SIGforum.com    Main Page  Hop To Forum Categories  The Lounge    Israel Destroys Hamas Intel HQ
Page 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

Israel Destroys Hamas Intel HQ Login/Join 
wishing we
were congress
posted
https://www.breitbart.com/midd...f-terrorists-inside/

The Israel Defense Forces (IDF) reported Thursday that it had conducted an airstrike on an intelligence headquarters used by the Palestinian terrorist group Hamas in Gaza, killing “dozens” of other terrorist operatives who were inside the building.

The IDF plans a ground invasion of Gaza to root out Hamas terrorists and weapons in the coming days. According to the Times of Israel, an IDF spokesman said: “We are gathering forces on the Gaza border, preparing them. They are studying the field and we will use them when we decide to. … The initiative is ours and time is on our side.”

The Post reported that the Israeli military had called up 7,000 reservists, and artillery and military vehicles have begun to mobilize at the border with Gaza.

Meanwhile, Hamas continued to fire rockets at Israeli cities, including Tel Aviv. Terrorists also launched drones at Israeli communities in southern Israel.

two videos at link

Posts: 19502 | Registered: July 21, 2002Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Political Cynic
Picture of nhtagmember
posted Hide Post
The feel good story of the day

Posts: 53085 | Location: Tucson Arizona | Registered: January 16, 2002Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of konata88
posted Hide Post
This seems like another one of those endless conflicts. What is the world losing if Gaza is wiped off the map? How does that weigh against another never ending conflict?

"Wrong does not cease to be wrong because the majority share in it." L.Tolstoy
"A government is just a body of people, usually, notably, ungoverned." Shepherd Book

Posts: 12683 | Location: In the gilded cage | Registered: December 09, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of 229DAK
posted Hide Post
"The Israel Defense Forces...conducted an airstrike on an intelligence headquarters used by the Palestinian terrorist group Hamas in Gaza, killing “dozens” of other terrorist operatives who were inside the building."

Posts: 9001 | Location: Northern Virginia | Registered: November 04, 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
No, not like
Bill Clinton
Picture of BigSwede
posted Hide Post
I was shocked to hear creepy Jo say that "Israel has the right to defend itself" yesterday

Posts: 5301 | Location: GA | Registered: September 23, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Just because you can,
doesn't mean you should
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by konata88:
This seems like another one of those endless conflicts. What is the world losing if Gaza is wiped off the map? How does that weigh against another never ending conflict?

Tough situation or it would have already been handled.

Since many are civilians and it's among the most densely populated places on the earth (13,700 per sq/mi.) you can't easily separate the rats from the rest of the populace without sending in troops on the ground. That's also an impossible task with no good outcome. Leveling the place, with a large part women and children, wouldn't play well on the news.

This is a perfect example of governments being run by religious zealots and the population on both sides whipped into a frenzy by their beliefs and leaders on both sides. Then add fuel and weaponry from the outside world with their own agenda.

The Ottoman Empire came closest to keeping the area under control with brutality but westerners thought they knew better. The French and British tossed them out at the end of WW1 and the place has been chaos ever since.

Posts: 9456 | Location: NE GA | Registered: August 22, 2002Reply With QuoteReport This Post
half-genius,
half-wit
posted Hide Post
All the money that Israel gave to the Palestinians for schools, hospitals, roads, infrastructure, and what did they use it for?

Schools to teach more terrorists.

Not roads, but tunnels to infiltrate more terrorists.

Instead of infrastructure, tens of thousands of rockets and mortars that they rain down on Israel without cessation, targetting anything that they end up hitting, whatever and wherever it might be.

Fuck 'em.

Posts: 11305 | Location: UK, OR, ONT | Registered: July 10, 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Political Cynic
Picture of nhtagmember
posted Hide Post
for there to be peace in this region, one side will have to completely and utterly destroy the other

if anyone has a better solution I'd love to hear it

Posts: 53085 | Location: Tucson Arizona | Registered: January 16, 2002Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Oriental Redneck
Picture of 12131
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by nhtagmember:
for there to be peace in this region, one side will have to completely and utterly destroy the other

Yep, these neverending tit for tat attacks solve nothing.

Q

Posts: 26203 | Location: TEXAS | Registered: September 04, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Just because you can,
doesn't mean you should
posted Hide Post
quote:

Unfortunately it's not as clear as one side against the other.
The various factions have been trying to do just that for the last two thousand years and more without a resolution.
If the whole of Israel could somehow be transplanted to another continent, the remaining population would then turn on each other and continue the fight.

Posts: 9456 | Location: NE GA | Registered: August 22, 2002Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Glorious SPAM!
Picture of mbinky
posted Hide Post
quote:
Yep, these neverending tit for tat attacks solve nothing.

That's why I pray to God that Israel uses this chance to crush these terrorists once and for all.

I've read that they have called up 9000 reserves and cancelled all leave for the active components. Video a few days ago of them moving their Merkava tanks towards Gaza.

Posts: 10635 | Registered: June 13, 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Too soon old,
too late smart
posted Hide Post
Granny’s sewing thimble would’ve held all the intelligence that was in that headquarters.

Posts: 4757 | Location: Southern Texas | Registered: May 17, 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Uppity Helot
posted Hide Post
Hope that place was packed when the detonation occurred.

Posts: 3128 | Location: Manheim, PA | Registered: September 04, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Official Space Nerd
Picture of Hound Dog
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Sportshooter:
Granny’s sewing thimble would’ve held all the intelligence that was in that headquarters.

The palestinian (or whatever) terrorists aren't dumb. They are very intelligent, which is what makes them so dangerous.

No matter what Israel does, no matter what our 'government' (dictatorship is a better word) does, I will stand by and support Israel 100%.

Fear God and Dread Nought
Admiral of the Fleet Sir Jacky Fisher

Posts: 21821 | Location: Hobbiton, The Shire, Middle Earth | Registered: September 27, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Age Quod Agis
Picture of ArtieS
posted Hide Post
quote:

I've been making this argument for years. Comprehensive defeat is the best peacemaker there is.

"I vowed to myself to fight against evil more completely and more wholeheartedly than I ever did before. . . . That’s the only way to pay back part of that vast debt, to live up to and try to fulfill that tremendous obligation."

Alfred Hornik, Sunday, December 2, 1945 to his family, on his continuing duty to others for surviving WW II.

Posts: 12743 | Location: Central Florida | Registered: November 02, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Peace through
superior firepower
Picture of parabellum
posted Hide Post
Paraphrasing Lincoln- a house divided cannot stand. It must become all one thing, or all another.

Nuclear weapons are the wildcard in the Middle East. You don't want to be on this planet when all of that starts over there. It's only a matter of time.

Posts: 107254 | Registered: January 20, 2000Reply With QuoteReport This Post
The 2nd guarantees the 1st
Picture of fiasconva
posted Hide Post
Hard to believe they were stupid enough to all be in one or two locations together knowing what obviously was coming from the Israelis.

"Even if the world were perfect it wouldn't be." ... Yogi Berra

Posts: 1856 | Location: York County, VA | Registered: August 25, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
How long before the "news" starts showing pictures and claiming it was a mosque that was blown up?

Posts: 1038 | Location: New Jersey | Registered: August 16, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by PeteF:
How long before the "news" starts showing pictures and claiming it was a mosque that was blown up?

And not reporting on how much money Obiden just gave them and his complacency with Iran developing nukes. Any nuclear weapon ever possessed by Iran WILL be detonated either in Israel, or the U.S. I have no doubt at all. When that happens WWIII may very well start. Preventing Iran from ever getting a nuke is one of the most basic jobs of any U.S. President. That Obama and Biden are trying their damndest to let them build one is unconscionable.

Posts: 4690 | Location: Indiana | Registered: December 28, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
What was Hamas thinking?

Perhaps they are hoping for Israel to invade Gaza. They might expect to gain sympathy and outrage on the Arab street which might translate into busting up the growing ties between Israel and and the Islamic nations of the region. I think that the Biden admin would be ok with this outcome.

Just a guess...

Silent

Posts: 1019 | Registered: February 02, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post