SIGforum.com    Main Page  Hop To Forum Categories  The Lounge    Fiscal responsibility? Republican senator: 'Nobody cares' about spending!
Page 1 2 
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

Fiscal responsibility? Republican senator: 'Nobody cares' about spending! Login/Join 
Leave the gun.
Take the cannoli.
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Balzé Halzé:
quote:
Originally posted by PD:
Roll Eyes I think we just had this discussion a few weeks ago. For the record, I think local, state, and federal government spend money like drunken sailors and I certainly know about drunk sailors.

Well, at least we spend our own money and not someone else's. And when we run out, we don't borrow more; we go back out to sea and earn more!

God, I wish I had the money back that I spent as a drunken sailor. At least I have the pension Big Grin

Posts: 6634 | Location: New England | Registered: January 06, 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Dances With
Tornados
posted Hide Post
This is a most fascinating and thought provoking thread.
I’m so glad to be a member of SigForum and for the wealth of knowledge shared by our members. It’s a privilege and honor to be here and be educated so freely by people I trust. Thank you to Para and LBJ for making this possible.

Posts: 11839 | Registered: October 26, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Lawyers, Guns
and Money
Picture of chellim1
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by OKCGene:
This is a most fascinating and thought provoking thread.
I’m so glad to be a member of SigForum and for the wealth of knowledge shared by our members. It’s a privilege and honor to be here and be educated so freely by people I trust. Thank you to Para and LBJ for making this possible.

I agree, Gene.

The really fascinating and thought provoking thing about this thread is that the issues haven't changed that much since Lincoln's observation during his debate with Stephen Douglas:

You Work and Toil and Earn Bread, and I’ll Eat It

This was brought to mind by Dinesh D’Souza in another thread about LBJ.

link

"Some things are apparent. Where government moves in, community retreats, civil society disintegrates and our ability to control our own destiny atrophies. The result is: families under siege; war in the streets; unapologetic expropriation of property; the precipitous decline of the rule of law; the rapid rise of corruption; the loss of civility and the triumph of deceit. The result is a debased, debauched culture which finds moral depravity entertaining and virtue contemptible."
-- Justice Janice Rogers Brown

"The United States government is the largest criminal enterprise on earth."
-rduckwor

Posts: 24100 | Location: St. Louis, MO | Registered: April 03, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
delicately calloused
Picture of darthfuster
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by bigdeal:
Let's hope history holds in that when nations collapse, the first people 'eliminated' from the planet are the politicians.

I believe this is why politicians want to disarms us of any effective firearm. I think they know what's coming and want us unable to do anything about it.

You’re a lying dog-faced pony soldier

Posts: 29695 | Location: Highland, Ut. | Registered: May 07, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post