SIGforum.com    Main Page  Hop To Forum Categories  The Lounge    Police in Indiana shoot at actor portraying bank robber UPDATED W/VIDEO Oct 4
Page 1 2 
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

Police in Indiana shoot at actor portraying bank robber UPDATED W/VIDEO Oct 4 Login/Join 
posted Hide Post
The article has a link to body cam video.

https://www.washingtonpost.com...m_term=.6877e115854b

Posts: 15899 | Location: Eastern Iowa | Registered: May 21, 2000Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Just a few miles north of where I live...

Posts: 4690 | Location: Indiana | Registered: December 28, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Stop Talking, Start Doing
posted Hide Post
Wow! That video explains a lot.

Posts: 5070 | Location: The (R)ight side of Washington State | Registered: August 31, 2011Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Tinker Sailor Soldier Pie
Picture of Balzé Halzé
posted Hide Post
Dude is lucky that cop wasn't a better shot.

~Alan

Acta Non Verba
NRA Life Member (Patron)
God, Family, Guns, Country

Men will fight and die to protect women... because women protect everything else. ~Andrew Klavan

"Once there was only dark. If you ask me, light is winning." ~Rust Cohle

Posts: 30297 | Location: Elv. 7,000 feet, Utah | Registered: October 29, 2012Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Just for the
hell of it
Picture of comet24
posted Hide Post
Looks like he points the gun at the cop. Lucky he's still alive.

Because in the end, you won’t remember the time you spent working in the office or mowing your lawn. Climb that goddamn mountain. Jack Kerouac

Posts: 16378 | Registered: March 27, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
safe & sound
Picture of a1abdj
posted Hide Post
Should the people inside the door stay inside, or come outside? They were ordered to do both by two different voices within a few second time span.

I think the actor with the gun is easier to see in the film version than the body cam version. Clearly pointed towards the approaching officers.

www.zykansafe.com

Posts: 15694 | Location: St. Charles, MO, USA | Registered: September 22, 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Do No Harm,
Do Know Harm
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Icabod:
Interesting version according to the movie company.

"Montgomery County Movies would first of all like to thank the Crawfordsville Police Department for their Hasty response to what they thought was a crime."

"Movie officials did not physically see what transpired outside the location, except for what was visible through the glass doors entering the establishment.

During the scene, a masked robber was suppose to flee the place after being intimidated by the patrons inside. Once outside,
quote:
from what witnesses could hear and see, the actor complied with the police, removed his mask, and a gunshot was fired."

http://www.thetruthaboutguns.c...ible-gun-owners-day/

I didn't watch any of the videos, but I'm guessing based on what yall are saying, this re-quoted quote is a bit of...shall we say, bullshit?

Knowing what one is talking about is widely admired but not strictly required here.

Although sometimes distracting, there is often a certain entertainment value to this easy standard.
-JALLEN

"All I need is a WAR ON DRUGS reference and I got myself a police thread BINGO." -jljones

Posts: 11446 | Location: NC | Registered: August 16, 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Coin Sniper
Picture of Rightwire
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by a1abdj:
Should the people inside the door stay inside, or come outside? They were ordered to do both by two different voices within a few second time span.

I think the actor with the gun is easier to see in the film version than the body cam version. Clearly pointed towards the approaching officers.

I think one of the voices was the actor outside.

Pronoun: His Royal Highness and benevolent Majesty of all he surveys

343 - Never Forget

Its better to be Pavlov's dog than Schrodinger's cat

There are three types of mistakes; Those you learn from, those you suffer from, and those you don't survive.

Posts: 37931 | Location: Above the snow line in Michigan | Registered: May 21, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of rmc85
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by comet24:
Looks like he points the gun at the cop. Lucky he's still alive.

He sure as heck did!!! He didn't just turn with it...he has the damn thing extended and pointed at the cop.

The actor is lucky the cop didn't do a mag dump on him.

Posts: 2997 | Location: FL | Registered: March 08, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post