SIGforum.com    Main Page  Hop To Forum Categories  The Lounge    Road trip to OKC forthcoming next week
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

Road trip to OKC forthcoming next week Login/Join 
Man of few words

Picture of remsig
posted
My best friend lives in Moore, OK, just outside of OKC and for the 2nd time since 2018 I'm driving out to see him with my boys.

If any folks in the OKC area would like to meet up my boys and I will be arriving on July 2nd and tentatively staying until July 10th or so.

We have some fun things planned, most of which my boys don't know about yet Big Grin but I thought I would throw it out there because I know there are quite a few Sig Forum folks who live in the OKC area and thought there may be a chance we could meet up sometime and at the very least have a cold beverage together or possibly even hit the range.

If anyone is interested you can post here and/or email me and we can talk offline.

Posts: 7859 | Location: NE Ohio | Registered: July 03, 2001Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Dances With
Tornados
posted Hide Post
Sounds great!

I may be making a fast trip to California and back, the date is not yet set, so I'll just have to see how that plays out.

Posts: 11806 | Registered: October 26, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of sourdough44
posted Hide Post
Age of boys? Line up some sights along the way.

Posts: 6114 | Location: WI | Registered: February 29, 2012Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Man of few words

Picture of remsig
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by sourdough44:
Age of boys? Line up some sights along the way.

14 and 15. 2 years ago we drove to S. Dakota and checked out Mt. Rushmore, both from the ground and from a helicopter. Afterwards we drove south to OKC to my friend's house.

On the way home we stopped in STL and checked out the Arch.

This year my big plan for the boys is a hot air baloon ride (they have no clue and I'm sure will be excited once they find out (hopefully Big Grin .))

Posts: 7859 | Location: NE Ohio | Registered: July 03, 2001Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Man of few words

Picture of remsig
posted Hide Post
We made it down here unscathed last night but my Pilot has a battle scar. Somewhere in Indiana we caught a rock just right and it's taken on a life of it's own. The closet vehicle was about 50' away so I have no idea where the rock even came from.

The crack was initially about 6" long but is now about 18". I was thinking of getting a new windshield while down here but am now thinking I will wait until we're back home so it doesn't happen again on the way back.

posted Hide Post
^^^^^argh!!

<><
America, Land of the Free - because of the Brave

Posts: 1924 | Location: Goodbye, so. Fla. | Registered: January 26, 2001Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Man of few words

Picture of remsig
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by soflaac:
^^^^^argh!!

Yeah no beuno.