SIGforum.com    Main Page  Hop To Forum Categories  The Lounge    Most fun gun to shoot
Page 1 2 3 4 5 
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

Most fun gun to shoot Login/Join 
Picture of HayesGreener
posted Hide Post
There were so many-so hard to choose. The HK MP5 Navy version comes out number 1 and a close second is the M2, but then there was the 90mm recoilless and the 81 mm mortar...….dang, so much fun..

CMSGT USAF (Retired)
Chief of Police (Retired)

Posts: 4358 | Location: Florida Panhandle | Registered: September 27, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Optimistic Cynic
Picture of architect
posted Hide Post
I think the gunners on the battleships have us all beat.

Posts: 6469 | Location: NoVA | Registered: July 22, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Step by step walk the thousand mile road
Picture of Sig2340
posted Hide Post
Except for the machine guns I've shot where others were paying for the ammunition, my favorites are three:

Shotgun: my 1954 12 ga. Browning Superposed skeet gun. I've shot more ammo through that one gun than all the rest of my collection combined. When I shot competitively, it became part of me. Sadly all of me wasn't that great a shot, but for sheer joy, that's the one gun I won't part with, this side of the crematoria.

Pistol: my 1992 SIG P226 in 9x19mm. It literally is the gun that changed pistol shooting for me. It fit my hand as if it was custom made. It's the last handgun I'll part with.

Rifle: whereas I'll keep my AR-15 SBR because of tax stamps and two suppressors that work on it, my most fun rifle is an old Browning T-bolt that I got from the pile of confiscated guns Odin International imported from Mexico in 1981-1983. A few years ago I had it threaded for my AAC Pilot suppressor and it made it even more fun to shoot. With CCI Green Tag or other match ammo, it is a 1.5 MOA rifle to 100 yards. With subsonic ammo, it is air rifle quiet.

Now if I must choose among these, the Superposed, even though parting with the others would be painful.

Nice is overrated

"It's every freedom-loving individual's duty to lie to the government."
Airsoftguy, June 29, 2018

Posts: 31436 | Location: Loudoun County, Virginia | Registered: May 17, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Get Off My Lawn
Picture of oddball
posted Hide Post
My Kidd Innovations 10/22. It may be boringly accurate, but that is part of the charm, plus it is so damned reliable. Speed shooting a B-25 mag full of ammo is a lot of fun. It is really easy to go thru a brick in no time.

"I’m not going to read Time Magazine, I’m not going to read Newsweek, I’m not going to read any of these magazines; I mean, because they have too much to lose by printing the truth"- Bob Dylan, 1965

Posts: 16693 | Location: Texas | Registered: May 13, 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Three Generations
of Service
Picture of PHPaul
posted Hide Post
I'm a cheap date.

My Henry Lever in .22, especially shooting shorts: Pop.....sssssssssssssssssss....tink!

Ruger Single Six with a red dot using clay pigeons for a target. 25 yards or so, wrists resting on the hood of the truck. I can go through a case of birds in one session pretty easily.

Be careful when following the masses. Sometimes the M is silent.

Posts: 15227 | Location: Downeast Maine | Registered: March 10, 2010Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Crusty old
curmudgeon
Picture of Jimbo54
posted Hide Post
M60 and M79 Thumper have to be mentioned for sure.

For the shear fun factor now I'd have to say my Henry H01 .22 lever gun and my Ruger Mk3 .22 pistol. Hours of fun for $25 or so.

Jim

"If you can't be a good example, then you'll have to be a horrible warning" -Catherine Aird

Posts: 9791 | Location: The right side of Washington State | Registered: September 14, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Borrowed: MP 5 in 10mm (from my FBI friend)

Personally owned: BHP

Posts: 3537 | Location: Alexandria, VA | Registered: March 07, 2011Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Still finding my way
Picture of Ryanp225
posted Hide Post
Tie between a full auto M4 SBR or a suppressed Walther PPK.
Couldn't decide if it was more fun to be Val Kilmer from Heat or James Bond. Cool

Posts: 10849 | Registered: January 04, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
delicately calloused
Picture of darthfuster
posted Hide Post
I like the mechanical exercise of shooting and cycling my Winchester 94

You’re a lying dog-faced pony soldier

Posts: 29695 | Location: Highland, Ut. | Registered: May 07, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
It's not you,
it's me.
Picture of RAMIUS
posted Hide Post
The most fun one I’m shooting now is the Shockwave. Love that thing.

Posts: 7016 | Location: Right outside Philly | Registered: September 08, 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of nighthawk
posted Hide Post
Ruger Blackhawk in 357, and Ruger mini 14.

"Hold my beer.....Watch this".

Posts: 5933 | Location: Republic of Texas | Registered: April 06, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
I have fired a lot of different weapons between the military, LEO, and as a civilian. M2 50 cal, M60, M16, M79, MP 5, MK 19, UMP 40, AK, ......

But I think that one of the most fun ones to shoot would be the M 249 SAW. It has a high cyclic rate, and low recoil. It was a blast to shoot on a 1 way firing range. On a 2 way firing range tgat thing sucked, it always drew a lot of incoming fire.

Posts: 2226 | Location: Lawrenceburg, In | Registered: May 20, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Go ahead punk, make my day
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by navyshooter:
quote:
Originally posted by RHINOWSO:
M2 from the door of a helicopter.

GAU-16 in my day and now upgraded to the GAU-21. Yes good times
I was fortunate enough to make friends with the H-60 Helo guys and to shoot 2 x boxes of 50cal through one at tanks in the Fallon Ranges.

Fun as hell but a lot harder than it looks (for the first half of the flight I watched 2 x AWs shoot at things) before getting the trigger time.

Posts: 45798 | Registered: July 12, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Maybe I should have specified non-NFA or military only guns?

Posts: 22 | Location: Pittsburgh  | Registered: October 02, 2018Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
When I would mag dump the Vepr all shooting at the range would come to a stand still to watch

Posts: 22 | Location: Pittsburgh  | Registered: October 02, 2018Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of Steyn
posted Hide Post
Borrowed: a grease gun. Uber controllable.

Mine: a CSA vz58 in 7.62x39. Lighter and more precise than any AK I’ve shot.

Posts: 389 | Registered: October 12, 2017Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Low Speed, High Drag
Picture of navyshooter
posted Hide Post
quote:
quote:
Originally posted by navyshooter:
quote:
M2 from the door of a helicopter.

GAU-16 in my day and now upgraded to the GAU-21. Yes good times
I was fortunate enough to make friends with the H-60 Helo guys and to shoot 2 x boxes of 50cal through one at tanks in the Fallon Ranges.

Fun as hell but a lot harder than it looks (for the first half of the flight I watched 2 x AWs shoot at things) before getting the trigger time.

Very Cool. It's amazing what you can get from the Black Shoes with a Helo ride and some trigger time.

The closest I ever game to dying was in the back of a Helo was doing a Break Lock EX on a range at Fallon. One pilot was screaming "I GOT IT, I GOT IT!!!!" the other pilot was just screaming
NOT a good time.

"Blessed is he who when facing his own demise, thinks only of his front sight.”

Malo periculosam, libertatem quam quietam servitutem

Montani Semper Liberi

Posts: 10355 | Location: Santa Rosa County | Registered: March 06, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Now in Florida
Picture of ChicagoSigMan
posted Hide Post
I like shooting my 5.56 Mk12 Mod 1 at 3-500 yards. Use 77gr OTM rounds which have gotten much cheaper these days. Really fun.

Posts: 6063 | Location: FL | Registered: March 09, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
It's a tie - mp5 subgun and a suppressed full auto 10\22. The 10\22 has a cyclic rate around 1100 rpm and with the suppressor all you hear is whapwhapwhap.

Posts: 270 | Location: Oregon | Registered: May 22, 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
M1 Garand

Posts: 2044 | Registered: September 19, 2011Reply With QuoteReport This Post