SIGforum.com    Main Page  Hop To Forum Categories  The Lounge    Brawl breaks out on cruise ship
Page 1 2 
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

Brawl breaks out on cruise ship Login/Join 
posted
Example #1 of why the cheapest option, usually isn't the best option. I've gone on a few cruises and the surest metric is the cheaper it is, the closer the experience will be to a booze cruise, with idiots aplenty. Looked like Jersey Shore Aussie style.

http://www.smh.com.au/national...20180215-p4z0jz.html

https://www.theguardian.com/au...to-dock-in-melbourne
quote:
A cruise ship that had to have 23 members of an unruly family booted off after a mass brawl has docked in Melbourne.

Sign up for Guardian Today Australian edition: the stories you need to read, in one handy email
Read more
Passengers described three days of mayhem during what was supposed to be an ideal holiday through the South Pacific.

The Carnival Legend arrived at its homeport in Melbourne on Saturday, following an unscheduled stop to offload the 23-member family at Eden on the the New South Wales south coast.

An NSW police investigation is now under way into the brawl that broke out in the early hours of Friday at the ship’s nightclub.

Lisa Bolitho, a passenger, said the “big Italian family” spent the past few days attacking “Aussies”. “Very violent, they were full-on attacks,” she told reporters on Saturday.

“The captain said ‘What do you want me to do about it - throw them overboard?’.

“We’ve all made several complains saying kids were scared. They saw people getting strangled and punched up.”

Posts: 14637 | Location: Wine Country | Registered: September 20, 2000Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Drill Here, Drill Now
Picture of tatortodd
posted Hide Post
Fox news had a story yesterday where the riff raff were threatening to stab people when they would say something about cussing in front of children.

Ego is the anesthesia that deadens the pain of stupidity

DISCLAIMER: These are the author's own personal views and do not represent the views of the author's employer.

Posts: 23221 | Location: Northern Suburbs of Houston | Registered: November 14, 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Who else?
Picture of Jager
posted Hide Post
I will NEVER go on a cruise ship.

There is no accountability at almost every level.

I'd rather hop a freighter and take the slow route than get on some diversity lottery floating barge where things can go south in a hurry.

I hope those put ashore got to pay a hefty tag for airfare home.

Posts: 2568 | Location: Phoenix, Arizona | Registered: October 30, 2000Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Jager:

Definitely not one that promotes itself as a floating island of drunken revelry and caters to the trailer park crowd.

Posts: 8954 | Location: The Red part of Minnesota | Registered: October 06, 2002Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Wait, what?
Picture of gearhounds
posted Hide Post
Food poisoning, close quarters viral vectors, and now brawls? Add it to the list of reasons to avoid cruise ships.

“Remember to get vaccinated or a vaccinated person might get sick from a virus they got vaccinated against because you’re not vaccinated.” - author unknown

Posts: 15561 | Location: Martinsburg WV | Registered: April 02, 2011Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Anyone that cruises knows you don’t go on Carnival...

Posts: 516 | Location: Michigan | Registered: May 18, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
It's not you,
it's me.
Picture of RAMIUS
posted Hide Post
Carnival is really a terrible cruise line. I've been on around 25 cruises since my parents got hooked a long time ago. Mostly with Royal Caribbean and Celebrity.

The Carnival ship would pull up and it was like a walmart in the ghetto opened its doors. Those people can hardly handle themselves in society let alone a cruise ship.

I feel bad for the foreign workers that work on that ship and have to deal with them.

Posts: 7016 | Location: Right outside Philly | Registered: September 08, 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Peace through
superior firepower
Picture of parabellum
posted Hide Post
Twenty-three members of one clan. They felt very powerful. Add alcohol and enjoy.

Posts: 107508 | Registered: January 20, 2000Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Tinker Sailor Soldier Pie
Picture of Balzé Halzé
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Jager:

You and me both.

~Alan

Acta Non Verba
NRA Life Member (Patron)
God, Family, Guns, Country

Men will fight and die to protect women... because women protect everything else. ~Andrew Klavan

"Once there was only dark. If you ask me, light is winning." ~Rust Cohle

Posts: 30401 | Location: Elv. 7,000 feet, Utah | Registered: October 29, 2012Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Waiting for Hachiko
Picture of Sunset_Va
posted Hide Post
Overboard I say.

美しい犬

Posts: 6673 | Location: Near the Metropolis of Tightsqueeze, Va | Registered: February 18, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by RAMIUS:
Carnival is really a terrible cruise line. I've been on around 25 cruises since my parents got hooked a long time ago. Mostly with Royal Caribbean and Celebrity.

The Carnival ship would pull up and it was like a walmart in the ghetto opened its doors. Those people can hardly handle themselves in society let alone a cruise ship.

I'd agree. I've been on 4 (Disney and Holland America) and never saw any bad behavior by passengers. Carnival attracts a different demographic.

Posts: 8954 | Location: The Red part of Minnesota | Registered: October 06, 2002Reply With QuoteReport This Post
No, not like
Bill Clinton
Picture of BigSwede
posted Hide Post
The wife and I take a couple of cheap 3-4 day Carnival cruises a year, always had a good time. Not as nice as our other cruises but no complaints.

Posts: 5317 | Location: GA | Registered: September 23, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
I have been on plenty. Royal Caribbean and Norwegian were great. Went on Carnival once. Never again. I never saw any fights or bad behavior just very poor service and bad food.

Carnival is a trailer park on water.

Posts: 7460 | Location: Florida | Registered: June 18, 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Ignored facts
still exist
posted Hide Post
Next up: The "clan" boards an international flight near you.

----------------------
Let's Go Brandon!

Posts: 10909 | Location: 45 miles from the Pacific Ocean | Registered: February 28, 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Something wild
is loose
Picture of Doc H.
posted Hide Post
Well, there's always the Cat and the Plank....

"And gentlemen in England now abed, shall think themselves accursed they were not here, and hold their manhoods cheap whiles any speaks that fought with us upon Saint Crispin's Day"

Posts: 2746 | Location: The Shire | Registered: October 22, 2011Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Muzzle flash
aficionado
Picture of flashguy
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by ridja75:
Anyone that cruises knows you don’t go on Carnival...
Yep. Did it once as part of a Veterans group and won't do another. Have done several Holland America and Celebrity cruises and enjoyed them.

flashguy

Texan by choice, not accident of birth

Posts: 27902 | Location: Dallas, TX | Registered: May 08, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Not really from Vienna
Picture of arfmel
posted Hide Post
They should have keelhauled two or three of the Italians immediately after the first incident.

Posts: 26895 | Location: Jerkwater, Texas | Registered: January 30, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of erj_pilot
posted Hide Post
Well I'll just add this to the list of why I have never and never will go on a cruise.

"If you’re a leader, you lead the way. Not just on the easy ones; you take the tough ones too…” – MAJ Richard D. Winters (1918-2011), E Company, 2nd Battalion, 506th Parachute Infantry Regiment, 101st Airborne

"Woe to those who call evil good, and good evil... Therefore, as tongues of fire lick up straw and as dry grass sinks down in the flames, so their roots will decay and their flowers blow away like dust; for they have rejected the law of the Lord Almighty and spurned the word of the Holy One of Israel." - Isaiah 5:20,24

Posts: 11066 | Location: NW Houston | Registered: April 04, 2012Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
I hear you guys but I have to say that cruising is easily one of the most relaxing and enjoyable vacations I have ever had. The shows are good, the food is great, drinks on demand, I love them. Yes, bad things can happen but whats new about that.

Posts: 7460 | Location: Florida | Registered: June 18, 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Tinker Sailor Soldier Pie
Picture of Balzé Halzé
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by pedropcola:
Yes, bad things can happen but whats new about that.

You have no idea just how bad things can happen on a ship when things do go wrong. Add in a foreign crew and thousands of completely ignorant and inexperienced passengers...yeah, no way. Not me, and most certainly not my wife and daughter.

~Alan

Acta Non Verba
NRA Life Member (Patron)
God, Family, Guns, Country

Men will fight and die to protect women... because women protect everything else. ~Andrew Klavan

"Once there was only dark. If you ask me, light is winning." ~Rust Cohle

Posts: 30401 | Location: Elv. 7,000 feet, Utah | Registered: October 29, 2012Reply With QuoteReport This Post