SIGforum.com    Main Page  Hop To Forum Categories  The Lounge    I would like to offer my Sigforum friends another alternative for your final resting place.
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

I would like to offer my Sigforum friends another alternative for your final resting place. Login/Join 
Picture of Tuckerrnr1
posted
I have come up with yet another alternative to place my final remains other than internment into the ground or vault, cremation or communal consumption (While most cultures frown apon cannibalism, I would rather rest in the warm belly of a friend than the cold hard ground ). Much to my wife's horror, I have decided to start the Mason Jar Memorial Home and garden. With all the money being spent on body modification and tattoos, why would you want all that work covered up for the last party you will ever attend? With my unique 100 to 200 gallon mason jars, you loved ones will be able to appreciate the lifetime of artwork you have accumulated. Just because that tattoo of a Disney butterfly now looks like a dragon from Game of Thrones aside, granny deserves the respect for all those hours under the electric tattoo needle. If your loved one was overly fond of body piercing then you can opt for the vibration option which transforms them into a post mortem castinette. Those with extensive artwork might want to choose the rotating base to display all of the poor choices in tattoos that look like Jackson Polack had a threesome with Salvador Dali and Pablo Picasso. With the advances in LED lighting the choices are endless. We will of course offer options of preservation liquid (Whiskey, rum, vodka, formaldehyde, pickle juice (eggs or pigs feet, your choice). To make sure your loved one is in optimal condition, all you have to do is tap the lid to see if it is popped. With Pars's permission, I would like to offer forum members first opportunity at this nonground round breaking (pun intended) offer, (you might end up looking like a specimen from area 51 because all I have at the moment is elythlyne glycol antifreeze, hey might make you a collectors item).

Posts: 5737 | Location: Florida | Registered: March 03, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
No Compromise
posted Hide Post
OK, that's kinda creepy, man.

But, then again,

Ferengi death ritual:

A disk of vacuum desiccated remains.

The Ferengi death ritual consisted primarily of preserving a Ferengi body after death by means of vacuum desiccation. The process resulted in the Ferengi's body being reduced to a near powder, which was often stored in a set of 52 disks, marked with the Ferengi Seal of Dismemberment, and sold as a collectible on the Ferengi Futures Exchange.

H&K-Guy

Posts: 3720 | Registered: April 08, 2002Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of cparktd
posted Hide Post
Is there a go fund me page yet?

If it ain't woke... don't fix it.

Posts: 4128 | Location: Middle Tennessee | Registered: February 07, 2013Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of Tuckerrnr1
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by cparktd:
Is there a go fund me page yet?

No, I sold all my aluminum beer cans, car radiators and lead core batteries to start this.

Posts: 5737 | Location: Florida | Registered: March 03, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Conveniently located directly
above the center of the Earth
Picture of signewt
posted Hide Post
there's an outfit down south that loads shotgun shells with the mortal remains....

although mason jars may catch on, what with the preppers & all....

**************~~~~~~~~~~
"I've been on this rock too long to bother with these liars any more."
~SIGforum advisor~
"When the pain of staying the same outweighs the pain of change, then change will come."~~sigmonkey

Posts: 9854 | Location: sunny Orygun | Registered: September 27, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
I see you real point here, and I'm on board. No money for X,Y, or Z, but thousands of $$$ worth of trashy tattoo's all over. I see it all the time.

Posts: 1092 | Location: Michigan | Registered: June 11, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Didn't Roald Dahl write a short atory about this idea? Varnishing tattoos and displaying them as art?

Roald Dahl, Skin

Posts: 796 | Location: NH | Registered: July 11, 2010Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Go Vols!
Picture of Oz_Shadow
posted Hide Post
Someone already took your idea to the next level. It's called (some variation of) the Human Body Exhibit. They inject you with plastic and let the world see all of you - inside and out.

Posts: 17884 | Location: SE Michigan | Registered: February 10, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
God will always provide
Picture of Fla. Jim
posted Hide Post
Got to admit after the mention of the Large Mason jar I laughed out loud. Cool

Posts: 4410 | Location: White City, Florida | Registered: January 11, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of Ozarkwoods
posted Hide Post
Why don't you go with the Ed Gean option skin out the remains and make decorative lamp shades displaying the tattoos. Takes up less space and fully functional.

ΜΟΛΩΝ ΛΑΒΕ

Posts: 4835 | Location: SWMO | Registered: October 20, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Official forum
SIG Pro
enthusiast
Picture of stickman428
posted Hide Post
I really like the ancient Egyptian method. Hell maybe they were right. I do find the prospect of being buried in a pyramid with lots of guns and motos to be kinda appealing.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

The price of liberty and even of common humanity is eternal vigilance

Posts: 21105 | Location: San Dimas CA, the Old Dominion or the Tar Heel State…flip a coin  | Registered: April 16, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Little ray
of sunshine
Picture of jhe888
posted Hide Post
I keep telling my wife that I am going to have her stuffed and sit her on the sofa.

The fish is mute, expressionless. The fish doesn't think because the fish knows everything.

Posts: 53122 | Location: Texas | Registered: February 10, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of Krazeehorse
posted Hide Post
I like the fireworks option.
http://www.heavensabovefireworks.com/

Be careful what you tolerate. You are teaching people how to treat you.

Posts: 5685 | Location: Ohio | Registered: December 27, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
I'm not into tattoos, but the thoughts of a 200 gallon mason jar full of Grey Goose, might make me jump in early!

P226 9mm CT
Springfield custom 1911 hardball
Glock 21
Les Baer Special Tactical AR-15

Posts: 1128 | Location: Vermont | Registered: March 24, 2010Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Drug Dealer
Picture of Jim Shugart
posted Hide Post
I don't really give a fuck what they do after I'm dead so long as they're nice while I'm still around.

When a thing is funny, search it carefully for a hidden truth. - George Bernard Shaw

Posts: 15482 | Location: Virginia | Registered: July 03, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Striker in waiting
Picture of BurtonRW
posted Hide Post
What about Para's tubes?

Maybe they could be offered for long, long term lease if the airlines can't make a go of them.

-Rob

I predict that there will be many suggestions and statements about the law made here, and some of them will be spectacularly wrong. - jhe888

A=A

Posts: 16270 | Location: Maryland, AA Co. | Registered: March 16, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of Cobra21
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Tuckerrnr1:
I have come up with yet another alternative to place my final remains other than internment...

My Good Man, you need a hobby to take up more of your idle time...

Risk the consequences of honesty...

Posts: 4498 | Location: DFW, TX | Registered: December 02, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
I told the wife I want a Viking funeral. Put me on a boat in the middle of the harbor and set me on fire. Somewhere down the line I think it's illegal, but I don't care I'll be dead.

Posts: 1249 | Location: Rhode Island | Registered: December 27, 2010Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Free men do not ask
permission to bear arms
Picture of George43
posted Hide Post
Last night my wife asked me where I wanted to be buried. I guess "Balls deep in your sister" is not the answer she was expecting.

A gun in the hand is worth more than ten policemen on the phone.
The American Revolution was carried out by a group of gun toting religious zealots.

Posts: 3808 | Location: Spring, Texas | Registered: June 26, 2012Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of Tuckerrnr1
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by George43:
Last night my wife asked me where I wanted to be buried. I guess "Balls deep in your sister" is not the answer she was expecting.

So you will be needing my services sooner than you thought.