SIGforum.com    Main Page  Hop To Forum Categories  The Lounge    Your favorite/most cherished groomsman gift
Page 1 2 
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

Your favorite/most cherished groomsman gift Login/Join 
always with a hat or sunscreen
Picture of bald1
posted Hide Post
Lots of stuff over the years but the one that still sees lots of use is a nice fancy large heavy glass mug with my monogram on it.

Certifiable member of the gun toting, septuagenarian, bucket list workin', crazed retiree, bald is beautiful club!
USN (RET), COTEP #192

Posts: 16204 | Location: Black Hills of South Dakota | Registered: June 20, 2010Reply With QuoteReport This Post
teacher of history
Picture of maxwayne
posted Hide Post
I got a M-94 Winchester in 44 mag once, but that was very special. I can't think of any others I still have. A flashlight or knife would be nice.

Posts: 5618 | Location: Central Illinois | Registered: March 04, 2001Reply With QuoteReport This Post
semi-reformed sailor
Picture of MikeinNC
posted Hide Post
The only gift I still have is a flask from the groom...

I gave my groomsmen a fifth of really really good whiskey...

I know that makes it sound like I'm a lush, but I'm not...I've lost keychains, pocket knives and other small things...

"Violence, naked force, has settled more issues in history than has any other factor.” Robert A. Heinlein

“You may beat me, but you will never win.” sigmonkey-2020

“A single round of buckshot to the torso almost always results in an immediate change of behavior.” Chris Baker

Posts: 11275 | Location: Temple, Texas! | Registered: October 07, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Coin Sniper
Picture of Rightwire
posted Hide Post
My favorite is the enormous wine glass etched with my initials from my sister's wedding. I think it holds 2 1/2 bottles of wine.

Pronoun: His Royal Highness and benevolent Majesty of all he surveys

343 - Never Forget

Its better to be Pavlov's dog than Schrodinger's cat

There are three types of mistakes; Those you learn from, those you suffer from, and those you don't survive.

Posts: 37957 | Location: Above the snow line in Michigan | Registered: May 21, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
a gift certificate to there favorite store.

Posts: 122 | Registered: October 09, 2012Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Best I have received was a nice Swiss Army knife that is still with me today

Posts: 3987 | Location: Peoria, AZ | Registered: November 07, 2002Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Most useful one I've received was backpack/cooler combo. It gets used frequently when hitting the pool or beach. I've also got a couple of flasks and a knife, but they don't get used.

Posts: 2679 | Location: The Low Country | Registered: October 21, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Observer
Picture of phxtoad
posted Hide Post
For my first (short lived) marriage 20 years ago, I gave my all my groomsmen nice heavy duty duffel bags with their names embroidered on them. They loved getting them, and I think they all still have them...

Todd

phxtoad

"Careful man, there's a beverage here!"

Posts: 420 | Location: Tempe, Arizona | Registered: October 01, 2013Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of smlsig
posted Hide Post
My best gift was a Swiss Army knife but since this is a Sig forum and you didn't mention your budget I would think a 320 with a nice engraving would certainly be remembered fondly...

------------------
Eddie

Our Founding Fathers were men who understood that the right thing is not necessarily the written thing. -kkina

Posts: 6315 | Location: In transit | Registered: February 19, 2013Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
My favorite was a zippo that was engraved with a picture of us from high school.
For my wedding all of my best men were firemen and I put my wood burning skills to the test and made plaques with a fire helmet and each ones badge number on the shield on the front.

Posts: 1608 | Registered: March 04, 2011Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of rainmaker5505
posted Hide Post
I gave SOG twitches and aa streamlights to my groomsmen. The knives were laser engraved with first initial and last name. They all still tell me how much they use them 4 years later.

"America could use some turpentine, all the way from Hollywierd to New York City." -- Phil Robertson

Posts: 461 | Location: Oxford, PA | Registered: January 27, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of rexles
posted Hide Post
Leatherman Wave. Carry it everyday, 25yr warranty

NRA Life member
NRA Certified Instructor
"Our duty is to serve the mission, and if we're not doing that, then we have no right to call what we do service" Marcus Luttrell

Posts: 1113 | Location: Holland, OH | Registered: May 07, 2010Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
I wish I would have gotten the Man Card wallet sized bottle openers for my buddies. When your together who ever doesnt have these has to buy the drinks. I would also think they could be engraved.

https://www.thechivery.com/pro...n-card-bottle-opener

Posts: 5416 | Location: Pittsburgh, PA, USA | Registered: February 27, 2001Reply With QuoteReport This Post