SIGforum.com    Main Page  Hop To Forum Categories  The Lounge    Attorney Referal Needed
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

Attorney Referal Needed Login/Join 
posted
I need an attorney with knowledge of California estate law, preferably in the San Francisco area. We're trying to sort out a trust with an uncooperative widow. (I assume she will be uncooperative, she has, shall we say, issues. 3rd wife.)

Any recommendations are welcome.

Thanks!

Posts: 17139 | Location: Lexington, KY | Registered: October 15, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Repressed
Picture of ShneaSIG
posted Hide Post
Perhaps reach out to Aeteocles - he probably knows someone for you to talk to.

-ShneaSIG

Oh, by the way, which one's "Pink?"

Posts: 11059 | Location: MO | Registered: November 19, 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post
No good deed
goes unpunished
Picture of cheesegrits
posted Hide Post
You need an attorney who does trusts as well as estates. Not all estate attorneys do trusts.

If no one has a referral, check for an ACTEC attorney in the area.

Posts: 2680 | Location: The Carolinas | Registered: June 08, 2010Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Thanks, Cheesegrits.

Posts: 17139 | Location: Lexington, KY | Registered: October 15, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Maybe ask David Truong? He's a California resident and business owner.

The butcher with the sharpest knife has the warmest heart.

Posts: 13397 | Location: Bottom of Lake Washington | Registered: March 06, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Little ray
of sunshine
Picture of jhe888
posted Hide Post
Calling Aetocles

The fish is mute, expressionless. The fish doesn't think because the fish knows everything.

Posts: 53121 | Location: Texas | Registered: February 10, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of spunk639
posted Hide Post
Try the SF Bay Area Bar Association they have a specialty list for referrals.

Posts: 2770 | Location: Boston, Mass | Registered: December 02, 2000Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Res ipsa loquitur
Picture of BB61
posted Hide Post
^^^^^
That doesn't mean you will get someone who really knows what they are doing. A referral from a bar member on this forum would be better.

Posts: 12459 | Registered: October 13, 2002Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Ammoholic
posted Hide Post
I’ve got the guy for you if the mountains above Santa Cruz are close enough for you. When I get home tomorrow I’ll see if I can get his name and contact info for you.

Posts: 6916 | Location: Lost, but making time. | Registered: February 23, 2011Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Not sure what part of the Bay Area you're located in. I'm using an attorney for a Trust and Estate disposition in Napa County. The attorney is based in the Napa area. I'm very happy with his work. If you're interested in his name and number you can contact me.

Posts: 1447 | Location: Western WA | Registered: September 11, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
We have a wealth management division at my SF based financial services company. We have a list of SF estate lawyers we give people when they ask for a referral let me know if interested.

Posts: 4757 | Location: Florida Panhandle  | Registered: November 23, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Ammoholic
posted Hide Post
Sorry, took a little longer than I thought to get a reply from my buddy with the name.

Robert E. Temmerman, Jr., partner at Temmerman, Cilley & Kohlmann, LLP.

https://www.tcklawfirm.com/att...bert-e-temmerman-jr/

Long story, but a friend put together a day with his broker, a fund manager firm (manager of managers), and Bob. The money guys weren't that interesting, but Bob clearly new his stuff. He had a room full of maybe 20 geeks who weren't dummies, but were not estate planning attorneys. He started off with, "This will be interesting. Usually when I give this talk it is to a room full of estate planning attorneys in a convention center somewhere." At the end, he said, "This was way more fun."

What was very impressive about him is that he knew his stuff well enough to explain it clearly to a layman. Very sharp guy!

Posts: 6916 | Location: Lost, but making time. | Registered: February 23, 2011Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
I'll speak with two of the ones you all recommended and come back if I'm not happy. I checked with my old friends in Pleasanton, the one ZSMicheal recommended has a great reputation. I'm actually in Kentucky, but the estate (and real estate) is in the St John's Wood area of San Francisco. Looks like my wife's SIL, also listed in the trust, is going to be helpful. The widow is, I believe, drug and alcohol dependent, and, well, it's a big ugly mess. The main goal is keeping the greedy, corrupt government of CA from ripping off the estate, like happened with my friend in Fremont.