SIGforum.com    Main Page  Hop To Forum Categories  The Lounge    Local VA folks, Wife's RS was rear ended. Many more photos on page 2.
Page 1 2 3 4 
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

Local VA folks, Wife's RS was rear ended. Many more photos on page 2. Login/Join 
posted Hide Post
Finally heard back from my insurance claim person. This certainly is not off to a great start.

Update: I recieved a response to the questionair i answered.

I am to be the joyous recipient of a new claims manager who might contact me with in the next two buisness days.

Posts: 6633 | Location: Virginia | Registered: December 23, 2010Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Met with my insurance adjuster today. We put the car on my neighbors lift. He was able to see the wonky driver rear suspension, the drive shaft. misaligned door gaps.

I should have his estimate monday or so. The short of it is, that the car will get frame jig time, and if the suspension drives wonkey then new rear suspension. This is all in addition to replacement of all the bent and broken bits.

Which is as good as I could have wished for.

Posts: 6633 | Location: Virginia | Registered: December 23, 2010Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Step by step walk the thousand mile road
Picture of Sig2340
posted Hide Post
Can you find a new time to listen to my experience suing people in district and pcircuit court, and now with the car accident I found several things that get a settlement that is fair.

Nice is overrated

"It's every freedom-loving individual's duty to lie to the government."
Airsoftguy, June 29, 2018

Posts: 31441 | Location: Loudoun County, Virginia | Registered: May 17, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Reply sent, sorry for the delay.

posted Hide Post
Just don't blame the guy that hit you when the head gasket pops.

Posts: 3468 | Registered: January 27, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Most of who pays for what has been sorted out. It is being towed to the repair shop today. Hopefully to be in the que next week.

Picture of P250UA5
posted Hide Post
Hope it all gets sorted & back to like-new.
Hoping to pick my tuck up today, was luckily just in for a sunroof repair & to fix the tailgate alignment.

Was eyeballing the 5 RS they had on the lot when I dropped it off. I'd probably go for the gray over the blue or white. But, they also have a $5k markup on them all.
In the 5 door/hot hatch market, the RS would probably get my #1 spot (having not driven any of them outside of the 6MT 2.5 Mazda3 Hatch), since a GLA43AMG is way out of a realistic budget.

The Enemy's gate is down.

Posts: 15320 | Location: Spring, TX | Registered: July 11, 2011Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by P250UA5:
Hoping to pick my tuck up today, was luckily just in for a sunroof repair & to fix the tailgate alignment.

Was eyeballing the 5 RS they had on the lot when I dropped it off. I'd probably go for the gray over the blue or white. But, they also have a $5k markup on them all.
In the 5 door/hot hatch market, the RS would probably get my #1 spot (having not driven any of them outside of the 6MT 2.5 Mazda3 Hatch), since a GLA43AMG is way out of a realistic budget.

Not a cheap proposition, but here you go.

https://m.facebook.com/story.p...512529&id=1550121451

Picture of P250UA5
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by DSgrouse:
quote:
Originally posted by P250UA5:

Not a cheap proposition, but here you go.

https://m.facebook.com/story.p...512529&id=1550121451

Yowsa, much more power (can there be too much) than I would need for a DD car.
Highly doubtful that my F150 is going anywhere anytime soon, though we may be selling our trailer, which would eliminate the original reason for getting it.

But, there may be a few things on the horizon that make keeping the truck practical.

Maybe in a few years, a toy/practical DD will be in the cards.

Posts: 15320 | Location: Spring, TX | Registered: July 11, 2011Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Well, car is at the shop. We recieved their estimate of the damage. The total comes to 8100. Some parts are on back order till at least the 15th.

Should we seek diminished value?

Too clever by half
Picture of jigray3
posted Hide Post
With frame damage, I would pursue diminished value. It certainly reduces appraised value. Carmax, for instance, looks for it and will not retail ANY vehicle with any evidence of frame damage.

Which shop did you pick?

"We have a system that increasingly taxes work, and increasingly subsidizes non-work" - Milton Friedman

Posts: 10354 | Location: Richmond, VA | Registered: December 11, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Conner brothers in chester. It is one my researched based on rec9mendations here and on the RS forums

Picture of Prefontaine
posted Hide Post
quote:

Seek diminished value, most definitely.

What am I doing? I'm talking to an empty telephone

Posts: 12633 | Location: Down South | Registered: January 16, 2010Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Savor the limelight
posted Hide Post
quote:
Well, car is at the shop. We recieved their estimate of the damage. The total comes to 8100. Some parts are on back order till at least the 15th.

Should we seek diminished value?

Yes you should. I wasn't able to on my F350 because repairs and the rental RAM 2500 totaled $24,500 and the guy that hit me only had $25,000 property damage coverage. I looked at trading my truck in on an a new F450 and they said the accident cost me $7,500 or so on the trade value.

Posts: 10940 | Location: SWFL | Registered: October 10, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Well, I picked up the car today. First impressions is that it was done very well. Normal road driving it was superb, and no longer tracking. I need to put it up on the lift again to put the winter wheels and tires on this sunday. I will do my best to take a few photos then. Next week i am headed up to get the car inspected for the diminished value claim. The final bill 8900

Not really from Vienna
Picture of arfmel
posted Hide Post
If it was mine, I'd seriously consider trading it in on a new one. Before any issues appear.

Posts: 26905 | Location: Jerkwater, Texas | Registered: January 30, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Funny Man
Picture of TXJIM
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by arfmel:
If it was mine, I'd seriously consider trading it in on a new one. Before any issues appear.

Yeah, no way I would keep that car long term. I would have fought the insurance tooth and nail to total it with the frame damage. If not successful I would get out of it asap with documentation of the diminished value to pursue immediately upon selling/trading. That car has a high likelihood of gremlins popping up until the day it dies. Sorry for your troubles OP, it sucks that happened.

Posts: 7093 | Location: Austin, TX | Registered: June 29, 2010Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of P250UA5
posted Hide Post
Glad it's back together.
Luckily, if you do decide to get out of it & trade into a new one, The RS isn't as much of a hot commodity on the lot as it was.
Local dealer still has 3-5 on the lot & they're actually PDI'd now.

thin skin can't win
Picture of Georgeair
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by 1s1k:
The car didn’t seem to hold up very good for a minor hit. Maybe not having a trunk to take some of the hit while keeping the damage away from the suspension?

I'm going to disagree - the car did exactly what it's designed to do in any impact over 5MPH. It absorbed almost all the energy in parts between the collision and the passenger compartment. The video shows relatively little shock to the passengers, but the damage shows where the energy went. Once you start designing cars to do that, they can't make a judgement call of "Oh, this is only 15MPH impact so I don't need to collapse parts."

Still, hurts to see and I feel for the OP.

You only have integrity once. - imprezaguy02

Posts: 12417 | Location: Madison, MS | Registered: December 10, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
quote:
Well, I picked up the car today. First impressions is that it was done very well. Normal road driving it was superb, and no longer tracking. I need to put it up on the lift again to put the winter wheels and tires on this sunday. I will do my best to take a few photos then. Next week i am headed up to get the car inspected for the diminished value claim. The final bill 8900

Hopefully it is someone that's not Randy Baker.

Posts: 3468 | Registered: January 27, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post