SIGforum.com    Main Page  Hop To Forum Categories  The Lounge    The horrifying, racist banana peel. :-/
Page 1 2 3 
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

The horrifying, racist banana peel. :-/ Login/Join 
Funny Man
Picture of TXJIM
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Sportshooter:
Did CNN interview the banana peel? Well, did they?

They tried but it had already split.

Posts: 7093 | Location: Austin, TX | Registered: June 29, 2010Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Now in Florida
Picture of ChicagoSigMan
posted Hide Post
How pathetically weak-minded must you be to (a) believe a random banana peel in a tree is a statement equating you with a monkey and (b) to care enough about it to make it national news.

The liberal academic/cultural echo chamber has caused an generation of people who have lost the ability to think critically and exist in the real world.

Posts: 6063 | Location: FL | Registered: March 09, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Monkeys eat a variety of foods, I guess it's time to get all that offensive monkey food out of the grocery store before someone goes ape over it.

No one's life, liberty or property is safe while the legislature is in session.- Mark Twain

Posts: 3524 | Location: TX | Registered: October 08, 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of 2012BOSS302
posted Hide Post

Donald Trump is not a politician, he is a leader, politicians are a dime a dozen, leaders are priceless.

Posts: 3791 | Location: Idaho | Registered: January 26, 2014Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Honestly- These people could benefit from having a real racist speak on campus. They might see what real hatred is.

The butcher with the sharpest knife has the warmest heart.

Posts: 13397 | Location: Bottom of Lake Washington | Registered: March 06, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of Dead_Eye
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Rightwire:
If you look hard enough, you can be offended by anything

This in spades. Apologies to those who don't have access to a dictionary and thought my reply was racist.

Beware the man who has one gun because he probably knows how to use it.

Posts: 368 | Location: Somplace with cold drinks and warm women | Registered: May 04, 2016Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Baroque Bloke
Picture of Pipe Smoker
posted Hide Post
There's no snowflake like a paranoid snowflake. This is one for the "You can't make this stuff up" file.
[url=http://imgur.com/mopYyM4]

Serious about crackers

Posts: 8934 | Location: San Diego | Registered: July 26, 2014Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Muzzle flash
aficionado
Picture of flashguy
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by synthplayer:
Instead, we've been treating their ridiculous claims as being valid and seeking some way to resolve the problem so that they will never be offended again. That has only exasperated the problem. Just yell at them, "Fuck off, you worthless douche bag!" In the schools, in the workplace, and especially in politics.

Catering to this incessant and ridiculous bull shit has had the same effect as throwing gasoline on fires.
I think the word you wanted was "exacerbated".

flashguy

Texan by choice, not accident of birth

Posts: 27902 | Location: Dallas, TX | Registered: May 08, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Unapologetic Old
School Curmudgeon
Picture of Lord Vaalic
posted Hide Post
so... the president of a black sorority is complaining of racism... irony is sweet

Don't weep for the stupid, or you will be crying all day

Posts: 10722 | Location: TN | Registered: December 18, 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of bigdeal
posted Hide Post
You know, thinking back maybe 10 years, I used to put a bunch of bananas in our team cooler (for baseball tournaments), and toss them to my boys (maybe I can't use that term anymore either) between games to try and get them to eat something good that would help them through the rest of the day. Some of my players were black, so I guess I was exhibiting underlying racism when I tossed them a banana. Roll Eyes

-----------------------------
Guns are awesome because they shoot solid lead freedom. Every man should have several guns. And several dogs, because a man with a cat is a woman. Kurt Schlichter

Posts: 33845 | Location: Orlando, FL | Registered: April 30, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
At least the Mob was clear when they wanted to send a message. I think most remember the horse head in the bed from the Godfather, or the dead canary on the doorstep of a snitch.

Posts: 17222 | Location: Stuck at home | Registered: January 02, 2015Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Muzzle flash
aficionado
Picture of flashguy
posted Hide Post
Admittedly, I'm not Black, but I have a very hard time understanding how a simple banana peel can engender such emotion. Do those blackflakes really always associate bananas with monkeys, and any sight of one is an automatic association of them with apes? How do they handle shopping in supermarkets? There are always displays of bananas in the produce section. (Do they have the same problem with watermelons?)

These people need serious mental health treatments.

flashguy

Texan by choice, not accident of birth

Posts: 27902 | Location: Dallas, TX | Registered: May 08, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Flashguy,

I agree they need some serious mental health treatment. But the "mental health establishment" (meaning elites, libs, politicos, etc) helps perpetuate this thinking instead of calling it out as BS.

Posts: 214 | Registered: December 29, 2016Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=NtBZXaHZv3o

Safety, Situational Awareness and proficiency.

Neck Ties, Hats and ammo brass, Never ,ever touch'em w/o asking first

Posts: 54603 | Location: Henry County , Il | Registered: February 10, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of redleg2/9
posted Hide Post
Was it a small banana peel or a very large banana peel - I mean, some guys might be a little sensitive. Roll Eyes

“Leave the Artillerymen alone, they are an obstinate lot. . .”
– Napoleon Bonaparte

http://poundsstudio.com/

Posts: 2273 | Location: Louisiana | Registered: January 15, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
The Velvet Voicebox
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by flashguy:
Admittedly, I'm not Black, but I have a very hard time understanding how a simple banana peel can engender such emotion. Do those blackflakes really always associate bananas with monkeys, and any sight of one is an automatic association of them with apes? How do they handle shopping in supermarkets? There are always displays of bananas in the produce section. (Do they have the same problem with watermelons?)

These people need serious mental health treatments.

flashguy

Blackflakes.Big Grin Permission to use that term flashguy? For fucks sake, a banana peel? These little pussified fuckers equate this to racist symbolism? I'm betting they could just be making this we are scared shit up for the attention. Roll Eyes

"All great things are simple, and many can be expressed in single words: freedom, justice, honor, duty, mercy, hope."

--Sir Winston Churchill

"The world is filled with violence. Because criminals carry guns, we decent law-abiding citizens should also have guns. Otherwise they will win and the decent people will lose."

--James Earl Jones

Posts: 7655 | Location: KCMO | Registered: August 31, 2002Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Power is nothing
without control
posted Hide Post
Ok, I guess we must not have gone over this on 'shit white folks can't do cause its racist' day when I was in school because I honestly don't understand. Really, I'm not seeing the connection. Can anyone explain why the banana peel is racist? Is it because it was in the tree or something?

I'm not joking, I can't figure this one out.

- Bret

Posts: 2464 | Location: OH | Registered: March 03, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
I suppose that is because you are "white priviliged." By the way, I thought white was a color, not a race.

Anyway, the theory, as I understand it, is that although all humans are primates, and primates like fruits, including bananas, that there is nonetheless a racist dimension when a link between a banana (or a banana peel) and melanin-enhanced humans is made. This is because some of those melanin-enhanced humans were (or are, in the case of relatively recent remarks by certain Russian leaders) dismissively called or associated with another group of primates (monkeys). Whether that link is racist or not depends totally on the subjective view of the protected class individual who observes the banana or banana peel.

Posts: 693 | Registered: March 08, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Savor the limelight
posted Hide Post
Wait, I think I'm getting the hang of this. I wear blue jeans. Blue jeans are made from cotton. Black slaves used to pick cotton. Wearing blue jeans means I support slavery.

Posts: 10913 | Location: SWFL | Registered: October 10, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Conservative Behind
Enemy Lines
Picture of synthplayer
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by flashguy:
I think the word you wanted was "exacerbated".

flashguy

You are correct, sir.

I found what you said riveting.

Posts: 10703 | Location: SF Bay Area | Registered: June 06, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post