SIGforum.com    Main Page  Hop To Forum Categories  The Lounge    What Do You Folks Like For Windshiels Wipers?
Page 1 2 3 
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

What Do You Folks Like For Windshiels Wipers? Login/Join 
parati et volentes
Picture of houndawg
posted Hide Post
Bosch Icon

Posts: 8272 | Location: Illinois, Occupied America | Registered: February 23, 2000Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Duke of Detroit
posted Hide Post
I get the Bosch Icons too. But the part stores want too damn much for them. So, I go to Rock Auto online twice a year and order them. A lot cheaper and only take a couple of days to get them. Wink

The voices in my head may not be real, but they have some good ideas

Posts: 1047 | Location: Detroit, MICHIGAN | Registered: May 10, 2002Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of PowerSurge
posted Hide Post
PIAA silicones. They last for years which is a lot longer than anything else on the market.

———————————————
The fool hath said in his heart, There is no God. Psalm 14:1

Posts: 3955 | Location: Northeast Georgia | Registered: November 18, 2017Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
OEM refills (rubber part only) for both Honda and Toyotas in our family. Not a lot of snow here, but lots of rain.

Posts: 698 | Registered: February 24, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
RainX Latitude wipers is what I use, I have had very good luck with them.

I also use RainX 2-in-1 All Season washer fluid and treat my windows with RainX at least twice a year.

ARman

Posts: 3146 | Registered: May 19, 2010Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of wrightd
posted Hide Post
I'm experimenting with $4.50 each variety from Walmart. Consumer Reports says none of them last for more than 6 mos even the expensive ones. I don't recall if they said any of them work better than others, I haven't noticed a difference. I'm going to use these cheap ones on all my vehicles for a while to see what happens. I was in the auto store yesterday and this woman came in and they tried to sell her wipers for her car coming in at $79 dollars. I about had a cow. What a rip. I think wiper blades are a cash cow for auto parts stores, they have to be to be so way overpriced.

Lover of the US Constitution
Wile E. Coyote School of DIY Disaster

Posts: 8634 | Location: Nowhere the constitution is not honored | Registered: February 01, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Bosch Icon

Posts: 1447 | Location: Western WA | Registered: September 11, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
His diet consists of black
coffee, and sarcasm.
Picture of egregore
posted Hide Post
Nothing has ever worked on my Toyota as well as its original blades - they still worked when the car was three years old, in pouring rain in Cape Hatteras - but among aftermarkets, the Rain-X Latitude performed well. They still needed to be changed every year. I can't say I like them yet, as I haven't gotten around to putting them on, but I got some Trico-branded blades because they are U.S.-made.

Posts: 27834 | Location: Johnson City/Elizabethton, TN | Registered: April 28, 2012Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of Fusternc
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by bigdeal:
Bosch Icons on all my vehicles.

This x 2!!

Posts: 1373 | Location: New Hampshire | Registered: December 05, 1999Reply With QuoteReport This Post
addicted to trailing-throttle oversteer
posted Hide Post
I'm definitely old school. I buy and trust Bosch but I can't stand the Icons so instead I prefer the non-aero types that use the full armature:

Besides, this style Bosch wiper usually matches the OEM pieces on the vintage of the cars we own. In a couple of cases, Bosch IS the OEM supplier of the factory wiper.

Posts: 8983 | Location: Drippin' wet | Registered: April 18, 2010Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Something wild
is loose
Picture of Doc H.
posted Hide Post
+Bosch+

"And gentlemen in England now abed, shall think themselves accursed they were not here, and hold their manhoods cheap whiles any speaks that fought with us upon Saint Crispin's Day"

Posts: 2746 | Location: The Shire | Registered: October 22, 2011Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of Mikus36
posted Hide Post
Aquapel first and Bosch wipers

"It's a Bill of Rights - Not a Bill of Needs"
The World is a combustible Place

Posts: 353 | Location: Washington | Registered: April 18, 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Had never thought about wipers till this weekend. Only ever used whatever was cheapest.

Wife was complaining that wipers were streaking bad and we just got our first rain storm this weekend. On top of $900 for brand new tires and an alignment on Friday which I was delaying that pain until it started rainy season, I sprung for the ~$24 (each!) Bosch Icons. Wow. What an amazing difference, wife is very pleased with me. Also had a burned out headlight so I bought a pair of top of line silverstar silvania. Yeah. Fresh lights, wipers and tires. I’m the hero for about 3 hours....

Posts: 4736 | Location: Florida Panhandle  | Registered: November 23, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
To all of you who are serving or have served our country, Thank You
Picture of Jelly
posted Hide Post
What vehicle? If it is a Toyota... nothing will beat OEM Refills and they are not that much?

Posts: 2675 | Registered: March 15, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Fighting the good fight
Picture of RogueJSK
posted Hide Post
I put Bosch Icons on all my vehicles.

Posts: 32428 | Location: Northwest Arkansas | Registered: January 06, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of Ripley
posted Hide Post
quote:
PIAA

Link to original video: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=SpdgahDp2Wg

Set the controls for the heart of the Sun.

Posts: 8310 | Location: Flown-over country | Registered: December 25, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of konata88
posted Hide Post
I have had issues with factory replacement blades for years.

I’ve been happy with Michelin Stealth Ultra for the past year. Functional, durable, quiet, smooth.

I just bought Icon to try on one car. Seems good so far. But quite a bit more expensive than the Michelin.

"Wrong does not cease to be wrong because the majority share in it." L.Tolstoy
"A government is just a body of people, usually, notably, ungoverned." Shepherd Book

Posts: 12683 | Location: In the gilded cage | Registered: December 09, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
King of Goodness
Picture of varoadking
posted Hide Post
Bosch Icons on all my vehicles.

Posts: 6699 | Location: Dixie | Registered: February 10, 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Armed and Gregarious
Picture of DMF
posted Hide Post
Whatever is on sale at Costco or Advance Auto, and change them in the fall and spring. Also, I flip them up if I have to park outsode, so they don't freeze to the windshield.

I also highly recommend getting a windshield cover. I got the "Frostblocker," sold at Costco. 30 seconds of putting that on each night saves 5-15 minutes of scraping frost/ice each morning.

https://www.costco.com/FrostBl...oduct.100412386.html

Online it's a 2 pack, but in the store you can usually get them individually for $20. Worth every penny.

"War is the remedy that our enemies have chosen, and I say let us give them all they want." - William Tecumseh Sherman

Posts: 12591 | Location: Nomad | Registered: January 10, 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Jelly:
What vehicle? If it is a Toyota... nothing will beat OEM Refills and they are not that much?

this for me

$12 and I have both sides.

Most of the dealers don't carry just the inserts by me since they make a whole bunch more for the whole arm

-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Live today as if it may be your last and learn today as if you will live forever

Posts: 6218 | Location: New Orleans...outside the levees, fishing in the Rigolets | Registered: October 11, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post