverage, 100/300k liability and a $500 deductible. I've been very happy with them.

Prior to that I had Allstate and every 6 months it would increase 10-20% for no reason whatsoever (perfect credit, no tickets/accidents).

Posts: 21335 | Registered: June 12, 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
USAA isn't the same insurance company it was in the past, when I first started with USAA their rates couldn't be beat. Now their rates aren't even competitive and the only reason I haven't switched is because I'm to lazy to search around. USAA use to only cater to military officers but as they've allowed more and more members their rates have become worse and worse.

Posts: 1627 | Location: USA | Registered: December 11, 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of 2tonicP220
posted Hide Post
IMO and a lot of actual experience with USAA, is they are a shadow of the company they were decades ago. Too many irons in the fire, lost focus on what and who made them, and leadership has been lacking. Really jumped the shark when they went from commissioned officer/FBI/Secret Service only, to what they are now. General McDermott must be rolling in his grave.

I remember a time when I could say nothing but praise for them; now you gotta be kidding. BTW, every time you ask them about the risk pool, they say that I as a commissioned officer, am in the "best" pool... Boy this rock solid pool must be really changing. I have zero accidents, zero tickets, 820 credit score, and yet they are not competitive on anything for me, anymore... Not to mention declining service too. What a shame, and a joke really.

Posts: 2049 | Location: NW PA | Registered: March 03, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post