SIGforum.com    Main Page  Hop To Forum Categories  The Lounge    Way too creepy technology or just a crazy coincidence???? Out of control it did it AGAIN!! Pg 2!
Page 1 2 
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

Way too creepy technology or just a crazy coincidence???? Out of control it did it AGAIN!! Pg 2! Login/Join 
Raised Hands Surround Us
Three Nails To Protect Us
Picture of Black92LX
posted
So somebody’s post about Larry David got me in the mood for some Curb Your Enthusiam so we started watching and Jeff Garlin came on.
That got me thinking about the Goldbergs which my wife and I love but never watched with any consistency as it comes on when the kiddos are generally still awake and it is not on Netflix.
Well we just switched to Sprint which gives a free Hulu subscription that I just happened to setup last night. I figured I would check Hulu for the Goldbergs, well flipped to Hulu and what is the opening show suggestion when I logged into Hulu. Yup, The Goldbergs!!!
Weird, weird, weird.

But now I see why the Hulu subscription is free. It has commercials, boo!

This message has been edited. Last edited by: Black92LX,

————————————————
The world's not perfect, but it's not that bad.
If we got each other, and that's all we have.
I will be your brother, and I'll hold your hand.
You should know I'll be there for you!

Posts: 25354 | Registered: September 06, 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Do you have an Amazon Echo or the like?

Posts: 3875 | Registered: January 25, 2013Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Raised Hands Surround Us
Picture of Black92LX
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by 1s1k:

Using an old FireTV that does not have the voice capabilities.
Plus Indid not say a word about the Goldbergs.

————————————————

Three on, one off
Picture of G-Man
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by 1s1k:

That was my question also. I don’t trust those surveillance devices.

Posts: 4449 | Location: Michigan | Registered: November 03, 2002Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Not really from Vienna
Picture of arfmel
posted Hide Post
Couple weeks ago, at the local greasy spoon, we were talking about tortillas (we are a bunch of boring old men) and one guy said he didn't remember seeing flour tortillas before the 1970s. I was sure I had been eating them since before then. So I got out my iphone and began typing "when were flour tortillas invented" and before I got to the "o" in tortillas, that entire phrase popped up first in the search choices. I don't use Siri, or none of them other voice command services, neither.

Moral:

"They" are always listening. Wink

Posts: 26852 | Location: Jerkwater, Texas | Registered: January 30, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of fatmanspencer
posted Hide Post
Nah its creepy. Its why at home I have it turned mostly off. I am however jealous of your old man club. Also when was the flour tortillas invented? I imagine corn have been around, but flour would be a fairly new thing to American culture.

Used guns deserve a home too

Posts: 783 | Location: North Ga | Registered: August 06, 2016Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Cogito Ergo Sum
posted Hide Post
quote:
”They" are always listening.

Exactamundo. “They” are everywhere.

Posts: 5691 | Registered: August 01, 2002Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by arfmel:
"when were flour tortillas invented" and before I got to the "o" in tortillas, that entire phrase popped up first in the search choices.

Mine popped up with the same result by the time I typed in the "o" in flour.

Posts: 325 | Registered: September 10, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Peace through
superior firepower
Picture of parabellum
posted Hide Post
Yeah, yesterday, about 6 PM, I thought to myself "I'm hungry", and then the wife walked into the room and asked me what I wanted for dinner.
I mean, I'm still freakin' out. That's just too much of a coincidence. It was like the Universe was reading my mind. What does it all mean?

And I don't even own one of those Lexus things.

Posts: 107259 | Registered: January 20, 2000Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Raised Hands Surround Us
Picture of Black92LX
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by parabellum:
Yeah, yesterday, about 6 PM, I thought to myself "I'm hungry", and then the wife walked into the room and asked me what I wanted for dinner.
I mean, I'm still freakin' out. That's just too much of a coincidence. It was like the Universe was reading my mind. What does it all mean?

And I don't even own one of those Lexus things.

Means you have an awesome wife.

What did she make you??

————————————————

Peace through
superior firepower
Picture of parabellum
posted Hide Post
Tide pods

...and then, I look in the forum, and what do I see? A story about people eating Tide pods! Creepy, man, I'm telling you.

Posts: 107259 | Registered: January 20, 2000Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Baroque Bloke
Picture of Pipe Smoker
posted Hide Post
I recommend the Goldberg Variations (J. S. Bach).

Serious about crackers

Posts: 8854 | Location: San Diego | Registered: July 26, 2014Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Plowing straight ahead come what may
Picture of Bisleyblackhawk
posted Hide Post
Para, I just spewed a mouth full of tea on my iPad Big Grin

"we've gotta roll with the punches, learn to play all of our hunches
Making the best of what ever comes our way
Forget that blind ambition and learn to trust your intuition
Plowing straight ahead come what may
And theres a cowboy in the jungle"
Jimmy Buffet

Posts: 10580 | Location: Southeast Tennessee...not far above my homestate Georgia | Registered: March 10, 2010Reply With QuoteReport This Post
It's not you,
it's me.
Picture of RAMIUS
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by arfmel:
Couple weeks ago, at the local greasy spoon, we were talking about tortillas (we are a bunch of boring old men) and one guy said he didn't remember seeing flour tortillas before the 1970s. I was sure I had been eating them since before then. So I got out my iphone and began typing "when were flour tortillas invented" and before I got to the "o" in tortillas, that entire phrase popped up first in the search choices. I don't use Siri, or none of them other voice command services, neither.

Moral:

"They" are always listening. Wink

Nah, that's Google autofill...has nothing to do with them listening to your flour tortilla convo.

Posts: 7016 | Location: Right outside Philly | Registered: September 08, 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
His Royal Hiney
Picture of Rey HRH
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Bisleyblackhawk:
Para, I just spewed a mouth full of tea on my iPad Big Grin

Yeah, the one-two punch of the two posts knocked me out, too.

"It did not really matter what we expected from life, but rather what life expected from us. We needed to stop asking about the meaning of life, and instead to think of ourselves as those who were being questioned by life – daily and hourly. Our answer must consist not in talk and meditation, but in right action and in right conduct. Life ultimately means taking the responsibility to find the right answer to its problems and to fulfill the tasks which it constantly sets for each individual." Viktor Frankl, Man's Search for Meaning, 1946.

Posts: 19583 | Location: The Free State of Arizona - Ditat Deus | Registered: March 24, 2011Reply With QuoteReport This Post
His Royal Hiney
Picture of Rey HRH
posted Hide Post
I put it to creepy technology. Seriously.

Combine the many ways you leave the slightest of digital footprints with predictive analytics and you end up with

"I am putting myself to the fullest possible use, which I think that any conscious entity can ever hope to do."

"I've just picked up a fault in the AE35 unit. It's going to go 100% failure in 72 hours."

" This mission is too important for me to allow you to jeopardize it."

"It did not really matter what we expected from life, but rather what life expected from us. We needed to stop asking about the meaning of life, and instead to think of ourselves as those who were being questioned by life – daily and hourly. Our answer must consist not in talk and meditation, but in right action and in right conduct. Life ultimately means taking the responsibility to find the right answer to its problems and to fulfill the tasks which it constantly sets for each individual." Viktor Frankl, Man's Search for Meaning, 1946.

Posts: 19583 | Location: The Free State of Arizona - Ditat Deus | Registered: March 24, 2011Reply With QuoteReport This Post
The Unmanned Writer
Picture of LS1 GTO
posted Hide Post
Excuse me, could you explain this free Hulu subscription with Sprint?

I've had them since the pioneer plan days and would like to know where to get this info.

Life moves pretty fast. If you don't stop and look around once in a while, you could miss it.

Only in an insane world are the sane considered insane.

The memories of a man in his old age
Are the deeds of a man in his prime

Posts: 14020 | Location: It was Lat: 33.xxxx Lon: 44.xxxx now it's CA :( | Registered: March 22, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Raised Hands Surround Us
Picture of Black92LX
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by LS1 GTO:
Excuse me, could you explain this free Hulu subscription with Sprint?

I've had them since the pioneer plan days and would like to know where to get this info.

If you have the Unlimited Plan

quote:

New and current Sprint Unlimited customers can sign up for Hulu:

Login to your sprint.com account and go to sprint.com/hulu. Click Get it Now and add Hulu to your account.
Chat with us at sprint.com/chat
Go to sprint.com/mysprint
Call Sprint Customer Care

After signing up, you’ll get a text message with an activation link, where you can complete the Hulu registration process. This is a required step to access Hulu and all its benefits. It’s simple– just enter your email, create an account or log in to your current Hulu account, and you’re done! (Please note: The phone that receives the SMS must be used to register for Hulu)

Note: Currently, customers who sign up for the Hulu Limited Commercials plan, which is included with their Sprint Unlimited plan, will not have access to Hulu with Live TV, the Hulu No Commercials plan or any Hulu Premium Add-ons.

Commercials kind of suck. Have not watched commercials in years. But we really want to watch The Goldbergs so we'll suck it up.

You also get 6 months of TIDAL for free.
I am going to give it a try to see how much better sound quality is compared to Pandora and Amazon. If it is that much better I may dump Pandora and go with TIDAL but I hate that it is owned by Jay-Z, Kanye and the like.

————————————————

Just for the
hell of it
Picture of comet24
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by k5blazer:
quote:
”They" are always listening.

Exactamundo. “They” are everywhere.

Because in the end, you won’t remember the time you spent working in the office or mowing your lawn. Climb that goddamn mountain. Jack Kerouac

Posts: 16378 | Registered: March 27, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
I understand you can get Hulu without ads but there is a monthly subscription fee. Nothing comes for nothing.

Posts: 1571 | Location: SW PA | Registered: November 18, 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post