SIGforum.com    Main Page  Hop To Forum Categories  The Lounge    Local VA folks, Wife's RS was rear ended. Many more photos on page 2.
Page 1 2 3 4 
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

Local VA folks, Wife's RS was rear ended. Many more photos on page 2. Login/Join 
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by 1s1k:
The car didn’t seem to hold up very good for a minor hit. Maybe not having a trunk to take some of the hit while keeping the damage away from the suspension?

You have to remember at it's core, it's a 17k economy car, like the STi, Golf R etc.

Posts: 3468 | Registered: January 27, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Scurvy:
quote:
Originally posted by DSgrouse:
Well, I picked up the car today. First impressions is that it was done very well. Normal road driving it was superb, and no longer tracking. I need to put it up on the lift again to put the winter wheels and tires on this sunday. I will do my best to take a few photos then. Next week i am headed up to get the car inspected for the diminished value claim. The final bill 8900

Hopefully it is someone that's not Randy Baker.

No, i have been talking to reed appraisers.

Posts: 6633 | Location: Virginia | Registered: December 23, 2010Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
quote:
quote:
Originally posted by Scurvy:
quote:
Well, I picked up the car today. First impressions is that it was done very well. Normal road driving it was superb, and no longer tracking. I need to put it up on the lift again to put the winter wheels and tires on this sunday. I will do my best to take a few photos then. Next week i am headed up to get the car inspected for the diminished value claim. The final bill 8900

Hopefully it is someone that's not Randy Baker.

No, i have been talking to reed appraisers.

Good stuff. He's the best.

Posts: 3468 | Registered: January 27, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Well, i finally heard back from the opponent's ins company. The diminished value claim of 4020 ish was paid out to me for a check of 1400. So, now i am looking at the best way to make the opposing insurance company pay the whole amount.

I have no plans to cash this 1400 dollar check. specifically, because the damn car is not fixed yet. The rear suspension parts are still on back order as is the rear camera. That doesn't even mention the unrelated head gasket issue that has been ordered with the other two sets of parts since Feb 7th.

Posts: 6633 | Location: Virginia | Registered: December 23, 2010Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Savor the limelight
posted Hide Post
Waiting for parts stinks. I wanted to test drive an RS a month ago and couldn't because of the head gasket issue. Two different dealers were waiting for the parts. I found a dealer with a used one that I could drive. Great car, but I couldn't handle the ride. I wound up with an ST-3.

Posts: 10912 | Location: SWFL | Registered: October 10, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by trapper189:
Waiting for parts stinks. I wanted to test drive an RS a month ago and couldn't because of the head gasket issue. Two different dealers were waiting for the parts. I found a dealer with a used one that I could drive. Great car, but I couldn't handle the ride. I wound up with an ST-3.

Just spoke with my insurance rep. Bill Talley ford never contacted them about the supplemental repairs. IE the rear suspension, rear back up camera, and intermittent drive mode failure (rear exhaust). So, it looks like i will take the car back to conner brothers and have them arrange all of the repairs. Then get a dealership to do the head gasket recall separately.

As for the ride, interesting, the only ones that have had a bad ride I have been on still had the shipping blocks on the springs. all of those were like riding in a four-wheel pogo stick.