SIGforum.com    Main Page  Hop To Forum Categories  The Lounge    Your favorite/most cherished groomsman gift
Page 1 2 
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

Your favorite/most cherished groomsman gift Login/Join 
Do No Harm,
Do Know Harm
posted
Time is fast approaching. I've waited a bit longer than I should have to do this.

I think this is my last task, though.

What do you guys say?

The groomsmen are a Coastie, paramedic, old-timer cop, and my recently laid-off professional roommate. Preacher man gets one, too. But he's probably the most colorful of all...only preacherman I've ever trusted...because he probably shouldn't be lol.

Best man is my 9yo.

Knowing what one is talking about is widely admired but not strictly required here.

Although sometimes distracting, there is often a certain entertainment value to this easy standard.
-JALLEN

"All I need is a WAR ON DRUGS reference and I got myself a police thread BINGO." -jljones

Posts: 11448 | Location: NC | Registered: August 16, 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Swordcanes.

Posts: 1168 | Registered: July 06, 2016Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Gone but Together Again.
Dad & Uncle
Picture of h2oys
posted Hide Post
Speaking with ~25 years of hindsight, the only groomsmen gifts I still have/use, was a small lockable fire safe/lockbox.

I put our important papers in it and then the Sentry Fire safe/box goes into my larger safe. That way I figure the papers are doubly protected.

Posts: 3718 | Location: St. Louis, MO | Registered: November 24, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Raised Hands Surround Us
Three Nails To Protect Us
Picture of Black92LX
posted Hide Post
Engraved streamlight flashlight. I carry it everyday.
Also got a really nice Boyt pistol case. I don't go to the range everyday but it goes everytime as well as when I travel overnight.

————————————————
The world's not perfect, but it's not that bad.
If we got each other, and that's all we have.
I will be your brother, and I'll hold your hand.
You should know I'll be there for you!

Posts: 25408 | Registered: September 06, 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of 4MUL8R
posted Hide Post
A very nice gentleman folding knife from Benchmade or Spyderco would be nice. G10 scales and just a bit of heft would remind them of your friendship and trust.

-------
Trying to simplify my life...

Posts: 5050 | Location: Commonwealth of Virginia | Registered: January 15, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Trophy Husband
Picture of C L Wilkins
posted Hide Post
A Case knife. I am partial to Saddlehorns and Teardrops.

Saddlehorn

Teardrop

Either are not too large and are not too large for pocket.

At the moment my EDC is a Caplifter

CW

Posts: 3200 | Location: Texas | Registered: June 29, 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
My engraved tie rack. Probably from Kirklands. A gift from my now passed brother in law.

It doesn't have to be too spectacular if sentiment is real.

--
I always prefer reality when I can figure out what it is.

JALLEN 10/18/18
https://sigforum.com/eve/forum...610094844#7610094844

Posts: 2363 | Location: Roswell, GA | Registered: March 10, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
stupid beyond
all belief
Picture of Deqlyn
posted Hide Post
Ive been in a lot of weddings. The only gift i still have is cufflinks but dont wear em anymore. I got my guys cigar humidors, cutters, and lighters. I see them on display at thier house still 7 years later.

What man is a man that does not make the world better. -Balian of Ibelin

Only boring people get bored. - Ruth Burke

Posts: 8227 | Registered: September 13, 2012Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of sleepla8er
posted Hide Post

Most cherished is a small ivory handle Buck knife with my name engraved on it, it's 20 years old now...

The WORST gift was getting matched up with a bridesmaid who hated & despised all men. That happened 10 years go but the nightmares haven't completely gone away yet...

Between the two, I would take no gift to avoid having to deal with the bridesmaid from Hell Eek

Posts: 2856 | Location: San Diego, CA  | Registered: July 14, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of ShouldBFishin
posted Hide Post
2 gifts I have received over the years that stand out are a leather-man (engraved) and a nice case pocket knife. They've both been very useful and I still think about my friends when I use them.

Posts: 1800 | Location: MN | Registered: March 29, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of henryaz
posted Hide Post

I was a smoker at the time (1967), and my "best man" gift was a cigarette case, crafted in sterling silver. It also had my initials engraved on the cover.

Posts: 10782 | Location: South Congress AZ | Registered: May 27, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
My common sense
is tingling
Picture of Kravashera
posted Hide Post
Gifts I've received:
-Fancy leather dice cup with engraved bottom and a set of RPG dice - from my best friend of almost 30 years.
-A knock off Rolex- great sentimental value as my buddy brought it back from Kuwait in the early days of the Iraq war.

Gifts I've given:
-engraved pocket watch
-engraved Swiss Army Knife
-Benchmade barrages with lasermarked blades

If you can match an item to something important from your shared pasts, I think that means a lot more than just something nice. At least it does to me. I'll never get rid of that fake Rolex.

“You can have peace. Or you can have freedom. Don't ever count on having both at once.”
- Robert Heinlein

Posts: 988 | Location: Valley of the Sun, AZ | Registered: February 03, 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of craigcpa
posted Hide Post
I gave $5 gold pieces from the year of marriage. Best I received, don't remember.

==========================================
Just my 2¢

Clowns to the left of me, Jokers to the right ♫♫♫

Posts: 7731 | Location: Raleighwood | Registered: June 27, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of 2012BOSS302
posted Hide Post
An engraved knife.

Donald Trump is not a politician, he is a leader, politicians are a dime a dozen, leaders are priceless.

Posts: 3791 | Location: Idaho | Registered: January 26, 2014Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of dsiets
posted Hide Post
The only one I still have, as I use it all the time, is the leatherman Micra attached to my keys.

Posts: 7349 | Location: MI | Registered: May 22, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Live Slow,
Die Whenever
Picture of medic451
posted Hide Post
I gave all my groomsmen a RC Cobra helicopter with firing electronic spring-loaded missles. We had a blast with those damn things...

"I won't be wronged, I won't be insulted, and I won't be laid a hand on. I don't do these things to other people and I require the same from them."
- John Wayne in "The Shootist"

Posts: 3446 | Location: California | Registered: May 31, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
I know i probably shouldn't read this much less reply, but i can't help myself.

For the coastie a personalized coffe mug with a funny saying like 'chongosuerte and holy matrimony take 2' and the date would work

The medic, something funny but personalized along the lines of the coffee mug would probably work too

Old timer cop a personalized flap jack maby?

And the roommate needs a gigantic trophy 'best roommate award' for putting up with your craziness.

And of course every personalized gift needs the words 'steve was not here.' Somewhere on it, maby hidden almost...

Posts: 663 | Registered: August 23, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of NMPinNYC
posted Hide Post
When I was married twenty years ago, Fossil watches were big at the time. I gave all my guys each a Fossil blue watch with metal band. I'm still pleased with that choice I made.

Maybe Mr. Truong can help with an idea and a batch deal for all your guys similarly. Oh, and don't forget one for yourself, and if it comes in a female version, one for the new Mrs ( I did for my wife and for me as well).

And congratulations to you and your beloved, wishing you many happy years together.

Best regards,
Nick.

NRA Life Member and Certified Instructor

Posts: 710 | Location: Back in northern NJ/NY State Catskills | Registered: April 16, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of Kuisis
posted Hide Post
The one that I use often is a flask. The one that I've never used is a tie pin with my initials.

Posts: 1129 | Location: Washington PA | Registered: November 23, 2010Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posting without pants
Picture of KevinCW
posted Hide Post
I gave mine an engraved flask. I got an engraved knife last time.

Strive to live your life so when you wake up in the morning and your feet hit the floor, the devil says "Oh crap, he's up."

Posts: 33287 | Location: St. Louis MO | Registered: February 15, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post