New
Find
Notify
Tools

VW GTI Login/Join 
Spiritually Imperfect
Picture of VictimNoMore
posted Hide Post
My wife just bought a '15 SE . Love it. In fact, I'm now shopping for one to replace my '12 Maxima.
On the SE, the lack of HID headlights is a big issue for me. Yes, we can get aftermarket at a later date.
It seems the best mix of Autobahn and SE features can be found on the 2017-only Sport models. They come with different wheels, too.
2017 Sport model is what I'm headed toward.

Posts: 3805 | Location: WV | Registered: January 30, 2010Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of P250UA5
posted Hide Post
I'm looking heavily at 2018s. The Autobahn & SE both have the 'performance pkg' & 'lighting pkg (led)' that prior years offered, as standard. The 18s also get the new infotainment with the larger screen.

Mostly convenience features between them otherwise.

The Enemy's gate is down.

Posts: 15314 | Location: Spring, TX | Registered: July 11, 2011Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of P250UA5
posted Hide Post
Last one, maybe, one the topic.

How likely is it to try & leverage an out of state's listed price to get a better local price?

Was directed to a dealer in VA that has a DSG Autobahn in the color I would want for ~6.5k off MSRP.

Best local deal is about 4.2k off.

Odds of trying to get a better deal?

The Enemy's gate is down.

Posts: 15314 | Location: Spring, TX | Registered: July 11, 2011Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Spiritually Imperfect
Picture of VictimNoMore
posted Hide Post
Dealers here use market pricing. Meaning...the price is the price, based on what other GTIs are selling for in the region.
Spin the wheel and take your chances. You never know until you try.

Posts: 3805 | Location: WV | Registered: January 30, 2010Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of craigcpa
posted Hide Post
And hurry up and show some pics. Razz

==========================================
Just my 2¢

Clowns to the left of me, Jokers to the right ♫♫♫

Posts: 7731 | Location: Raleighwood | Registered: June 27, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post