SIGforum.com    Main Page  Hop To Forum Categories  The Lounge    McIntosh Audio
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

McIntosh Audio Login/Join 
posted
Group
Looking at a ma 6450 int amp pros/cons of this eq any exp owners replys ❓ thanks

Posts: 435 | Location: rocky river ohio | Registered: February 18, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of domcintosh
posted Hide Post
I like the sound of it.

The opinions expressed in no way reflect the stance or opinion of my employer.

Posts: 5446 | Location: Stationed in Kitsap Washington w/ the USN | Registered: November 04, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Honky Lips
Picture of FenderBender
posted Hide Post
I suspect you'll have a hard time finding better than McIntosh for just about anything they make.

Posts: 8146 | Registered: July 24, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Leave the gun.
Take the cannoli.
posted Hide Post
Mac is the best. Sound, quality, and holds value over time.

Posts: 6634 | Location: New England | Registered: January 06, 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
I've owned several Mac amplifiers over the years and have generally been happy with them. They're one of the few companies that still wind their own transformers. They sound good and they definitely have visual presence with the blue meters. Resale, as mentioned above, is always strong.

Posts: 708 | Location: Ohio | Registered: January 04, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Sabonim
Picture of Wayniac
posted Hide Post
What speakers are you planning to drive with it?

Life should not be a journey to the grave with the intention of arriving safely in a pretty and well preserved body, but rather to skid in broadside, in a cloud of smoke, thoroughly used up, totally worn out, and loudly proclaiming, 'Wow! What a Ride! ~Hunter S. Thompson

Posts: 1438 | Location: Florida | Registered: September 06, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
martin logan motion16s

Posts: 435 | Location: rocky river ohio | Registered: February 18, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Political Cynic
Picture of nhtagmember
posted Hide Post
you won't be disappointed

[B] Against ALL enemies, foreign and DOMESTIC

Posts: 53175 | Location: Tucson Arizona | Registered: January 16, 2002Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of PGT
posted Hide Post
Former employee of a McIntosh dealer here. Their traditional audio stuff is all that....and everything that's been said here already. Their HT offerings were always a bit stale/late to market but you can't go wrong with an integrated or separate. We sold more McIntosh than Levinson back then. Great gear.

Posts: 3089 | Registered: December 21, 2014Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Oh stewardess,
I speak jive.
Picture of 46and2
posted Hide Post
They make a bunch of great gear, and have for ages.

Posts: 25613 | Registered: March 12, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Master of one hand
pistol shooting
Picture of Hamden106
posted Hide Post
I still use my Mac 1900 and Mac 1s speakers. I even have a Mac 1700 with small Klipsch.

SIGnature
NRA Benefactor CMP Pistol Distinguished

Posts: 6313 | Location: Oregon | Registered: September 01, 2001Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Leave the gun.
Take the cannoli.
posted Hide Post
When Navy research scientists need to amplify extremely low frequencies (ELF), sub 30Hz, they would use banks of Mac mono blocks. Seemed like a waste of high fidelity equipment but these were the only power amps that could do the job and still get tossed around a barge or back of a truck.

Posts: 6634 | Location: New England | Registered: January 06, 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Sabonim
Picture of Wayniac
posted Hide Post
This amp driving bookshelf speakers should sound great. You may want to consider adding a subwoofer for full range reproduction.

As others have commented, McIntosh gear is built for the long run. I have two McIntosh tube amps and a McIntosh preamplifier in my two channel system. I also installed a McIntosh 8 channel amplifier and zone controller in my whole-house setup. I chose McIntosh for the excellent build quality.

Life should not be a journey to the grave with the intention of arriving safely in a pretty and well preserved body, but rather to skid in broadside, in a cloud of smoke, thoroughly used up, totally worn out, and loudly proclaiming, 'Wow! What a Ride! ~Hunter S. Thompson

Posts: 1438 | Location: Florida | Registered: September 06, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post