SIGforum.com    Main Page  Hop To Forum Categories  The Lounge    Helicopter crashed as neighbor expected.
Page 1 2 
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

Helicopter crashed as neighbor expected. Login/Join 
Certified All Positions
Picture of arcwelder
posted Hide Post
Wait.

Wait.

His WIFE wins a scratch ticket, and he buys a helicopter and crashes it?

She must be really in love and/or stupid.

Arc.
"You're a junkyard dog." - Lupe Flores. RIP

Posts: 27000 | Location: On fire, off the shoulder of Orion | Registered: June 09, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Mired in the
Fog of Lucidity
posted Hide Post
quote:
Wait.

Wait.

Arc.

Maybe she has a bigger life insurance policy on him?

Posts: 4850 | Registered: February 10, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Coin Sniper
Picture of Rightwire
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Sigmanic:
quote:
Wait.

Wait.

Arc.

Maybe she has a bigger life insurance policy on him?

She's brilliant!

Pronoun: His Royal Highness and benevolent Majesty of all he surveys

343 - Never Forget

Its better to be Pavlov's dog than Schrodinger's cat

There are three types of mistakes; Those you learn from, those you suffer from, and those you don't survive.

Posts: 37957 | Location: Above the snow line in Michigan | Registered: May 21, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Be not wise in
thine own eyes
Picture of kimber1911
posted Hide Post
She bought a Mercedes SUV with her half of the money.

He bought a helicopter.

http://m.wmbfnews.com/story/38...shes-in-iron-station

“We’re in a situation where we have put together, and you guys did it for our administration…President Obama’s administration before this. We have put together, I think, the most extensive and inclusive voter fraud organization in the history of American politics,”
Pres. Select, Joe Biden

“Let’s go, Brandon” Kelli Stavast, 2 Oct. 2021

Posts: 5267 | Location: USA | Registered: December 05, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by kimber1911:
She bought a Mercedes SUV with her half of the money.

He bought a helicopter.

http://m.wmbfnews.com/story/38...shes-in-iron-station

AND.....they both most likely live in a single wide trailer.

Posts: 21335 | Registered: June 12, 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Be not wise in
thine own eyes
Picture of kimber1911
posted Hide Post
Naw, appears to be a nice middle class neighborhood.
With great neighbors.

Similar to the neighbor in the news report;

If I had won $100,000 I wouldn't spend ~$35,000 on a helicopter and teach myself to fly, but he chose to, and I respect his rights for his money.

“We’re in a situation where we have put together, and you guys did it for our administration…President Obama’s administration before this. We have put together, I think, the most extensive and inclusive voter fraud organization in the history of American politics,”
Pres. Select, Joe Biden

“Let’s go, Brandon” Kelli Stavast, 2 Oct. 2021

Posts: 5267 | Location: USA | Registered: December 05, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
half-genius,
half-wit
posted Hide Post
It's a bit of a laff when you think about it. Most rational people who want to fly a helicopter go to the trouble of paying out upwards of a $1/4 Million learning to do it without divot-flonking*.

Guess they're all way too stupid, right?

tac

*British Army Air Corps term for tilting the rotor disc into the landscape - onomatapeic description of the sound made by the disc in contact.

Posts: 11322 | Location: UK, OR, ONT | Registered: July 10, 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Shaman
Picture of ScreamingCockatoo
posted Hide Post
Here's what I was expecting.

Link to original video: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=VPCS6j76bhE

He who fights with monsters might take care lest he thereby become a monster.

Posts: 39752 | Location: Atop the cockatoo tree | Registered: July 27, 2002Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of pbramlett
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by ScreamingCockatoo:
Here's what I was expecting.

Link to original video: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=VPCS6j76bhE

Exactly what i was thinking about as well. Hogg's back baby!!!

Regards,

P.

Posts: 1287 | Location: Alabama | Registered: May 20, 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Now and Zen
Picture of clubleaf206
posted Hide Post
As I understand it the newer Robinson helicopters are very easy to fly, they don’t use a stick and cyclic system anymore, at least according to my cousin’s husband. She bought him a flight in one, with a instructor. He has a pilot license and said it was very much like a fixed wing aircraft. That being said no one in their right mind would purchase one, hop in and attempt to fly it.

Posts: 12180 | Location: The untamed wilds of Kansas | Registered: August 25, 2001Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Wait, what?
Picture of gearhounds
posted Hide Post
Thankfully, that was as far as this idiot was able to get before actually gaining any altitude and doing some real harm. I’m glad he lost all that money and nearly his life; for his sake, hopefully a much needed wake up call.

“Remember to get vaccinated or a vaccinated person might get sick from a virus they got vaccinated against because you’re not vaccinated.” - author unknown

Posts: 15576 | Location: Martinsburg WV | Registered: April 02, 2011Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by clubleaf206:
As I understand it the newer Robinson helicopters are very easy to fly, they don’t use a stick and cyclic system anymore, at least according to my cousin’s husband. She bought him a flight in one, with a instructor. He has a pilot license and said it was very much like a fixed wing aircraft. That being said no one in their right mind would purchase one, hop in and attempt to fly it.

I had an owner I worked for in a third world country many years ago that did precisely just that with a Bell Jet Ranger. He was a pilot of jets and etc for many many years, bought a helicopter the government seized......there was only 1 other helicopter in the country and had the pilot train him for 3 days. AND, off he went flying it himself. He asked me if I wanted to fly out to his island with him, I said hell no. It would take him about 3-4 tries to get off of the ground.....LOLOLOLOL He never crashed it in the few months he owned it but sold it shortly thereafter because it brought too much attention in the country.

Posts: 21335 | Registered: June 12, 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of cparktd
posted Hide Post
Hey, he was just practicing his hover until that pesky tree got in the way. All he needed was a bigger yard!

Is the ultra light fad still a thing like it was? We used to hear of people killing themselves in them too.

If it ain't woke... don't fix it.

Posts: 4129 | Location: Middle Tennessee | Registered: February 07, 2013Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Thank you
Very little
Picture of HRK
posted Hide Post
Probably won't have any NTSB issues, seeing how he didn't actually fly it, just hit a tree with it running LOL

Posts: 23448 | Location: Florida | Registered: November 07, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post