SIGforum.com    Main Page  Hop To Forum Categories  The Lounge    Woman breaks into Sumner couple's apartment, locks herself in bathroom
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

Woman breaks into Sumner couple's apartment, locks herself in bathroom Login/Join 
Corgis Rock
Picture of Icabod
posted
I ran across this last night on a social media group. The homeowner was very angry. He said he was contacting the news and was making a formal complaint to the police. Looks as he followed through.

“A couple in Pierce County said they received a startling wake up Aug. 12 when a woman entered their home and didn’t leave when they asked.

Andrew Riggs lives in the 15000 block of Elm Street East and said the woman "came in through our window” at about 1 a.m. Sunday. He said the woman was standing a few feet from the children’s room.

Riggs' spouse, Victoria Petrenchak, said she told the woman, “Get the &@#$ out of my house.”
The couple said the confrontation could only be described as bizarre.

The couple said the suspect entered through a window in their ground floor unit. Police said she believed she was coming to a place where she’d lived before.

Petrenchak said she was rattled when she saw her husband confront the woman. “I woke up to him yelling at her and saw her standing there when she rushed into our restroom,” Petrenchak said.

Riggs told her to leave. “I was, like, 'what are you doing in my house.?'”

The woman locked herself in a bathroom Riggs said. "She just said 'I used to live here' and I said 'you don't anymore. You need to get the &@#$ out.'”

Petrenchak said she clutched her children while it all played out. “I had my daughter in my arms at the time or else I probably would not have been so kind,” she said.

The couple called Sumner police, who said the woman appeared intoxicated and thought she was entering her own home. She was not arrested or issued a citation, but police are still gathering information.

Riggs said the woman "told me 'Oh, my mom used to live here.' So that means she knew at that point she wasn't supposed to be here.”

Petrenchak suspects the woman had been drinking. “If you're so drunk as to think you actually live here, which you didn't once you saw another man confronting you.”

Petrenchak posted on Facebook that the woman violated their sense of security and needs to be held accountable by authorities. Riggs was angered that she is not facing any penalty from police. “Basically, they're her Uber for the night -- give her a ride home.” Petrenchak also believes punishment is needed. “Something needs to go on her record,” she said.

The couple and the Sumner police say the woman left the apartment before police arrived. Sumner's assistant police chief said officers caught up with her after she left.”

He said he wants to speak with the residents before police decide what to do next
https://www.kiro7.com/news/sou...n-bathroom/812598801

“ The work of destruction is quick, easy and exhilarating; the work of creation is slow, laborious and dull.

Posts: 6060 | Location: Outside Seattle | Registered: November 29, 2010Reply With QuoteReport This Post
The Unmanned Writer
Picture of LS1 GTO
posted Hide Post
To the homeowner all I can say is, "welcome to the utopia you created."

Life moves pretty fast. If you don't stop and look around once in a while, you could miss it.

"If dogs don't go to Heaven, I want to go where they go" Will Rogers

Posts: 14036 | Location: It was Lat: 33.xxxx Lon: 44.xxxx now it's CA :( | Registered: March 22, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Certified Plane Pusher
Picture of Phantom229
posted Hide Post
A little too close to home for me (literally). I don't care if I have to break down my own door. Shotgun is getting pointed and either she leaves or she's done. Plain and simple.

Situation awareness is defined as a continuous extraction of environmental information, integration of this information with previous knowledge to form a coherent mental picture in directing further perception and anticipating future events. Simply put, situational awareness mean knowing what is going on around you.

Posts: 7895 | Location: Around Lake Tapps, Wa | Registered: September 29, 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Drill Here, Drill Now
Picture of tatortodd
posted Hide Post
Things would go differently at my house. It’d start with every window and door being locked, and the alarm would be blaring if someone came through a window.

If there was a confrontation, my gun with a light and a laser is more intimidating than the couple’s profanity. Also, my directions won’t be to get out, but instead will clearly give them the steps necessary to avoid gunshot wounds.

Ego is the anesthesia that deadens the pain of stupidity

DISCLAIMER: These are the author's own personal views and do not represent the views of the author's employer.

Posts: 23221 | Location: Northern Suburbs of Houston | Registered: November 14, 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Mensch
Picture of kz1000
posted Hide Post
I was in fear for my life...

------------------------------------------------------------------------
"Yidn, shreibt un fershreibt"

"The Nazis entered this war under the rather childish delusion that they were going to bomb everyone else, and nobody was going to bomb them. At Rotterdam, London, Warsaw and half a hundred other places, they put their rather naive theory into operation. They sowed the wind, and now they are going to reap the whirlwind."
-Bomber Harris

Posts: 16120 | Location: Ivorydale | Registered: January 21, 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of TigerDore
posted Hide Post
When you gotta go, you gotta go...

Posts: 8615 | Registered: September 26, 2013Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Wait, what?
Picture of gearhounds
posted Hide Post
When seconds count, the police are only minutes away.

Handle it yourself. In my house, I can assure you that the person in question would be all too happy to leave. Of course, locked doors and windows would have precluded her gaining access in the first place.

“Remember to get vaccinated or a vaccinated person might get sick from a virus they got vaccinated against because you’re not vaccinated.” - author unknown

Posts: 15561 | Location: Martinsburg WV | Registered: April 02, 2011Reply With QuoteReport This Post