Find
Notify
Tools

December 7th Login/Join 
Oriental Redneck
Picture of 12131
posted

Q

Posts: 26203 | Location: TEXAS | Registered: September 04, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Plowing straight ahead come what may
Picture of Bisleyblackhawk
posted Hide Post
Amen...

https://www.archives.gov/educa...essons/day-of-infamy

"we've gotta roll with the punches, learn to play all of our hunches
Making the best of what ever comes our way
Forget that blind ambition and learn to trust your intuition
Plowing straight ahead come what may
And theres a cowboy in the jungle"
Jimmy Buffet

Posts: 10580 | Location: Southeast Tennessee...not far above my homestate Georgia | Registered: March 10, 2010Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
I'll drive past Pearl Harbor on my way into work and remember this post, and thoughts of the SF members.

Posts: 3232 | Location: Middle Earth, Rivendell | Registered: November 13, 2010Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Knows too little
about too much
Picture of rduckwor
posted Hide Post
Never forget. Thanks,

RMD

TL Davis: “The Second Amendment is special, not because it protects guns, but because its violation signals a government with the intention to oppress its people…”
Remember: After the first one, the rest are free.

Posts: 20303 | Location: L.A. - Lower Alabama | Registered: April 06, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Go ahead punk, make my day
posted Hide Post
If you have the means in your lifetime, visit Pearl Harbor and the Arizona at least once. Sobering.

Posts: 45798 | Registered: July 12, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of 2BobTanner
posted Hide Post

USS Arizona and USS Missouri; the bookends of American involvement in WW2.

---------------------
LGBFJB

"Sometimes I wonder whether the world is being run by smart people who are putting us on, or by imbeciles who really mean it." — Mark Twain

“Democracy is the theory that the common people know what they want, and deserve to get it good and hard.” — H. L. Mencken

Posts: 2692 | Location: Falls of the Ohio River, Kain-tuk-e | Registered: January 13, 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Lawyers, Guns
and Money
Picture of chellim1
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by rpm2010:
I'll drive past Pearl Harbor on my way into work and remember this post, and thoughts of the SF members.

Thank you. Never forget!

"Some things are apparent. Where government moves in, community retreats, civil society disintegrates and our ability to control our own destiny atrophies. The result is: families under siege; war in the streets; unapologetic expropriation of property; the precipitous decline of the rule of law; the rapid rise of corruption; the loss of civility and the triumph of deceit. The result is a debased, debauched culture which finds moral depravity entertaining and virtue contemptible."
-- Justice Janice Rogers Brown

"The United States government is the largest criminal enterprise on earth."
-rduckwor

Posts: 23944 | Location: St. Louis, MO | Registered: April 03, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of RichardC
posted Hide Post
I just put out my flag at work.

Posts: 15842 | Location: Florida | Registered: June 23, 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of Leemur
posted Hide Post
It always gives me a weird feeling in the pit of my stomach each anniversary. The event that turned my grandfather from a simple smiling mechanic into a Marine sent to tropical hell. Returned home sick, half blown up and seriously scrambled in the head for years until he quit drinking, found God and became the smiling mechanic again.

Posts: 13735 | Location: Shenandoah Valley, VA | Registered: October 16, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of slyguy
posted Hide Post
I went to Hawaii in 1980 and got so sick I couldn't go on the tour to Pearl Harbor.

Some day I hope to take my kids.

Thank you ~

Posts: 904 | Location: Valley Oregon | Registered: May 23, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of Ozarkwoods
posted Hide Post
Never forget, my FIL was a Pearl Harbor survivor. He was on the USS Neosho a fully loaded tanker that came into Harbor the night before. The captain and crew moved the Neosho during the attack to the back side of Ford Island. RIP TR

ΜΟΛΩΝ ΛΑΒΕ

Posts: 4810 | Location: SWMO | Registered: October 20, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Muzzle flash
aficionado
Picture of flashguy
posted Hide Post
I've been to the Memorial twice--both times it has been and emotional experience. I can barely recall the day of the attack (I was 2 weeks shy of 4 years old).

flashguy

Texan by choice, not accident of birth

Posts: 27902 | Location: Dallas, TX | Registered: May 08, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Amen. We shall never forget.

GOD/Israel, family, 2nd amendment rights: in that order.
Tennessee -ELOHIM IS MY GOD!

Posts: 807 | Registered: May 31, 2011Reply With QuoteReport This Post
A day late, and
a dollar short
Picture of Warhorse
posted Hide Post
"This date lives in infamy". Frown

Posts: 13668 | Location: Michigan | Registered: July 10, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
When you fall, I will be there to catch you -With love, the floor
posted Hide Post
I was fortunate to see the memorial during a trip with my wife's company back in the late 80's. Odd thing it was Mitsubishi electronics. what I did notice is that those from the company acted as if they were at a solemn service and acted that way. the others on the trip which included the general public walked around like it was a ride at disney World.

I still have a flag that was flown over the memorial.

My father returned a few years before his death. He was enroute to the island and arrived a few days after the attack. From there is was five years across the Pacific.

Richard Scalzo
Epping, NH

http://www.bigeastakitarescue.net

Posts: 5803 | Location: Epping, NH | Registered: October 16, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of Expert308
posted Hide Post
I visited the Arizona once 23 years ago when I flew out there for my sister's wedding. That was long before she was joined by the Missouri. It was a very emotional experience. I want to go back again and see both of them.

Posts: 7244 | Location: Idaho | Registered: February 12, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Mr. Waffles
Picture of cherokee2u
posted Hide Post
This and 9-11 are two dates that I will always remember

A shepherd must tend his flock....and at times fight off the wolves

Posts: 2988 | Location: Carolina | Registered: March 29, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Thanks for sharing. Always remember.

Posts: 1562 | Location: TEXAS | Registered: August 17, 2014Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Saluki
posted Hide Post
I spent an hour one Sunday morning with a man who was there. Was quite an experience for me, to hear him explain what he experienced of the times leading up to and the years after that day.

He was in town visiting his daughter, I’ve not seen him again. I could have spent hours, should have spent hours listening to him.

----------The weather is here I wish you were beautiful----------

Posts: 5130 | Location: southern Mn | Registered: February 26, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
half-genius,
half-wit
posted Hide Post
Meanwhile, Radioman 3rd Class Bean come home to rest....

http://www.nydailynews.com/new...rs-article-1.3681876

tac

Posts: 11305 | Location: UK, OR, ONT | Registered: July 10, 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post