SIGforum.com    Main Page  Hop To Forum Categories  The Lounge    Local VA folks, Wife's RS was rear ended. Many more photos on page 2.
Page 1 2 3 4 
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

Local VA folks, Wife's RS was rear ended. Many more photos on page 2. Login/Join 
posted
Who to go to in the richmond area for vehicle accident attorney?

On the flipside, who to go to for repairs of a non standard vehicle.

Off to see the doc tomorrow.

Thanks in advance, I really appriciate it as we are still fairly new to the area.

This message has been edited. Last edited by: DSgrouse,

Posts: 6633 | Location: Virginia | Registered: December 23, 2010Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post

https://www.facebook.com/aaron.e.kimpton/videos/1471371596286478/

https://www.facebook.com/aaron...os/1471371596286478/

Posts: 6633 | Location: Virginia | Registered: December 23, 2010Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of 4MUL8R
posted Hide Post
Was she rear ended on private property or did everyone pull into the Home Depot lot after the accident? The corridor there on West Broad right at the Home Depot is routinely the most accidents per month intersection. Glad Henrico was there for you all.

Some folks have had good luck with the body shop called Connor Brothers.

https://www.yelp.com/biz/conno...rs-body-shop-chester

I have experience with two others, who on the same website had some so-so reviews. I won't bother to name them.

-------
Trying to simplify my life...

Posts: 5050 | Location: Commonwealth of Virginia | Registered: January 15, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Not sure if the vid works for you, On 250 west bound at tom leonards light. Pulled into HD lot.

Raptorman
Picture of Mars_Attacks
posted Hide Post
Why did you need an attorney?

Seems the camera has all the evidence you need to get your car fixed.

I'm pretty sure any Ford dealer shop can get the parts needed for proper repairs.

Eeewwww, don't touch it!
Here, poke at it with this stick.

Posts: 34108 | Location: North, GA | Registered: October 09, 2002Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
I learned long ago let the attorney deal with the insurance, and the repair shops. You get better service and only have to fill things out once.

Picture of 4MUL8R
posted Hide Post
Video link not working.

-------

Posts: 5050 | Location: Commonwealth of Virginia | Registered: January 15, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by 4MUL8R:
Video link not working.

Tossing it up on Youtube, will post link when done.

Link to original video: https://youtu.be/lGrfX96Y6YY

Picture of bigdeal
posted Hide Post
Can't help you with an attorney or repair shop, but I certainly hope your wife is OK. Darn shame. I know that car is virtually new.

-----------------------------
Guns are awesome because they shoot solid lead freedom. Every man should have several guns. And several dogs, because a man with a cat is a woman. Kurt Schlichter

Posts: 33845 | Location: Orlando, FL | Registered: April 30, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Savor the limelight
posted Hide Post
That sucks. I hope your wife is OK.

Posts: 10913 | Location: SWFL | Registered: October 10, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Get a list of the preferred shops that insurance company doing the repair uses.

They usually come with a lifetime warranty and you can be extra picky without worrying about the insurance company not wanting to pay for it.

Good call on the attorney, the secret no one wants to walk about is the insurance companies would MUCH MUCH MUCH rather deal with an attorney than a customer.

It appears to be a minor impact with no structural damage. Nothing is going to be repaired from the looks of it, it's new enough it should be all brand new oem parts. The only concern you should really have is the paint match.

Only tough part is it being a relatively rare vehicle but other than that this is a very straightforward claim.

Posts: 3468 | Registered: January 27, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by trapper189:
That sucks. I hope your wife is OK.

I was driving, wife in the back motger up front.

Picture of 4MUL8R
posted Hide Post
Most often when we work accidents at that location, folks just stay on West Broad. It makes it harder to judge who was at fault, and if there are any equipment violations that may have contributed to the accident. I can't tell you how many accidents I've worked or seen right there. Usually on the east-bound side, for some reason.

-------

posted Hide Post
quote:
Most often when we work accidents at that location, folks just stay on West Broad. It makes it harder to judge who was at fault, and if there are any equipment violations that may have contributed to the accident. I can't tell you how many accidents I've worked or seen right there. Usually on the east-bound side, for some reason.

The vehicles infrront of me were stopped for an accudent at the mccd's sonic entrance that had just cleared.

Made from a
different mold
Picture of mutedblade
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by DSgrouse:
quote:

The vehicles infrront of me were stopped for an accudent at the mccd's sonic entrance that had just cleared.

That's the reason for so many accidents in that stretch. Everyone is in a hurry to get off of 64 and get their dinner or do some shopping (all while looking at their phones of course). The timing of the lights also contributes to the high accident count from Tom Leonard's all the way to the Nissan dealer. Piss poor city planning on whomever engineered it, not to mention the influx of bad drivers from the Asian continent. In the past year, I bet I've seen 25 accidents in those 4 blocks. Can't even tell you how many times I've seen someone blow through a red light at one of those intersections (coming out of the Whole Foods is one of the worst).

Posts: 2832 | Location: Lake Anna, VA | Registered: May 07, 2012Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of SSgt USMC/Vet
posted Hide Post
Have a daughter who works for Allen & Allen in Fredericksburg but their home office is in Richmond.

Posts: 1953 | Location: Northern Virginia/Buggs Island, Boydton Va. | Registered: July 13, 2011Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Hop head
Picture of lyman
posted Hide Post
Va Collision center does decent work,
just had hail damage repaired there,

it is in the hood,

and agree with the other post on check who the ford dealer recommends,

avoid Caliber Collision, esp the old Rick Stanley location on the south side,

https://www.chesterfieldarmament.com/

Posts: 10419 | Location: Beach VA,not VA Beach | Registered: July 17, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by lyman:
Va Collision center does decent work,
just had hail damage repaired there,

it is in the hood,

and agree with the other post on check who the ford dealer recommends,

avoid Caliber Collision, esp the old Rick Stanley location on the south side,

Not sure who Richmond Ford uses. Colonial has their own shop.

I don't think going to a Ford shop is necessary. The RS doesn't require any special training and any body shop worth it's salt can match the paint.

The most important factor here is the quality of the paint job.

Doubtful...
Picture of TomS
posted Hide Post
Don't forget the diminished value due to the accident!

Best regards,

Tom

I have no comment at this time.

Posts: 3110 | Location: Coker Creek,TN | Registered: April 02, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by toms:
Don't forget the diminished value due to the accident!

Just be careful who you get the DV appraisal from. There are A LOT of basically scam artists on the web, and one even in Richmond... who will promise you the world (upwards of 30% of the value of the vehicle) in exchange of their very very pricey appraisal. They'll regale you with tales about taking on the insurance company and winning all that money. Their goal is to get you to pay them a ton of money for the appraisal, not to actually get you a fair settlement.

Reed Appraisers is the best I've ever seen at it. He uses real world sales figured to determine it instead of a formula or in some cases, literally pulling numbers out of thin air based on a unscientific poll someone did once...
Reed doesn't care who hires him, he works for and against insurance companies and everyone respects him and his method.

To be frank though, I don't think the DV claim will be that big, probably a couple grand at most. The damage isn't bad and there's an assumption these cars are raced and beat on and crashed. A relatively minor rear end accident isn't going to affect the value a whole bunch, especially with no structural damage or repaired panels, just straight replacement.

If the vehicle was never driven except to cars and coffee and was intended to be kept as a future collectible with super low miles, then the DV would probably be higher.