SIGforum.com    Main Page  Hop To Forum Categories  The Lounge    What Weather App are you Using?
Page 1 2 
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

What Weather App are you Using? Login/Join 
Picture of just1tym
posted
I'm looking for a good iPhone weather app with clear animated radar. I live on the SE Florida coast so good radar is welcome. I don't mind paying for a good app to get away from ads or pop-ups. The default weather app with the iPhone isn't all too detailed, any good suggestions I can look into? Thanks

Regards, Will G.

Posts: 9660 | Location: 140 mi to Margaritaville, FL | Registered: January 02, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
I just use the weather channel, weather bug. And I also use lightningmaps.org to locate local storms.

Posts: 1913 | Location: U.P. of michigan | Registered: March 02, 2010Reply With QuoteReport This Post
A day late, and
a dollar short
Picture of Warhorse
posted Hide Post
Just the one that came on my IPhone7+, weather channel. If I want more detail I go to National Weather Service, (NOAA).

http://forecast.weather.gov/Ma...&smap=1#.WkPrH0xFyUl

Posts: 13680 | Location: Michigan | Registered: July 10, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
thin skin can't win
Picture of Georgeair
posted Hide Post
I too use TWC app, it seems to stay pretty well updated and I like the ease of access to 10-day and hourly forecasts.

I use MyRadar for a radar app. It seems very detailed, loads fast and you can zoom in and add layers easily.

You only have integrity once. - imprezaguy02

Posts: 12411 | Location: Madison, MS | Registered: December 10, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Thank you
Very little
Picture of HRK
posted Hide Post
+1 for My Radar

Posts: 23414 | Location: Florida | Registered: November 07, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
I use a variety

my radar pro
underground linked into my station
apples or yahoo's weather apps for a quick look

boating stuff..

NWS
National Bouy Center
Windfinder

-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Live today as if it may be your last and learn today as if you will live forever

Posts: 6226 | Location: New Orleans...outside the levees, fishing in the Rigolets | Registered: October 11, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
I believe in the
principle of
Due Process
Picture of JALLEN
posted Hide Post
Storm

Luckily, I have enough willpower to control the driving ambition that rages within me.

When you had the votes, we did things your way. Now, we have the votes and you will be doing things our way. This lesson in political reality from Lyndon B. Johnson

"Some things are apparent. Where government moves in, community retreats, civil society disintegrates and our ability to control our own destiny atrophies. The result is: families under siege; war in the streets; unapologetic expropriation of property; the precipitous decline of the rule of law; the rapid rise of corruption; the loss of civility and the triumph of deceit. The result is a debased, debauched culture which finds moral depravity entertaining and virtue contemptible." - Justice Janice Rogers Brown

Posts: 48369 | Location: Texas hill country | Registered: July 04, 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of erj_pilot
posted Hide Post
My Radar, though it suuuuuuuux on my iPad, and Storm, the replacement for Intellicast. If you want current weather and Terminal Area Forecasts (5 sm radius around a specific airport) then use AeroWeather...you can select "decoded" to translate from the aviation-speak jargon.

"If you’re a leader, you lead the way. Not just on the easy ones; you take the tough ones too…” – MAJ Richard D. Winters (1918-2011), E Company, 2nd Battalion, 506th Parachute Infantry Regiment, 101st Airborne

"Woe to those who call evil good, and good evil... Therefore, as tongues of fire lick up straw and as dry grass sinks down in the flames, so their roots will decay and their flowers blow away like dust; for they have rejected the law of the Lord Almighty and spurned the word of the Holy One of Israel." - Isaiah 5:20,24

Posts: 11066 | Location: NW Houston | Registered: April 04, 2012Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Info Guru
Picture of BamaJeepster
posted Hide Post
I use Storm, Hi-Def Radar, NOAA Radar and Windy.

“Facts are stubborn things; and whatever may be our wishes, our inclinations, or the dictates of our passions, they cannot alter the state of facts and evidence.”
- John Adams

Posts: 29408 | Location: In the red hinterlands of Deep Blue VA | Registered: June 29, 2001Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Nullus Anxietas
Picture of ensigmatic
posted Hide Post
WeatherBug, the paid version.

It was great on Android, just "ok" on iOS, IMO.

"America is at that awkward stage. It's too late to work within the system,,,, but too early to shoot the bastards." -- Claire Wolfe
"If we let things terrify us, life will not be worth living." -- Seneca the Younger, Roman Stoic philosopher

Posts: 26009 | Location: S.E. Michigan | Registered: January 06, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Oh stewardess,
I speak jive.
Picture of 46and2
posted Hide Post
No apps, I just use the browser to look at different stations on www.wunderground.com

The options include a bunch of personally owned and very local "weather stations", which I compare to the normal one for the given zip code. There are two such stations in my mountain "neighborhood", which is as good as it gets just short of owning my own gear.

Posts: 25613 | Registered: March 12, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of maladat
posted Hide Post
I've used Weather Underground for a long time on Android. It's worked well and I really like the widgets.

I've been using "Dark Sky" for a few days now, too. It's interesting. It claims to make super-accurate super-local rain predictions (as in, where you are it will start drizzling in 18 minutes and continue for 37 minutes before stopping). So far it seems pretty accurate.

Posts: 6319 | Location: CA | Registered: January 24, 2011Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Normality Contraindicated
Picture of italia
posted Hide Post
Dark Sky. It has hyper-local forecasts, thus it can tell you based on your GPS coordinates when, for example, to the minute, rain will start at your location. It also has daily and weekly forecasts, custom notification settings, radar, etc. There is a free version without the notifications if you just want to look at the app.

I've seen it pop up a notification "Rain starting at your location in 13 minutes", and be correct within a minute.

------------------------------------------------------
Though we choose between reality and madness
It's either sadness or euphoria

Posts: 2988 | Location: Tennessee | Registered: January 26, 2010Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of FlyingScot
posted Hide Post
MyRadar Pro, RadarScope, and Wunderground. All do it a bit differently but I use all 3. RadarScope is my favorite for radar detail, storm speed, etc. radar pro gives a good overall view, and Wunderground a good forecast.

“Forigive your enemy, but remember the bastard’s name.”

-Scottish proverb

Posts: 1999 | Location: South Florida | Registered: December 24, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Baroque Bloke
Picture of Pipe Smoker
posted Hide Post
Hi-Def Radar for real time radar.
WeatherUnderground for current conditions and forecasts.

Serious about crackers

Posts: 8941 | Location: San Diego | Registered: July 26, 2014Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of JJexp
posted Hide Post
My radar is usually the closest to accurate, though their wind readout animation is often a mixture of high and low altitude winds, and often confusing or just plain wrong.

Posts: 451 | Location: Hatboro, PA | Registered: May 25, 2016Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Crusty old
curmudgeon
Picture of Jimbo54
posted Hide Post
I use AccuWeather and it is very accurate and the radar is very good.

Jim

"If you can't be a good example, then you'll have to be a horrible warning" -Catherine Aird

Posts: 9791 | Location: The right side of Washington State | Registered: September 14, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of just1tym
posted Hide Post
Excellent replies, thanks, I've got a lot of checking from the suggestions!

Regards, Will G.

Posts: 9660 | Location: 140 mi to Margaritaville, FL | Registered: January 02, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
If you like lots of info and to customize try eWeather HD . https://tinyurl.com/y83vxbqo .It costs but is worth it in my opinion.

I'm alright it's the rest of the world that's all screwed up!

Posts: 1365 | Location: Southern Michigan | Registered: May 30, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Weatherbug for weather - WTForecast for laughs.

I reject your reality and substitute my own.
--Adam Savage, MythBusters

Posts: 1748 | Location: Red Wing, MN | Registered: January 04, 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post