SIGforum.com    Main Page  Hop To Forum Categories  The Lounge    F-35 had first ever combat action
Page 1 2 
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

F-35 had first ever combat action Login/Join 
fugitive from reality
Picture of SgtGold
posted Hide Post
Israeli air combat experience is closely monitored by the US military. Our success in Gulf War I was due in no small part to the copious amounts of data that the IDF generated during the preceding 15 years of their air war against Russian built air defence systems over Lebanon and Syria. The IDF's success against these systems was due in part to the data we provided them from our experience in Viet Nam.

Posts: 7073 | Location: Newyorkistan | Registered: March 28, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
goodheart
Picture of sjtill
posted Hide Post
The IDF may be the best salesman for US aircraft and arms producers. Time and again they have achieved air supremacy, hit their designated targets with only a rare loss from Russian-made SAM's. Do they have air-to-air refueling capacity for any future action against Iran?

Posts: 18068 | Location: One hop from Paradise | Registered: July 27, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Jack of All Trades,
Master of Nothing
Picture of 2000Z-71
posted Hide Post
The IDF operates 707's which have been converted to aerial refueling aircraft. While the Israelis haven't been openly supported by the US in selling them refueling aircraft, their crews have trained with the US.

My daughter can deflate your daughter's soccer ball.

Posts: 11765 | Location: Eagle River, AK | Registered: September 12, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
In 2016 Pres Obama signed legislation providing Israel with $38 billion over 10 years in military aid . Frankly I could not care less what happens over Lebanon, I just wish we were not paying for it. The USA is kinda strapped for cash right now, if they want to defend their country they should pay for it.

Posts: 206 | Registered: January 11, 2018Reply With QuoteReport This Post