SIGforum.com    Main Page  Hop To Forum Categories  The Lounge    Cover for outdoor trailer storage?
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

Cover for outdoor trailer storage? Login/Join 
posted
I have an aluminum ATV/utility trailer that only gets used a few times a year. I park it behind the garage, raise it off the ground and cover the tires. Of course, leaves and other debris get on the deck and make a bit of a mess.

Is there any merit to buying a canopy style roof, cutting the legs short and having the deck covered while leaving the sides open for airflow, or does the crap still blow under?

Posts: 8955 | Location: The Red part of Minnesota | Registered: October 06, 2002Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
https://www.harborfreight.com/...tarpaulin-47676.html
and some bungees and rope

Safety, Situational Awareness and proficiency.

Neck Ties, Hats and ammo brass, Never ,ever touch'em w/o asking first

Posts: 54633 | Location: Henry County , Il | Registered: February 10, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
^^^^

The problem I've had with tarps is the tendency for snow to push them down and then the low spot starts to leak trapping moisture under the tarp until Spring. That's why I was thinking some type of pitched or curved roof support might be better.

Posts: 8955 | Location: The Red part of Minnesota | Registered: October 06, 2002Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of Haveme1or2
posted Hide Post
I built a leanto off my shed to cover trailer. Tarps lead to animal cover.

Posts: 1002 | Location: Mint Hill NC | Registered: November 26, 2016Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
I second the tarp problem leading to animal cover. I had two stray cats take up residency in my open fishing boat for a while.

I also have a utility trailer 6 x 10. I just treat the wood with Thompson's Water Seal and sweep/shovel whatever accumulates when I want to use it.

Awake not woke

Posts: 567 | Location: Citrus Springs, Fl. | Registered: January 02, 2013Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Staring back
from the abyss
Picture of Gustofer
posted Hide Post
Sounds like a perfect excuse to build a new garage. Big Grin

Posts: 20099 | Location: Montana | Registered: November 01, 2010Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
With aluminum, you really don't need to worry about corrosion of it sitting there in Minnesota. I would just jack the tongue up really high and block it that way so the roof has a very good angle so leaves fall off with the rain, or would be easy to hose off of the roof.

Posts: 21335 | Registered: June 12, 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post