SIGforum.com    Main Page  Hop To Forum Categories  The Lounge    All televisions at one FDA campus locked on Fox News
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

All televisions at one FDA campus locked on Fox News Login/Join 
Knows too little
about too much
Picture of rduckwor
posted
At FDA, TVs now turned to Fox News and can't be switched 6 / 20
CBS News logo
CBS News
Laura Strickler

Attention viewers at the U.S. Food and Drug Administration: Televisions will now be tuned to Fox News.

CBS News has confirmed an email was sent to researchers at the FDA's Center for Biologics Evaluation and Research responding to apparent efforts to change the channel on internal television screens. The email from "[White Oak] Digital Display" sent on Wednesday, May 3, was sent to inform the researchers of the "reason for the change from CNN to Fox." White Oak is the name of the FDA's campus.

The email goes on to inform employees that the decision came from the Trump administration.

"The reason for the change is that a decision from the current administration administrative officials has requested that all monitors, under our control, on the White Oak Campus, display FOX news," the email reads.

Then, White Oak apologizes for the "inconvenience," adding, "I am unable to change any of the monitors to any other news source at this time."

The FDA press office did not respond to multiple requests from CBS News for comment.

The internal email was first tweeted by Paul Thacker, a freelance science reporter who is also a former GOP Senate investigator.

The email can be read below:

From: WO Digital Display Sent: Wednesday, May 03, 2017 9:49 AM To: CBER Researchers Subject: Attention: Regards about the news on the monitors in your locationsGood Morning, CBER Researchers,Please excuse me for sending this out to your entire group via your listserv, but I was alerted by a member in your group and I wanted to let everyone know that the reason for the change from CNN to FOX.The reason for the change is that a decision from the current administration administrative officials has requested that all monitors, under our control, on the White Oak Campus, display FOX news.Sorry for the inconvenience, but I am unable to change any of the monitors to any other news source at this time.

http://www.msn.com/en-us/news/...r-BBANjhN?li=BBnb7Kz

RMD

TL Davis: “The Second Amendment is special, not because it protects guns, but because its violation signals a government with the intention to oppress its people…”
Remember: After the first one, the rest are free.

Posts: 20319 | Location: L.A. - Lower Alabama | Registered: April 06, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of RichardC
posted Hide Post
That's absolutely unconscionable.

Posts: 15885 | Location: Florida | Registered: June 23, 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of RichardC
posted Hide Post
Shoulda been Fox Business News. Smile

Its not clear from the article: Did they used to have choices, or were they locked on CNN?

Posts: 15885 | Location: Florida | Registered: June 23, 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Live Slow,
Die Whenever
Picture of medic451
posted Hide Post
How about no fucking channels and save the taxpayers the cable bill????

"I won't be wronged, I won't be insulted, and I won't be laid a hand on. I don't do these things to other people and I require the same from them."
- John Wayne in "The Shootist"

Posts: 3446 | Location: California | Registered: May 31, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
They should be on an endless loop of obnoxious commercials from lawyers suing Big Pharma, followed by ads touting the latest and greatest new drug designed to cure all ailments.

Posts: 17222 | Location: Stuck at home | Registered: January 02, 2015Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Leave the gun.
Take the cannoli.
posted Hide Post
Their at work. Why do they need TV? Maybe in a break room.

Posts: 6634 | Location: New England | Registered: January 06, 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post
I Wanna Missile
Picture of tanksoldier
posted Hide Post
quote:
a decision from the current administration administrative officials has requested that all monitors, under our control, on the White Oak Campus, display FOX news,

Guessing this is fake.

Why only one campus?
Why didn't they simply forward or quote the original email?

Why would "the current administration" be interested in what the employees at ONE FDA campus are watching?

"I am a Soldier. I fight where I'm told and I win where I fight."
GEN George S. Patton, Jr.

Posts: 21542 | Location: Eastern plains of Colorado | Registered: January 25, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Conservative Behind
Enemy Lines
Picture of synthplayer
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by tanksoldier:
Guessing this is fake.

Of course - it's from MSN.

I found what you said riveting.

Posts: 10703 | Location: SF Bay Area | Registered: June 06, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Tinker Sailor Soldier Pie
Picture of Balzé Halzé
posted Hide Post
I wish they could do this for the airports...

~Alan

Acta Non Verba
NRA Life Member (Patron)
God, Family, Guns, Country

Men will fight and die to protect women... because women protect everything else. ~Andrew Klavan

"Once there was only dark. If you ask me, light is winning." ~Rust Cohle

Posts: 30401 | Location: Elv. 7,000 feet, Utah | Registered: October 29, 2012Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of bigdeal
posted Hide Post
You're Fired! needs to be the response, over and over again to this sort of crap.

-----------------------------
Guns are awesome because they shoot solid lead freedom. Every man should have several guns. And several dogs, because a man with a cat is a woman. Kurt Schlichter

Posts: 33845 | Location: Orlando, FL | Registered: April 30, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Coin Sniper
Picture of Rightwire
posted Hide Post
Waaaaaaaaa waaaaaaaaaa waaaaaaaaaaaaaa

Pronoun: His Royal Highness and benevolent Majesty of all he surveys

343 - Never Forget

Its better to be Pavlov's dog than Schrodinger's cat

There are three types of mistakes; Those you learn from, those you suffer from, and those you don't survive.

Posts: 37950 | Location: Above the snow line in Michigan | Registered: May 21, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Tinker Sailor Soldier Pie
Picture of Balzé Halzé
posted Hide Post
FDA denies memo saying it only allows Fox News on TVs

BY MAX GREENWOOD

The Food and Drug Administration (FDA) on Friday denied the validity of a memo circulating on social media that claims that Fox News will be the only news channel allowed on televisions for one of the agency's units.

“There was no directive or memorandum from the Administration that went out to employees about broadcast news channels displaying on monitors in common areas throughout the FDA’s White Oak campus,” an FDA spokeswoman told The Washington Post's Erik Wemple.

The memo, which was apparently sent to employees at the FDA's Center for Biologics Evaluation and Research, says that administration officials have "requested that all monitors, under our control, on the White Oak Campus, display FOX news."

"Sorry for the inconvenience, but I am unable to change any of the monitors to any other news source at this time," it reads.

.@CharlesPPierce, Here's a screen shot of the FDA email announcing all Fox, all the time.

Screen shot protects the sender. pic.twitter.com/cnRQ2ahJQ9

— Paul Thacker (@thackerpd) May 5, 2017
Another agency official told the Post that the memo had come from a customer service representative from the FDA’s Office of Facilities, not Trump administration higher-ups as the message claims.

President Trump himself is a professed fan of Fox News and often compliments the network's coverage of his administration. At times, he has also responded publicly to segments aired on the channel.

http://thehill.com/homenews/me...lows-fox-news-on-tvs

~Alan

Acta Non Verba
NRA Life Member (Patron)
God, Family, Guns, Country

Men will fight and die to protect women... because women protect everything else. ~Andrew Klavan

"Once there was only dark. If you ask me, light is winning." ~Rust Cohle

Posts: 30401 | Location: Elv. 7,000 feet, Utah | Registered: October 29, 2012Reply With QuoteReport This Post
The Velvet Voicebox
posted Hide Post
The main HHS building inside the district has wall mounted TV's near every set of elevator banks on every floor of HHS. The TV's were installed in the early 2000's. They are usually tuned to Cnn, Fox, C span, with a one week rotation between the stations.
I heard recently from a very reliable source that after Tom Price was sworn in as the new HHS Secretary under Trump, Price's wife visited HHS and took notice of the TV's,and their rotation. The order came down shortly thereafter that all the TV's were to be set on Fox and stay there.

"All great things are simple, and many can be expressed in single words: freedom, justice, honor, duty, mercy, hope."

--Sir Winston Churchill

"The world is filled with violence. Because criminals carry guns, we decent law-abiding citizens should also have guns. Otherwise they will win and the decent people will lose."

--James Earl Jones

Posts: 7655 | Location: KCMO | Registered: August 31, 2002Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Don't Panic
Picture of joel9507
posted Hide Post
Nothing wrong with Fox, but they should make them all smart TVs and lock them to SIGforum! All the news that's fit...is here! Smile

No infobabes, true, but we are bilingual - English and bendable!

Posts: 15022 | Location: North Carolina | Registered: October 15, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post