SIGforum.com    Main Page  Hop To Forum Categories  The Lounge    Weber Q Gas Grill Fans: Step Inside! I Have A Question
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

Weber Q Gas Grill Fans: Step Inside! I Have A Question Login/Join 
Get my pies
outta the oven!

Picture of PASig
posted
My STOK Island grill is starting to rust out on me and it's now discontinued meaning there's no replacement parts so I was thinking of getting a Weber Q3200 this time around.

I really like the design and reviews all seem to be glowing for the Q series. I did have a concern about the lack of "heat tents" or "flavorizer bars" as they are sometimes called which go over the burners to help to keep flare-ups from happening. The Q grills do not appear to have them? Are flare-ups not an issue with this design?

Posts: 33769 | Location: Pennsylvania | Registered: November 12, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Just because you can,
doesn't mean you should
posted Hide Post
I got one of these (E-210) last summer and have been very happy with it so far.

https://www.homedepot.com/p/We...iZpZvL0aAubVEALw_wcB

Mine isn't as stylish as the one you've shown but I want it to cook meat and last a long time.

Posts: 9495 | Location: NE GA | Registered: August 22, 2002Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Ammoholic
Picture of Skins2881
posted Hide Post
With out flavorizer bars you may end up with more flare ups. I would also be concerned about indirect cooking on it vs the Genesis series.

To me it's a situation where you get worst of both worlds. Too small for large cook out too big to be easily portable.

I'd save a month or two longer and get 300 series Genesis. It's a heck of a lot more grill, but also double the price.

Jesse

Sic Semper Tyrannis

Posts: 20815 | Location: Loudoun County, Virginia | Registered: December 27, 2014Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
I have owned my Weber Genesis Series gas grill for 25+ years. I can't imagine finding a better built , or more dependable cooking unit. It is awesome and will likely outlast me. Go with the Genesis Series if you possibly can.

Posts: 6613 | Location: Az | Registered: May 27, 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=mUPX-9zkMeA

Safety, Situational Awareness and proficiency.

Neck Ties, Hats and ammo brass, Never ,ever touch'em w/o asking first

Posts: 54604 | Location: Henry County , Il | Registered: February 10, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
My wife and I have a Q1200 that we keep in the camper. I cook with the lid closed and no, there are no flare-ups. We have a full size Weber here at the house. It also does a great job but, with just the 2 of us here now, if we had to start from [gas grill] scratch today, we would get and have just the Q1200 or next size up, the Q2200. They are absolutely incredible little grills, whether camping, tail-gating, or around the house. They get very hot, are built like tanks, portable, and cleverly designed. They use the small propane bottles (easily refilled for pennies) or can be adapted to a larger tank. Bottom line, I highly recommend the "Q" grills.

------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
"And it's time that particularly, some of our corporations learned, that when you get in bed with government, you're going to get more than a good night's sleep."
- Ronald Reagan

Posts: 5785 | Location: Pegram, TN | Registered: March 17, 2002Reply With QuoteReport This Post
paradox in a box
Picture of frayedends
posted Hide Post
I have the 3200. Love it. I had used one at a campground once and loved it. I had a work anniversary award with points that allowed me to get this after I was divorced. It’s a great grill. The legs and table sides are a bit cheap plastic. But it gets real hot. Flare ups haven’t been bad.

These go to eleven.

Posts: 12423 | Location: Westminster, MA | Registered: November 14, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
I have a small Q, it gets hotter than hell and flare ups are not an issue.

Posts: 21335 | Registered: June 12, 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Fire for effect
posted Hide Post
I have had one exactly like the picture since 2012. It's a great grill. You do need to learn how to use it right, just like any other grill.

"Ride to the sound of the big guns."

Posts: 7210 | Location: South Georgia | Registered: May 13, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post