SIGforum.com    Main Page  Hop To Forum Categories  The Lounge    So I didn't, but now I would.
Page 1 2 
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

So I didn't, but now I would. Login/Join 
Green grass and
high tides
Picture of old rugged cross
posted Hide Post
The HD looks like maybe they have an A19 rough service bulb. Walmart did not have anything that looked like a conventional $1.00ish 75 watt light bulb. What am i missing since you all say they are everywhere. Last time I was at lowes I should of been shopping for light bulbs on Mar's looking for an old fashioned 75 watt light bulb?

"Practice like you want to play in the game"

Posts: 19160 | Registered: September 21, 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Admin/Odd Duck

Picture of lbj
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by old rugged cross:
No good ole light bulbs in any wally or hd or lowes around here. even the local hardware stores don't have any so they are not very accessible around here and I don't see led bulbs for like a $1 each either.

I am looking for 60,75 and 100watt light bulbs. Seems like they don't exist anymore. I most be in some vortex Frown

And why do or would I want them? Well, that is just how it is guys. Sorry if that has a negative impact on you. Wink

Jimmy123x, shoot me an email for location if you would consider shipping. Probably be $12-$15 to ship a box I would guess.
If I don't hear from you no problem.

Thanks guys.

You can find them online all over the place.
I use only old style incandescent light bulbs.
Example:
www.lightbulbsdirect.com

And no, I am not going to switch.

Ace Hardware near me usually has 60s.

There is iron in my words of death for all to see.
So there is iron in my words of life.

Posts: 31422 | Registered: February 20, 2000Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Ammoholic
Picture of Skins2881
posted Hide Post
quote:
No good ole light bulbs in any wally or hd or lowes around here. even the local hardware stores don't have any so they are not very accessible around here and I don't see led bulbs for like a $1 each either.

I am looking for 60,75 and 100watt light bulbs. Seems like they don't exist anymore. I most be in some vortex Frown

And why do or would I want them? Well, that is just how it is guys. Sorry if that has a negative impact on you. Wink

Jimmy123x, shoot me an email for location if you would consider shipping. Probably be $12-$15 to ship a box I would guess.
If I don't hear from you no problem.

Thanks guys.

What area are you in? If you are near one of my electrical supply houses I can probably have them shipped to you for free.

Jesse

Sic Semper Tyrannis

Posts: 20815 | Location: Loudoun County, Virginia | Registered: December 27, 2014Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Liek others, everywhere aruond me still sells them. I have switched everything over, including replacing flourescent bulbs with them.

Posts: 514 | Registered: November 13, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Go ahead punk, make my day
posted Hide Post
If you send a carrier pidgin with certified funds, we'll ship a case out by horse-n-buggy within a fortnight.

Posts: 45798 | Registered: July 12, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Loves His Wife
Picture of BRL
posted Hide Post
Am I the only one that has a problem with the LEDs buzzing? I bought a pack at Walmart and put them in the bathrooms and they just buzz. I waited for my bride to complain but she couldn't hear it over her tinnitus. Drives me nuts though. Maybe it's just the brand I bought.

I am not BIPOLAR. I don't even like bears.

Posts: 12932 | Location: Western WI | Registered: January 05, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Slayer of Agapanthus

posted Hide Post
ORC, which state do you live in? The federal law was repealed. I bought boxes and boxes of bulbs because of the risk from mercury.

"It is only with the heart that one can see rightly; what is essential is invisible to the eye". The Little Prince, Antoine de Saint-Exupery, pilot and author, lost on mission, July 1944, Med Theatre.

Posts: 5963 | Location: Central Texas | Registered: September 14, 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Green grass and
high tides
posted Hide Post
Thanks guys. My email is in my profile guys if you wish to discuss. Thanks for all the insight.

Green grass and
high tides
posted Hide Post
Ok guys, thank you so much for, as always. Quality communication for the most part Wink

I was in a WM last night. Guy stocking near the light sections. I did not look. Forgot about light bulbs. Me remembers seeing him so I ask. He say's "Oh yea, we just got some in and they are going like mad." He walks over to the shelf and low and hehold there are 60, 75 and 100 watters. Four packs for under a $1 a piece. Wow, just like the good ole' days. SWEEEEEEEET!

Bought about $40 worth. My elderly father was with me and say's. "That otta last you a couple of life times Big Grin

That is my story and I am stick'in to it.

Thanks again for all the info guys.

Alienator
Picture of SIG4EVA
posted Hide Post
old rugged cross you can always use Amazon if you can't get them locally.

https://www.amazon.com/Standar...+light+bulbs+60+watt

https://www.amazon.com/Incande...+bulbs+75+watt&psc=1

SIG556 Classic
P220 Carry SAS Gen 2 SAO
SP2022 9mm German Triple Serial
P938 SAS
P365 FDE

Psalm 118:24 "This is the day which the Lord hath made; we will rejoice and be glad in it"

Posts: 7070 | Location: NC | Registered: March 16, 2012Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of wallacemf
posted Hide Post
If you get the store brand LED bulbs at Home Depot, if they stop working you can take them back and they replace it, no receipt and no questions asked. At least, that's what they told me.

I think the store brand is EcoSmart?

Posts: 377 | Registered: December 26, 2012Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Oh stewardess,
I speak jive.
Picture of 46and2
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by RHINOWSO:
If you send a carrier pidgin with certified funds, we'll ship a case out by horse-n-buggy within a fortnight.

Huzzah!

Posts: 25613 | Registered: March 12, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Green grass and
high tides
posted Hide Post
He has a habit of trying to entertain himself 46and2.

Don't think it works though. Razz

No, not like
Bill Clinton
Picture of BigSwede
posted Hide Post
I just bought a new house and promptly changed out every bulb to LED. Recycle bin is full of about a hundred bulbs if you want them, they pick up about 2pm

Posts: 5317 | Location: GA | Registered: September 23, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Green grass and
high tides
posted Hide Post
i am good now BS, but thanks. Sure someone out there, like a neighbor would happily take them though. Not everyone buys into the next greatest scam/thing that get pushed on us Wink

Picture of Expert308
posted Hide Post
I had also planned to lay in a big stock of incandescent bulbs before they disappeared, but then I found that their lifespan had (fairly suddenly, as if by design) deteriorated significantly. So I've been gradually switching over to LEDs as the old bulbs die off. I just wish there was an LED manufacturer whose location doesn't end with "China".

Posts: 7262 | Location: Idaho | Registered: February 12, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
No, not like
Bill Clinton
Picture of BigSwede
posted Hide Post
FYI, Home Depot kicked ass on the LED prices, most times half of what Mao mart and Lowes wanted for them. The Ecosmart brand. $11 for an eight pack 60w equivalent and $10 for a 4 pack 60w dimmable. The globe shaped ones and the floods were the biggest price difference.

Posts: 5317 | Location: GA | Registered: September 23, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
I avoid LED's like the plaque.

Plenty of traditional bulbs still available.

Yes, I know, my electric bill is $2.17 more per month with traditional bulbs.... Big Grin

Posts: 4979 | Registered: April 20, 2010Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
quote:
Ok guys, thank you so much for, as always. Quality communication for the most part Wink

I was in a WM last night. Guy stocking near the light sections. I did not look. Forgot about light bulbs. Me remembers seeing him so I ask. He say's "Oh yea, we just got some in and they are going like mad." He walks over to the shelf and low and hehold there are 60, 75 and 100 watters. Four packs for under a $1 a piece. Wow, just like the good ole' days. SWEEEEEEEET!

Bought about $40 worth. My elderly father was with me and say's. "That otta last you a couple of life times Big Grin

That is my story and I am stick'in to it.

Thanks again for all the info guys.

I have a 16 pack of Sylvannia 60 watt case. If you need/want them let me know and I'll ship them to you free of charge.

Posts: 21335 | Registered: June 12, 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post