SIGforum.com    Main Page  Hop To Forum Categories  The Lounge    Anyone Have A Toenail Removed? (Chemical Matrixectomy)
Page 1 2 
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

Anyone Have A Toenail Removed? (Chemical Matrixectomy) Login/Join 
posted Hide Post
Pics or it didn't happen......

Smile

Posts: 406 | Location: Transplanted from UT to MD | Registered: August 09, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of Shaql
posted Hide Post
It was too long ago for me to remember the recovery but I can tell you that the first time I had it done, it didn't take. Had to go back later.

Just call your dr...

Hedley Lamarr: Wait, wait, wait. I'm unarmed.
Bart: Alright, we'll settle this like men, with our fists.
Hedley Lamarr: Sorry, I just remembered . . . I am armed.

Posts: 6851 | Location: Atlanta | Registered: April 23, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
I had this process on side of both of the nails on my big toes due to ingrown toenails (I blame it on working on the farm and getting my feet stepped on by cattle more times than I can count).

The edges still grow back and I end of tearing them out every couple months. 3 of the 4 edges it's just a sliver that keeps coming back so isn't too big of a deal, but the other is a chunk at least a 1/4" wide and every time it takes a huge chunk of nail bed with it, but the damn thing keeps coming back. Good luck - hopefully it works for you.

I will say even with the issues I've had post surgery its MUCH better than it was before.

I reject your reality and substitute my own.
--Adam Savage, MythBusters

Posts: 1748 | Location: Red Wing, MN | Registered: January 04, 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post