SIGforum.com    Main Page  Hop To Forum Categories  The Lounge    F-35 had first ever combat action
Page 1 2 
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

F-35 had first ever combat action Login/Join 
Baroque Bloke
Picture of Pipe Smoker
posted
“The US-made F-35 stealth fighter has seen its first ever combat action, flying in an operation for the Israeli air force.

The air force chief showed an image of jets over Beirut, Lebanon, and said the planes had "already attacked twice on two different fronts"…

https://www.google.com/amp/s/w...middle-east-44210403

Serious about crackers

Posts: 8945 | Location: San Diego | Registered: July 26, 2014Reply With QuoteReport This Post
His Royal Hiney
Picture of Rey HRH
posted Hide Post
I'm surprised to see it has only two air-to-air missiles.

"It did not really matter what we expected from life, but rather what life expected from us. We needed to stop asking about the meaning of life, and instead to think of ourselves as those who were being questioned by life – daily and hourly. Our answer must consist not in talk and meditation, but in right action and in right conduct. Life ultimately means taking the responsibility to find the right answer to its problems and to fulfill the tasks which it constantly sets for each individual." Viktor Frankl, Man's Search for Meaning, 1946.

Posts: 19659 | Location: The Free State of Arizona - Ditat Deus | Registered: March 24, 2011Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Live Slow,
Die Whenever
Picture of medic451
posted Hide Post
It carries up to 4 in its internal bays for stealth required missions, it can carry alot more externally.

https://sofrep.com/97032/lockh...e-loadout-f-35-work/

"I won't be wronged, I won't be insulted, and I won't be laid a hand on. I don't do these things to other people and I require the same from them."
- John Wayne in "The Shootist"

Posts: 3446 | Location: California | Registered: May 31, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Is Lebanon allowing them in their air space or Israel not asking?

Posts: 1178 | Location: Upstate  | Registered: January 11, 2013Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by scsigs:
Is Lebanon allowing them in their air space

That's funny.

The butcher with the sharpest knife has the warmest heart.

Posts: 13399 | Location: Bottom of Lake Washington | Registered: March 06, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Something tells me Lebanon did not know Israel was in their airspace until this story broke.

Posts: 4979 | Registered: April 20, 2010Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Troll
posted Hide Post
braillediver,

Why?

Not trying to be antagonistic.

The Lebanese (I think) are good guys. Some of the few in the M.E. that doesn't want to annihilate Israel or us.

Posts: 261 | Registered: May 02, 2018Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Big Stack
posted Hide Post
This is actually very interesting, because Israel is going up against Syria and the Iranians operating in Syria, under the protection of Russian S-400 AA systems. This is a very good test of the F-35.

Posts: 21240 | Registered: November 05, 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post
A Grateful American
Picture of sigmonkey
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Birdvol:
braillediver,

Why?

The Lebanese (I think) are good guys. Some of the few in the M.E. that doesn't want to annihilate Israel or us.

Israel considers Lebanon "an enemy state", and Hezbollah has a very heavy influence there, and has launched attacks into Israel from Lebanon.

FWIW, the IAF has operated the F-35 in the airspace of Lebanon, Syria, Jordan, Iraq and Iran, and has now formally admitted it.

They did not ask anyone in that part of the world for permission.

"the meaning of life, is to give life meaning" Ani Yehudi אני יהודי Le'olam lo shuv לעולם לא שוב!

Posts: 43876 | Location: ...... I am thrice divorced, and I live in a van DOWN BY THE RIVER!!! (in Arkansas) | Registered: December 20, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Go ahead punk, make my day
posted Hide Post
Funny that a plane designed to be in the US inventory for years now sees first combat action with an ally instead of the US.

Posts: 45798 | Registered: July 12, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Big Stack
posted Hide Post
This has not been uncommon. The Israelis see combat a lot more often than we do.

quote:
Originally posted by RHINOWSO:
Funny that a plane designed to be in the US inventory for years now sees first combat action with an ally instead of the US.

Move Up or
Move Over
posted Hide Post
So is the Israeli AF having oxygen problems too or just us?

Posts: 4954 | Location: middle Tennessee | Registered: October 28, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
A Grateful American
Picture of sigmonkey
posted Hide Post
Sorties don't run very long. Quick out and back, so they just hold their breath.

"the meaning of life, is to give life meaning" Ani Yehudi אני יהודי Le'olam lo shuv לעולם לא שוב!

Posts: 43876 | Location: ...... I am thrice divorced, and I live in a van DOWN BY THE RIVER!!! (in Arkansas) | Registered: December 20, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Hezbollah owns Lebanon. They'd shoot at the Israelis if they could.

The butcher with the sharpest knife has the warmest heart.

Posts: 13399 | Location: Bottom of Lake Washington | Registered: March 06, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of arabiancowboy
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by BBMW:
The Israelis see combat a lot more often than we do.

What do you mean exactly? We have seen combat every day multiple times a day since October 2001.

I’m glad fat Amy finally got some action.

Posts: 2399 | Registered: May 17, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
quote:
braillediver,

Why?

I think you are thinking of Jordan.

Posts: 3468 | Registered: January 27, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
quote:
braillediver,

Why?

I am not sure there is any one on our side in Middle East.

Posts: 1178 | Location: Upstate  | Registered: January 11, 2013Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Big Stack
posted Hide Post
Israel has largely been in a state of war with some of its neighbors since 1948.
quote:
Originally posted by arabiancowboy:
quote:
The Israelis see combat a lot more often than we do.

What do you mean exactly? We have seen combat every day multiple times a day since October 2001.

I’m glad fat Amy finally got some action.

posted Hide Post
quote:
Israel has largely been in a state of war with some of its neighbors since 1948.

And they are not afraid to act with ferocity, without groveling for permission from grand-standing members of Congress or hand-wringing over the consequences of their actions.

Posts: 2485 | Location: WI | Registered: December 29, 2012Reply With QuoteReport This Post
His Royal Hiney
Picture of Rey HRH
posted Hide Post
quote:
braillediver,

Why?

Lebanon used to be friendly towards Israel and the US given it’s significant Christian population. But that’s history. Muslim turmoil has taken it over.

"It did not really matter what we expected from life, but rather what life expected from us. We needed to stop asking about the meaning of life, and instead to think of ourselves as those who were being questioned by life – daily and hourly. Our answer must consist not in talk and meditation, but in right action and in right conduct. Life ultimately means taking the responsibility to find the right answer to its problems and to fulfill the tasks which it constantly sets for each individual." Viktor Frankl, Man's Search for Meaning, 1946.

Posts: 19659 | Location: The Free State of Arizona - Ditat Deus | Registered: March 24, 2011Reply With QuoteReport This Post