SIGforum.com    Main Page  Hop To Forum Categories  The Lounge    What Weather App are you Using?
Page 1 2 
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

What Weather App are you Using? Login/Join 
Eschew Obfuscation
posted Hide Post
I alternate between Dark Sky and Wunderground.

“Civilization is not inherited; it has to be learned and earned by each generation anew; if the transmission should be interrupted for one century, civilization would die, and we should be savages again." - Will Durant

Posts: 6401 | Location: Chicago, IL | Registered: December 17, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of just1tym
posted Hide Post
Thanks all, I decided try a few, 1 Weather, My Radar Pro, and Yahoo Weather. In addition to the default iPhone weather app which only has just a few features and no radar. It will take a little time to check all the features of theses apps, I like them so far and may keep all of them. I've also bookmarked Dark Sky also to check into it when I have time. Thanks again for all the replies Smile

Regards, Will G.

Posts: 9660 | Location: 140 mi to Margaritaville, FL | Registered: January 02, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of SSgt USMC/Vet
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Jimbo54:
I use AccuWeather and it is very accurate and the radar is very good.

Jim

I second this and also www.wunderground.com is good as already stated.

Posts: 1954 | Location: Northern Virginia/Buggs Island, Boydton Va. | Registered: July 13, 2011Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Take the risk or
lose the chance
posted Hide Post
RadarScope & Storm.

----------------------------------------
“The further a society drifts from truth, the more it will hate those who speak it.”

Posts: 1475 | Location: RR12 | Registered: February 17, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Joie de vivre
Picture of sig229-SAS
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by HRK:
+1 for My Radar

Plus 2, forecasts can suck, radar is real, ( at least for now ) I really like My Radar. I also compare TWC & Weather Bug, sometimes the forecasts are widely different.

Posts: 3851 | Location: 1,960' up in Murphy, NC | Registered: January 29, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Savor the limelight
posted Hide Post
MkI iBall. Works great and 99% accurate in SW Florida. Long term forecast for SE Florida - warm and sunny with a chance of rain. Other than the occasional hurricane, the weather doesn't change much here. Even for a hurricane, no app is needed as everyone and his brother will tell you about it.

Posts: 10932 | Location: SWFL | Registered: October 10, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
quarter MOA visionary
Picture of smschulz
posted Hide Post
My favorites or the "open-door" or "lookout-window" apps.

Posts: 22902 | Location: Houston, TX | Registered: June 11, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of PeterGV
posted Hide Post
+1 for Storm. I liked it better when it was ad free, but it’s still the perfect app for me. Hyper-local, accurate, fearure-packed, easy to use.

Posts: 1318 | Location: New Hampshire | Registered: April 24, 2012Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
WU, My Radar, Dark Sky (~$3) and TWC.

Posts: 3475 | Location: Lehigh Valley, PA | Registered: March 27, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of just1tym
posted Hide Post
Now you got me looking at Storm also Big Grin

Regards, Will G.

Posts: 9660 | Location: 140 mi to Margaritaville, FL | Registered: January 02, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Weatherbug.

Bill Gullette

Posts: 1527 | Location: Behind the Pine Curtain  | Registered: March 06, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Triggers don't
pull themselves
Picture of mdblanton
posted Hide Post
RadarNow! for radar loops. Dark Sky and TWC for forecasts.

Lots to choose from.

Michael

Posts: 1102 | Location: Petal, MS | Registered: January 21, 2012Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of Jimbo Jones
posted Hide Post
I use the paid version of weather bug...more accurate than the Apple app.

Good radar views as well.

quote:
Originally posted by sreding:
Weatherbug for weather - WTForecast for laughs.

---------------------------------------
It's like my brain's a tree and you're those little cookie elves.

Posts: 3625 | Location: Cary, NC | Registered: February 26, 2013Reply With QuoteReport This Post