SIGforum.com    Main Page  Hop To Forum Categories  The Lounge    Helicopter crashed as neighbor expected.
Page 1 2 
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

Helicopter crashed as neighbor expected. Login/Join 
Be not wise in
thine own eyes
Picture of kimber1911
posted
"Man bought a helicopter, he woke up one day and said ‘today's the day, I identify as a pilot, bought a helicopter.’ Hell I can't tell a man what to do in his own property,” Aubery said.

Amazing video by neighbor of previous attempts to be a pilot.

Guess winning the lottery does not grant you the ability to fly.

“We’re in a situation where we have put together, and you guys did it for our administration…President Obama’s administration before this. We have put together, I think, the most extensive and inclusive voter fraud organization in the history of American politics,”
Pres. Select, Joe Biden

“Let’s go, Brandon” Kelli Stavast, 2 Oct. 2021

Posts: 5267 | Location: USA | Registered: December 05, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Crusty old
curmudgeon
Picture of Jimbo54
posted Hide Post
That guy won the lottery twice. Once for cash and once for his life.

Jim

"If you can't be a good example, then you'll have to be a horrible warning" -Catherine Aird

Posts: 9791 | Location: The right side of Washington State | Registered: September 14, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Great; "The NTSB will continue its investigation..."

Waste of $, just confirm with the FAA he didn't have any certs, interview the idiot, case closed.

As a haven't flow in a very long time fixed wing pilot, I know better than to try a hover a helicopter.

“People have to really suffer before they can risk doing what they love.” –Chuck Palahnuik

Be harder to kill: https://preparefit.ck.page

Posts: 5043 | Location: Oregon | Registered: October 02, 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Would rather be a lawn chair pilot.

Posts: 12576 | Registered: January 17, 2011Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Here's how you can get your own Mosquito XE:

http://rotorfx.com/aircraft_se...to_helicopter_sales/

"HELICOPTER LICENSE REQUIRED TO FLY THIS HELICOPTER IN USA

If you have a rotorcraft rating or are planning on getting your license, the Mosquito XE is the place to start. Identical to the XEL but without the floats, and with an unrestricted fuel capacity, the XE will really take you places. Fly for over 2 hours, or 4 with optional extended tanks, at a comfortable cruising speed of 75 mph and a very economical fuel burn of only 4.5 gallons per hour. This helicopter requires FAA registration and a helicopter pilot rating."

Posts: 15898 | Location: Eastern Iowa | Registered: May 21, 2000Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Objectively Reasonable
Picture of DennisM
posted Hide Post
"Best I can figure, they were trying to fly through that barn, upside down. Had a bunch of reporters out here earlier. I guess it is news, when you got a tiny World War I biplane bein' flown by two 90-year-old men, neither one with pilot licenses.'

Posts: 2452 | Registered: January 01, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
A Grateful American
Picture of sigmonkey
posted Hide Post
"Well, they had a good, long run, the both of 'em. And they went out with their boots on!"

"the meaning of life, is to give life meaning" Ani Yehudi אני יהודי Le'olam lo shuv לעולם לא שוב!

Posts: 43810 | Location: ...... I am thrice divorced, and I live in a van DOWN BY THE RIVER!!! (in Arkansas) | Registered: December 20, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of reloader-1
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Sigmund:
Here's how you can get your own Mosquito XE:

http://rotorfx.com/aircraft_se...to_helicopter_sales/

"HELICOPTER LICENSE REQUIRED TO FLY THIS HELICOPTER IN USA

If you have a rotorcraft rating or are planning on getting your license, the Mosquito XE is the place to start. Identical to the XEL but without the floats, and with an unrestricted fuel capacity, the XE will really take you places. Fly for over 2 hours, or 4 with optional extended tanks, at a comfortable cruising speed of 75 mph and a very economical fuel burn of only 4.5 gallons per hour. This helicopter requires FAA registration and a helicopter pilot rating."

I’m assuming the helicopter in question is the XEL, which is nearly identical but requires no pilot license.

Posts: 2320 | Location: S. FL | Registered: October 26, 2010Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
I get nervous as hell flying my DJI Mavic RC helicopter, no way in hell I would get into something like that!!!

"Once abolish the God, and the Government becomes the God." --- G.K. Chesterton

Posts: 3856 | Location: WNY | Registered: April 11, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by reloader-1:

I’m assuming the helicopter in question is the XEL, which is nearly identical but requires no pilot license.

I can see the ad copy now:

"Always wanted you own helicopter, but too afraid of the black ones? Don't want to get on a govt. list? Well, do we have the model for you! The XEL is so small you can only kill yourself! That means no FAA licence needed! Well, what are you waiting for, your wife says go ahead!"

“People have to really suffer before they can risk doing what they love.” –Chuck Palahnuik

Be harder to kill: https://preparefit.ck.page

Posts: 5043 | Location: Oregon | Registered: October 02, 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
אַרְיֵה
Picture of V-Tail
posted Hide Post
A self-taught helicopter pilot? Cool! Roll Eyes

הרחפת שלי מלאה בצלופחים

Posts: 30544 | Location: Central Florida, Orlando area | Registered: January 03, 2010Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Get on the fifty!
Picture of Andyb
posted Hide Post
The neighbor is a member on Ar15 and the whole thread is there from when the guy first got it. Pretty funny.

"Pickin' stones and pullin' teats is a hard way to make a living. But, sure as God's got sandals, it beats fightin' dudes with treasure trails."

"We've been tricked, we've been backstabbed, and we've been quite possibly, bamboozled."

Posts: 3583 | Location: OK | Registered: November 07, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Coin Sniper
Picture of Rightwire
posted Hide Post
It looks easy in the movies.

And related to that web site, I would never by ANYTHING from a company that seems more occupied by selling ad space on their website, and all over the videos so you can't watch them, than selling their product. That is so irritating.

Pronoun: His Royal Highness and benevolent Majesty of all he surveys

343 - Never Forget

Its better to be Pavlov's dog than Schrodinger's cat

There are three types of mistakes; Those you learn from, those you suffer from, and those you don't survive.

Posts: 37931 | Location: Above the snow line in Michigan | Registered: May 21, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Ammoholic
posted Hide Post
I don’t know if it an artifact of the video or how it plays on this iPad, but it sure doesn’t look like that tail rotor is acting right...

Posts: 6872 | Location: Lost, but making time. | Registered: February 23, 2011Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of reloader-1
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Rightwire:
It looks easy in the movies.

And related to that web site, I would never by ANYTHING from a company that seems more occupied by selling ad space on their website, and all over the videos so you can't watch them, than selling their product. That is so irritating.

That’s not their product - the Mosquito is made by a Canadian company, they bought the rights to it a few years back.

RotorFX is a dealer/tour operator.

Posts: 2320 | Location: S. FL | Registered: October 26, 2010Reply With QuoteReport This Post
...and now here's Al
with the Weather.
Picture of guardianangel762
posted Hide Post
Since there were helicopters people have been doing this.

Posts: 9018 | Location: Lake Stevens, WA | Registered: March 20, 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Be not wise in
thine own eyes
Picture of kimber1911
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Andyb:
The neighbor is a member on Ar15 and the whole thread is there from when the guy first got it. Pretty funny.

Big Grin
That's great.
Two weeks ago he started a thread "His property his rules".

Today "Neighbor crashed helicopter".

Then he posted a link to him in the news.
https://www.wsoctv.com/www.wso...oln-county/742630301

If I had a helicopter I wouldn't fly it into a tree myself, but he chose to and I respect his rights for his property," Aubery offered."

This message has been edited. Last edited by: kimber1911,

“We’re in a situation where we have put together, and you guys did it for our administration…President Obama’s administration before this. We have put together, I think, the most extensive and inclusive voter fraud organization in the history of American politics,”
Pres. Select, Joe Biden

Posts: 5267 | Location: USA | Registered: December 05, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of 4859
posted Hide Post
It is time for common sense helicopter control.

-----------------------------
Always carry. Never tell.

Posts: 5772 | Location: Montana  | Registered: May 13, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
It's not easy being me
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by DennisM:
"Best I can figure, they were trying to fly through that barn, upside down. Had a bunch of reporters out here earlier. I guess it is news, when you got a tiny World War I biplane bein' flown by two 90-year-old men, neither one with pilot licenses.'

I love that movie! Big Grin

Posts: 2769 | Location: Middle TN | Registered: March 22, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Be not wise in
thine own eyes
Picture of kimber1911
posted Hide Post
Here is what the helicopter looked like on 4/13/2018.

Day before crash.

This message has been edited. Last edited by: kimber1911,

Pres. Select, Joe Biden