SIGforum.com    Main Page  Hop To Forum Categories  The Lounge    Looking at a 2006 Toyota Sequoia Limited (pic heavy)
Page 1 2 3 4 
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

Looking at a 2006 Toyota Sequoia Limited (pic heavy) Login/Join 
I Am The Walrus
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by doublesharp:
Who took the pictures? They are crisp and show detail. Door jambs bright and clean. Engine clean and look at the room. hitch appears unused, interior is extra bright - usually means garage kept non smoker. Looks like some service receipts are there, tires will be reasonable probably 18"s but maybe 17".

That is a nice truck. If you don't really need it then be nonchalant but if you are in need I'd suggest a sense of urgency because that truck has a lot going for it. A serious buyer will snag it.

A little tidbit that always influences my decision is if seller has both remotes. I take yes as meaning an extra level of care, provided everything else agrees. just a little checkmark on the plus side. In my eyes that Seq has the look of one that has been babied and the pictures are clear enough that it's hard to be tricky.

Is it AWD or RWD? Mine was rwd and I put a set of Michelin LTXs. Rode/drove great.

I took the pictures.

Looking at how clean the car is has kept my interest despite the age/miles because it gives me the impression he took care of it.

Yes he has 2 remotes and they're both factory. None of the aftermarket stuff. My aunt did that with her Honda that she ended up giving my dad who gave it to me. Instead of getting a factory key cut, she choose the aftermarket route. It works but getting a duplicate remote has proven futile so far for me.

Back to this car, I'm not sure if it's AWD or RWD. It's probably something I should ask.

Posts: 13097 | Registered: March 12, 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
I kneel for my God,
and I stand for my flag
posted Hide Post
RWD, otherwise it would say 4WD on the lower right corner of the rear hatch.

Posts: 1811 | Location: Oregon | Registered: September 25, 2001Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of konata88
posted Hide Post
But it's a Limited model -- isn't that usually AWD?

"Wrong does not cease to be wrong because the majority share in it." L.Tolstoy
"A government is just a body of people, usually, notably, ungoverned." Shepherd Book

Posts: 12713 | Location: In the gilded cage | Registered: December 09, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Green grass and
high tides
Picture of old rugged cross
posted Hide Post
In that vehicle I would want 4wd. But not everyone does.

"Practice like you want to play in the game"

Posts: 19160 | Registered: September 21, 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Raised Hands Surround Us
Three Nails To Protect Us
Picture of Black92LX
posted Hide Post
I don’t see the 4wd button on the dash so I would say it is RWD.

————————————————
The world's not perfect, but it's not that bad.
If we got each other, and that's all we have.
I will be your brother, and I'll hold your hand.
You should know I'll be there for you!

Posts: 25410 | Registered: September 06, 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Victim of Life's
Circumstances
Picture of doublesharp
posted Hide Post
RWD is preferred by most in Fl. one less maintenance item and softer ride/couple mpg better mileage. Do the old gunshow trick and flash the cash. I'd stack up $7500 in benjamins and show it when I made the offer. Have 500 more just in case. With those detailed pictures I could sell that vehicle on Craigslist here in Kentucky in a matter of a few days.

Posts: 4695 | Location: Sunnyside of Louisville | Registered: July 04, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
I kneel for my God,
and I stand for my flag
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by konata88:
But it's a Limited model -- isn't that usually AWD?

No, limited is different trim (wood grain), leather seats, better sound system, power everything.

Posts: 1811 | Location: Oregon | Registered: September 25, 2001Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of muddle_mann
posted Hide Post
quote:
The car looks very clean but from a financial point of view, I don't think buying a 10 year old car makes economic sense.

I disagree with this; especially when we are talking Toyotas (or Honda) even better with a Toyota with a VIN that starts with J.

My wife is driving my 2006 Avalon. 215k miles on it. I drove it for 7 1/2 years. Purring like a kitten. I bought a 2008 Yaris as a daily runner. Gets 38 MPG and has 178k on it (started with 170k). I even use it for Uber. So, buying a 10 year old car is not a bad idea if you get the right one...

Pissed off beats scared every time…

- Frank Castle

Posts: 3811 | Registered: March 03, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
I Am The Walrus
posted Hide Post
Just wanted to follow up. Our mechanic took a look and said the vehicle looks good. Hasn’t been in an accident, no body damage or repainting done.

However, he recommended the timing belt/water pump be changed along with a new set of tires. Timing belt/water pump is $1,300 and tires would probably run &800-900. He also said the headlights have taken in some water and rear defrost doesn’t work. Rear defrost isn’t an issue here in central Florida.

I told him we are going to pass via text and he called me. He said he can find the paperwork or call the dealership for it. He said he can also get tires at cost.

I think he’s desperate to sell. He said he refinanced his house and he’s still paying insurance on the vehicle that he’s not driving. Maybe he needs cash. He asked me what I was thinking in terms of an offer and I told him I wasn’t even going to insult him. I was thinking $5,000.

If anyone wants his contact information, my email is in my profile.

Raised Hands Surround Us
Picture of Black92LX
posted Hide Post
If you actually want it. I would offer the 5k. It is business not friendship.
You’re right he sounds desperate if he refinanced a house over a $9,000 vehicle. And he can always cancel insurance and not drive it.

————————————————

I Am The Walrus
posted Hide Post
Black,

If you are interested, I can pass his information to you.

I kneel for my God,
and I stand for my flag
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by doublesharp:
RWD is preferred by most in Fl. one less maintenance item and softer ride/couple mpg better mileage. Do the old gunshow trick and flash the cash. I'd stack up $7500 in benjamins and show it when I made the offer. Have 500 more just in case. With those detailed pictures I could sell that vehicle on Craigslist here in Kentucky in a matter of a few days.

4wd is worth every penny the one time you need it.

Raised Hands Surround Us
Picture of Black92LX
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Edmond:
Black,

If you are interested, I can pass his information to you.

Appreciate it but No RWD trucks or SUVs for this guy up here.

————————————————