SIGforum.com    Main Page  Hop To Forum Categories  The Lounge    Tim Tebow hits two-run homer in first minor league at-bat ***UPDATE: now invited to Mets major league training camp***
Page 1 2 3 4 
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

Tim Tebow hits two-run homer in first minor league at-bat ***UPDATE: now invited to Mets major league training camp*** Login/Join 
posting without pants
Picture of KevinCW
posted Hide Post
They also get signing bonuses... usually in the hundreds of thousands of if taken I the first fe2 rounds of the draft, millions.... they also get hotels, meals, and a per diam.... it ain't that bad....

Strive to live your life so when you wake up in the morning and your feet hit the floor, the devil says "Oh crap, he's up."

Posts: 33287 | Location: St. Louis MO | Registered: February 15, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
At Jacob's Well
Picture of jaaron11
posted Hide Post
Went to watch our Birmingham Barons (AA ball) last night. Walking by the players parking lot after the game, you could definitely tell which players got a signing bonus and which ones didn't!

J

Rak Chazak Amats

Posts: 5281 | Location: SW Missouri | Registered: May 08, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Stangosaurus Rex
Picture of Tommydogg
posted Hide Post
We go to the St Lucie Mets on Thuresday nights when they play home games. Im looking at him as I type this at the left field Tiki bar! Just saw him make a catch and end the inning. He sure increased the crowd!

Beth Greene

Posts: 7841 | Location: South Florida | Registered: January 09, 2011Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Certified Plane Pusher
Picture of Phantom229
posted Hide Post
Makes me want to watch Bull Durham.

Situation awareness is defined as a continuous extraction of environmental information, integration of this information with previous knowledge to form a coherent mental picture in directing further perception and anticipating future events. Simply put, situational awareness mean knowing what is going on around you.

Posts: 7895 | Location: Around Lake Tapps, Wa | Registered: September 29, 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Stangosaurus Rex
Picture of Tommydogg
posted Hide Post
Just got some good pictures of people taking pictures of Tebow running home.

Beth Greene

Posts: 7841 | Location: South Florida | Registered: January 09, 2011Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Go Tim! Gotta stand for a man who stands for something bigger than himself.

Silent

Posts: 1025 | Registered: February 02, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Essayons
Picture of SapperSteel
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Silent:
Go Tim! Gotta stand for a man who stands for something bigger than himself.

Silent

Yeah.

There's a LOT that's good and right about America, and Tebow embodies a whole bunch of that. What's more American than a good man who loves to play baseball in the summer and bows his head to God all year long?

I don't get the hate that so many project on this guy. I'd love to shake his hand, share a drink, and call him friend. I wish him nothing but the best!

Thanks,

Sap

Posts: 3452 | Location: Arimo, Idaho | Registered: February 03, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Stangosaurus Rex
Picture of Tommydogg
posted Hide Post
Last night was not a good night, the Mets lost bad, 11 to zilch.

Beth Greene

posted Hide Post
Tebow plays Defense.

Silent

Picture of 2012BOSS302
posted Hide Post

Donald Trump is not a politician, he is a leader, politicians are a dime a dozen, leaders are priceless.

Posts: 3791 | Location: Idaho | Registered: January 26, 2014Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Edge seeking
Sharp blade!
posted Hide Post
I think I told this in another Tim Tebow thread before. A family member knew a lawyer in Denver that handled sticky situations for Bronco players. His business with Bronco players dried up during the Tebo era thought to be due to Tebow's influence.

Posts: 7451 | Location: Over the hills and far away | Registered: January 20, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Stangosaurus Rex
Picture of Tommydogg
posted Hide Post
It was looking like a homer till the wind caught it!

Beth Greene

Blinded by
the Sun
Picture of GA Gator
posted Hide Post
Way to go Tim, keep on keep'n on. Walk off home run hitting .327 since being called up.

------------------------------
Smart is not something you are but something you get.

Chi Chi, get the yayo

Posts: 4786 | Location: Home | Registered: April 27, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
come and take it
posted Hide Post
I have been checking the box scores for the Fireflies and now the Port St. Lucie Mets daily since this thread started. He is definitely getting better. Hitting a walk off home run looks like fun, even in single A.

I have a few SIGs.

Posts: 1887 | Location: Texan north of the Red River | Registered: November 05, 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Ammoholic
Picture of Skins2881
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by GA Gator:
Way to go Tim, keep on keep'n on. Walk off home run hitting .327 since being called up.

He also had a eight or nine game hitting streak since being called up. I still think he'll never make it out of the minors, but what the heck, I'm going to root for him.

Jesse

Sic Semper Tyrannis

Posts: 20815 | Location: Loudoun County, Virginia | Registered: December 27, 2014Reply With QuoteReport This Post
thin skin can't win
Picture of Georgeair
posted Hide Post
That's pretty cool.

You only have integrity once. - imprezaguy02

Posts: 12402 | Location: Madison, MS | Registered: December 10, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
always with a hat or sunscreen
Picture of bald1
posted Hide Post
Excellent, excellent article: http://www.breitbart.com/sport...ow-just-loves-lucie/

Certifiable member of the gun toting, septuagenarian, bucket list workin', crazed retiree, bald is beautiful club!
USN (RET), COTEP #192

Posts: 16192 | Location: Black Hills of South Dakota | Registered: June 20, 2010Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Essayons
Picture of SapperSteel
posted Hide Post
From today's USA Today: LINK

quote:
Tebow cites comfort as reason for recent surge
Jon Santucci, jon.santucci@tcpalm.com Published 7:51 p.m. ET July 20, 2017 | Updated 8:14 p.m. ET July 20, 2017

[Go to URL to view photo]
Tim Tebow sat down for an exclusive interview with TCPalm sports reporter Jon Santucci on July 20 at First Data Field. LEAH VOSS/TCPALM (Photo: LEAH VOSS/TCPALM)

PORT ST. LUCIE — Tim Tebow has been playing with the St. Lucie Mets for less than a month — a very small sample size to analyze a baseball player — but the early returns are impressive.

After hitting .220/.311/.336 in 64 games at low-A Columbia, the 29-year-old former Heisman Trophy winner is batting .306/.390/.514 with the Mets heading into Thursday night’s game against the Jupiter Hammerheads.

Typically, it’s strange to see any minor leaguer hit almost 90 percentage points higher against a higher level of competition. But, as is the case with many Tebow-related situations, there’s more to it than meets the eye.

Until 10 months ago, Tebow hadn't played in a competitive baseball game since his junior year of high school. Since signing with the Mets in September, Tebow had a crash course in the game.

[[Go to URL to view inset box with 15 photos and the following blurb] Tim Tebow talks baseball in TCPalm exclusive interview

In an exclusive interview, St. Lucie Mets outfielder Tim Tebow and TCPalm sports multimedia journalist Jon Santucci discussed Tebow’s progress in baseball, his love of competition and how he views his future in sports on Thursday, July 20 at First Data Field in Port St. Lucie. “I’ve enjoyed the challenge of it, the struggle, the learning, just the improvement of it, so overall it’s been a whirlwind, but it’s been a lot of fun,” Tebow said. “I love competing. It’s something that’s been in my DNA I think since I was born, I enjoy it.” LEAH VOSS/TCPALM]

The repetition of playing every day is allowing him to feel more at ease in the batter’s box.

“I think I’m more comfortable seeing more pitches,” Tebow said Thursday in an exclusive interview with TCPalm. “Playing baseball for longer, I think that helps. Also (hitting coach) Luis (Natera) and (manager) Chad (Kreuter), getting to work with them every day and just what we’re doing out there — taking pitches, seeing, tracking. I feel more comfortable with my swing, feel more comfortable with my game plan I’m having against pitchers and then just playing more baseball helps, too.”

Natera said Tebow has “made a big jump from spring training to now.”

“Spring training was too early to say something about it, but he was rough,” Natera said. “Too much body in his swing. For a guy who didn’t play a game for years — and he’s a big, strong kid — he had too much body in his swing. Now he’s using his legs and his hands much better. A much more fluid swing. Now he’s pulling the ball the right way.”

Tebow had a 12-game hitting streak from July 3-14 and has hit as many home runs (three) in 22 games with St. Lucie as he hit in Columbia. He had driven in a run in five of the previous seven games heading into Thursday's action and has considerably cut down his strikeout rate (one in every 5.5 at-bats in St. Lucie compared to one in every 3.1 in Columbia).

Still, Tebow refuses to think about what’s next in his baseball career or if he’ll get a call-up to the big leagues at some point — something New York general manager Sandy Alderson said last week he didn’t “foresee.”

“It’s a dangerous place to be as an athlete,” Tebow said. “You don’t want to think about that. I’ve got to think about the here, I’ve got to think about the now, I’ve got to think about what I’m doing. …This journey isn’t just about the destination. It’s about every single day. It’s about the competition against the pitcher. It’s about the camaraderie with my teammates. It’s about enjoying every moment.

“Wherever it ends, I’m going to have fun.”

Thanks,

Sap

Posts: 3452 | Location: Arimo, Idaho | Registered: February 03, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Matthew 5:16
Go Tim!

Silent

Picture of Dbltap
posted Hide Post
Go Tim, make your field of dreams come true.
May the good Lord bless your bat like the sword of Joshua.

Posts: 458 | Registered: August 08, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post