SIGforum.com    Main Page  Hop To Forum Categories  The Lounge    Time until Obama leaves office: Today!
Page 1 2 3 4 5 ... 40

Moderators: Chris Orndorff, LDD

Closed Topic Closed
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools
Time until Obama leaves office: Today! Login/Join 
Picture of TigerDore
posted Hide Post
[QUOTE]Originally posted by Jim Shugart:
With para'a permission, I will try to keep this thread updated daily until this communist dickweed leaves office.
QUOTE]
Like a backed-up toilet flushing in ultra-slow motion.

Posts: 4439 | Registered: September 26, 2013Report This Post
Picture of Jimbo Jones
posted Hide Post
I was just having a convo with my GF this morning where I said that years from now I hope that he would be remembered (not for being the first black president or anything that he tried to achieve) but as "that guy that tried* to ruin America"

*-and failed

quote:
Originally posted by Patrick-SP2022:
This chapter in US history cannot end soon enough.

Get out, stay out and never darken my doorway with your shadow again.

---------------------------------------
It's like my brain's a tree and you're those little cookie elves.

Posts: 1669 | Location: Spring, TX | Registered: February 26, 2013Report This Post
Picture of sigcrazy7
posted Hide Post
Will he be remembered more for being the first black president or as the last black president? At least until a non-commie, post-racist can get elected.

[i]

Posts: 4880 | Location: Utah | Registered: December 18, 2008Report This Post
Drug Dealer
Picture of Jim Shugart
posted Hide Post
He came pretty damned close. HRC would have administered the coup de grâce.

When a thing is funny, search it carefully for a hidden truth. - George Bernard Shaw

Posts: 12606 | Location: Virginia | Registered: July 03, 2007Report This Post
SAC trained killer
Picture of Ricardokid11
posted Hide Post
Love it. I can't wait until that Asshole leaves office. Good riddance! Mad

" May I always be the kind of person my dog thinks I am".

Posts: 1874 | Location: Glen Allen, VA. | Registered: July 13, 2009Report This Post
Picture of Expert308
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by cjevans:
https://countingdownto.com/cou...2017-countdown-clock

NObama clock countdown ...

I'd like to find something like this but as an app window that I can place right in the middle of my desktop.

Posts: 4889 | Location: Portland, OR | Registered: February 12, 2007Report This Post
posted Hide Post
If obama can be compared to carter and Trump being the Ronald Reagan that replaced him- We've got 20 years of prosperity ahead of us.

The butcher with the sharpest knife has the warmest heart.

Posts: 10231 | Location: Bottom of Lake Washington | Registered: March 06, 2007Report This Post
Patent Pending
Picture of Tonyny
posted Hide Post
Obama and his puppet masters have literally run this nation into the ground.

Because Obama refused to allow work needed to the White house Trump will have to wait to move into the oval office.
And now Air Force one is going down for a time.

Typical of the self centered, entitlement minded community organizer.
Run it into the ground until fails & dies.
And to hell with whoever must fix his neglectful destruction.

NRA Life Member

Capital punishment means never having to say, "You again?"

Posts: 4133 | Location: Central Florida | Registered: October 14, 2005Report This Post
Picture of downtownv
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by sigcrazy7:
Will he be remembered more for being the first black president or as the last black president? At least until a non-commie, post-racist can get elected.

I think he ruined any Black persons chances from getting elected for a long time.

Posts: 4690 | Location: 18 miles long, 6 Miles at Sea | Registered: January 22, 2012Report This Post
Picture of downtownv
posted Hide Post
This is the Official site:

https://countingdownto.com/cou...fice-countdown-clock

Posts: 4690 | Location: 18 miles long, 6 Miles at Sea | Registered: January 22, 2012Report This Post
Too clever by half
Picture of jigray3
posted Hide Post
8 long difficult years wasted by this country, half of whom are too stupid to understand that.

Never try to teach a pig to sing. It's a waste of your time, and it annoys the pig.

Posts: 9457 | Location: Richmond, VA | Registered: December 11, 2007Report This Post
Get my pies
outta the oven!

Picture of PASig
posted Hide Post
You all realize that this is a very dangerous time? Dear Leader is going to try to push through as many new regulations, EO's and other shit as he possibly can.

We have to watch this guy like a hawk until 1-20-2017.

Posts: 21837 | Location: Pennsylvania | Registered: November 12, 2007Report This Post
Picture of downtownv
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by PASig:
You all realize that this is a very dangerous time? Dear Leader is going to try to push through as many new regulations, EO's and other shit as he possibly can.

This is when the animal is most dangerous, just before it dies...

Tinker Sailor Soldier Pie
Picture of Balzé Halzé
posted Hide Post
quote:

Congress is way ahead of you. They just passed a bill designed specifically to prevent him from pulling any nonsense.

House passes bill targeting ‘midnight’ Obama regs
BY LYDIA WHEELER - 11/17/16 12:01 PM EST

The House on Thursday passed legislation that would allow Congress to overturn in a single vote any regulations finalized in the last days of the Obama administration.

Despite Democratic opposition, the Midnight Rule Relief Act passed largely along party lines, by a 240-179 vote. The bill would amend the Congressional Review Act to allow Congress to overturn many rules all at once by way of a resolution.

Rep. Bob Goodlatte (R-Va.) urged his colleagues on the floor Thursday morning to pass the legislation and tell the American people that lawmakers heard them on Election Day loud and clear.

“The American people have said no to the continuance of the Obama administration’s policies,” he said.

“This bill guarantees that Congress can prevent any and all last-minute defiance of the people’s will by midnight regulations that stubbornly seem to entrench the last pieces of the administration's bipartisan agenda.”

House Republicans are doing everything in their power to keep the Obama administration from enacting any new rules in its final days.

Earlier in the week, House Majority Leader Kevin McCarthy (R-Calif.) warned the federal agencies in a letter not to finalize any pending rules or regulations from now to the inauguration. Those that are, he assured, will be scrutinized and — if appropriate — overturned.

While the bill targets rules finalized in the lame-duck period between Election Day and President-elect Donald Trump’s Jan. 20 inauguration, Rep. Hank Johnson (D-Ga.) argues its reach is much further.

Despite the bill’s colorful title, he said the legislation allows Congress to overturn rules finalized as far back as May.

Johnson cited pro-regulatory groups like Public Citizen in disputing Republican claims that midnight regulations are rushed through at the end of an administration in haste. Quoting a recent report, he said rules finalized in the last three months of an administration take 3.6 years on average to complete.

“This is a solution to non-existent and undocumented problem,” he said, adding that once a rule is invalidated, an agency cannot adopt a similar rule without Congressional consent.

Rep. Sheila Jackson Lee (D-Texas) accused House Republicans of trying once again to undermine President Obama.

“This is en bloc destruction of regulations that may save lives,” she said. “This is to say, ‘In your eye, Mr. President.’ ”

The bill’s author, Rep. Darrell Issa (R-Calif.), rebutted that claim.

“The Congress lady would have you believe it’s an attack on our president. It’s not,” he said. “It’s a law that would allow Congress to reassert the authority that’s constitutionally and inherently always ours.”

Democrats offered several amendments that were ultimately rejected, including exceptions for rules that are issued in response to a matter of national security, address the harmful effects of climate change or have benefits that exceed their costs.

The administration has already threatened a veto if the bill were to make it to the president’s desk.

In a statement, the Executive Office of the President said the bill is unnecessary because the Congressional Review Act already allows for Congress to disapprove rules on a case-by-case basis.

“In addition, the bill would expand the scope of rules subject to the CRA such that by the time a vote on a resolution occurs, some of the rules may have been in effect for over a year,” the executive office said.

“By doing so, H.R. 5982 would create tremendous regulatory uncertainty, potentially impose additional costs on businesses, and represent a step backwards for applying sound regulatory principles to protect public health, safety, the environment, and other critical aspects of society.”

http://thehill.com/regulation/...-midnight-obama-regs

~Alan

Acta Non Verba
NRA Life Member (Endowment)
Family, Guns, Country

"My guns are always loaded."
~R.G. Justified

What whiskey will not cure, there is no cure.

Posts: 17312 | Location: Out of Jersey, Into Utah | Registered: October 29, 2012Report This Post
california
tumbles into the sea
posted Hide Post
don't let the door hit you in the ass on your way out.

Posts: 8512 | Location: NV | Registered: July 04, 2004Report This Post
Dances with Wiener Dogs
Picture of XinTX
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Balzé Halzé:
quote:

Congress is way ahead of you. They just passed a bill designed specifically to prevent him from pulling any nonsense.

But that's just a House bill. Even if the Senate passes it, Zippy will just veto it. Best way to stop it is for someone on the transition team, as well as some key Con-gressional staffers to let them know if they pull this kind of BS, the next budget will include budget cuts and headcount reductions. With less than two months to go, the bureaucrats could slow roll everything that long.

“The only power any government has is the power to crack down on criminals. Well, when there aren't enough criminals, one makes them. One declares so many things to be a crime that it becomes impossible for men to live without breaking laws.” Ayn Rand

“If we relinquish our rights because of fear, what is it exactly, then, we are fighting for?” Sen. Rand Paul

Mr. Nice Guy
Picture of BucFan
posted Hide Post
I like that countdown website Jim.

On my birthday too. Win, win Cool

Sig P229R 9mm
Sig P320c 9mm

Posts: 855 | Location: Tampa, FL USA | Registered: March 30, 2004Report This Post
Drug Dealer
Picture of Jim Shugart
posted Hide Post
BUMP

When a thing is funny, search it carefully for a hidden truth. - George Bernard Shaw

Posts: 12606 | Location: Virginia | Registered: July 03, 2007Report This Post
Picture of OMCHamlin
posted Hide Post
I HATE that fucker. And I believe I hate every last liberal loon that supported (or still supports) him, maybe even more...

And I say that with the precise, crystal clear clarity of exactly what the word "Hate" means...

Posts: 160 | Registered: September 27, 2005Report This Post
Muzzle flash
aficionado
Picture of flashguy
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Expert308:
quote:
Originally posted by cjevans:
https://countingdownto.com/cou...2017-countdown-clock

NObama clock countdown ...

I'd like to find something like this but as an app window that I can place right in the middle of my desktop.
I found this:
http://www.datecountdown.com/?...PM&t=Obama+Departure

flashguy

Texan by choice, not accident of birth

When they ask me, "Paper or plastic?" I just say, "Doesn't matter to me. I am bi-sacksual."

Posts: 18623 | Location: Dallas, TX | Registered: May 08, 2006Report This Post