SIGforum.com    Main Page  Hop To Forum Categories  The Lounge    What Do You Folks Like For Windshiels Wipers?
Page 1 2 3 
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

What Do You Folks Like For Windshiels Wipers? Login/Join 
teacher of history
Picture of maxwayne
posted
My daughter needs some new wipers and I am curious as to your recommendations. We are Midwest with snow and lots of rain.

Posts: 5615 | Location: Central Illinois | Registered: March 04, 2001Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of bigdeal
posted Hide Post
Bosch Icons on all my vehicles.

-----------------------------
Guns are awesome because they shoot solid lead freedom. Every man should have several guns. And several dogs, because a man with a cat is a woman. Kurt Schlichter

Posts: 33845 | Location: Orlando, FL | Registered: April 30, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Not all who wander
are lost.
Picture of JohnV
posted Hide Post
Bosch icons

Posted from my iPhone.

Posts: 4313 | Location: Tennessee | Registered: February 22, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
My other Sig
is a Steyr.
Picture of .38supersig
posted Hide Post
Icons on mine as well.

Posts: 9138 | Location: Somewhere looking for ammo that nobody has at a place I haven't been to for a pistol I couldn't live without... | Registered: December 02, 2014Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Honky Lips
Picture of FenderBender
posted Hide Post
again, bosch

Posts: 8146 | Registered: July 24, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Doing what I want,
When I want,
If I want!
Picture of beltfed21
posted Hide Post
Hi Max. I used to get Anco winter blades because they are wrapped with rubber which kept them from getting snow and ice in them. But I don’t know if they are available any more. I’ve heard good things about the Icons.

"On the other side of fear you will always find freedom"

Posts: 2667 | Registered: January 08, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
I Am The Walrus
posted Hide Post
Bosch Icon but it doesn't snow here.

Posts: 13085 | Registered: March 12, 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Doing what I want,
When I want,
If I want!
Picture of beltfed21
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Edmond:
Bosch Icon but it doesn't snow here.

Sure, rub it in!

"On the other side of fear you will always find freedom"

Posts: 2667 | Registered: January 08, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of mcrimm
posted Hide Post
Whatever Costco carries on the sale. I change mine annually.

I'm sorry if I hurt you feelings when I called you stupid - I thought you already knew - Unknown
When you have no future, you live in the past. " Sycamore Row" by John Grisham

Posts: 4221 | Location: Saddlebrooke, Arizona | Registered: December 24, 2013Reply With QuoteReport This Post
The success of a solution usually depends upon your point of view
posted Hide Post
Bosch Icons here as well.

“We truly live in a wondrous age of stupid.” - 83v45magna

"I think it's important that people understand free speech doesn't mean free from consequences societally or politically or culturally."
-Pranjit Kalita, founder and CIO of Birkoa Capital Management

Posts: 3847 | Location: Jacksonville, FL | Registered: September 10, 2010Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Stupid
Allergy
Picture of dry-fly
posted Hide Post
PIAA. They’re spendy but they are the best I’ve ever used.

"Attack life, it's going to kill you anyway." Steve McQueen...

Posts: 6997 | Location: TEXAS | Registered: July 18, 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
St. Vitus
Dance Instructor
Picture of blueye
posted Hide Post
Icons

Posts: 5299 | Location: basement | Registered: April 06, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Victim of Life's
Circumstances
Picture of doublesharp
posted Hide Post
Whichever brand I buy I use a clay bar on my windshield before installing new blades. I usually buy Rain X or Michelin wiper blades and like them both. Anco as well. I use the clay bar and then rain x rain repellant, side windows, too. A treatment this time of year and I'm usually good for the winter.

Posts: 4689 | Location: Sunnyside of Louisville | Registered: July 04, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
I just buy the cheap ones and replace as needed.

Posts: 1913 | Location: U.P. of michigan | Registered: March 02, 2010Reply With QuoteReport This Post
always with a hat or sunscreen
Picture of bald1
posted Hide Post
Bosch Icon ('03 S2000) and Valeo Ultimate ('11 Sonata Ltd). Both obtained from TireRack.

Edited to add vehicles and comment on where bought. Smile

This message has been edited. Last edited by: bald1,

Certifiable member of the gun toting, septuagenarian, bucket list workin', crazed retiree, bald is beautiful club!
USN (RET), COTEP #192

Posts: 16179 | Location: Black Hills of South Dakota | Registered: June 20, 2010Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Drill Here, Drill Now
Picture of tatortodd
posted Hide Post
Bosch Icons. I’ve had them on my vehicles in Houston, Alaska, and Canada. That’s a pretty diverse climate and it excelled in every environment.

There are lesser Bosch that look like Icons but don’t perform like Icons. My Dad and I were driving in the rain to a Bowl Game over the holidays and his windshield wipers tore. We stopped at a big box store and they only had one Bosch model (it wasn’t Icon) and we put them on in the parking lot. The bastards chattered across the windshield and did a worse job than the torn ones we threw away. Cleaning the windshield at a gas station did nothing, and spraying the windshield with windshield solvent did nothing. Went to an auto parts store the next day and bought Icons and returned the others to another branch of the big box store. Without doing anything to the windshield (ie no clay bar, no windex, etc) the Icons immediately performed flawlessly.

Ego is the anesthesia that deadens the pain of stupidity

DISCLAIMER: These are the author's own personal views and do not represent the views of the author's employer.

Posts: 23194 | Location: Northern Suburbs of Houston | Registered: November 14, 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Not as lean, not as mean,
Still a Marine
Picture of Gibb
posted Hide Post
What vehicle?

I use Icons on most of my stable, but they just don't work on my work van (Chevy Express). I use the cheap hybrid blades from Rain-X and they work like a charm.

If my kid is buying the wipers on her car, she buys the same hybrids, says she doesn't see enough difference to justify the price of the Icons (although I did when I drove that car).

I shall respect you until you open your mouth, from that point on, you must earn it yourself.

Posts: 3352 | Location: Southern Maine | Registered: February 10, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by mcrimm:
Whatever Costco carries on the sale. I change mine annually.

I made that mistake. They've been carrying Michelin's the last few years. After the OEM pair wore-out, I picked up a set. No less than 3-months in they were sucking big-time: streaks, chatter, skipping Mad Ended up getting the OEM Bosch from the parts store and they worked as they're supposed to.

Posts: 14630 | Location: Wine Country | Registered: September 20, 2000Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
I just put some Trico Onyx blades on my 4Runner for the first time. So far so good, but I'll see how they perform in the winter.

Posts: 3474 | Location: Lehigh Valley, PA | Registered: March 27, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Legalize the Constitution
Picture of TMats
posted Hide Post
Another for Bosch Icon

Posts: 13225 | Location: Wyoming | Registered: January 10, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post