SIGforum.com    Main Page  Hop To Forum Categories  The Lounge    Piers Morgan Has Surprised Me....robert deniro
Page 1 2 3 
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

Piers Morgan Has Surprised Me....robert deniro Login/Join 
אַרְיֵה
Picture of V-Tail
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by JALLEN:
One of the greatest actors of all time? Doing what?
De Niro was the villain in the 1990s remake of the 1960s classic Cape Fear.

Robert Mitchum did a way better job in the original.

הרחפת שלי מלאה בצלופחים

Posts: 30669 | Location: Central Florida, Orlando area | Registered: January 03, 2010Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of 71 TRUCK
posted Hide Post
The better President Trump does for the American people the more the left and world leaders lose their minds.
I guess he must be doing something right.
Keep up the great work President Trump.

The Second Amendment to the United States Constitution.

A well regulated militia being necessary to the security of a free state, the right of the people to keep and bear arms shall not be infringed.

As ratified by the States and authenticated by Thomas Jefferson, Secretary of State

NRA Life Member

Posts: 2571 | Location: Central Florida, south of the mouse | Registered: March 08, 2010Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of TigerDore
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by V-Tail:
De Niro was the villain in the 1990s remake of the 1960s classic Cape Fear.

As it turns out, he wasn't acting.

Posts: 8623 | Registered: September 26, 2013Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Just because you can,
doesn't mean you should
posted Hide Post
How can this be?
I thought all the A listers were leaving the country when Trump was elected.

Posts: 9513 | Location: NE GA | Registered: August 22, 2002Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Peace through
superior firepower
Picture of parabellum
posted Hide Post
Now they know how we felt when that propped-up fraud Obama was in office.

The difference between us and them is that we didn't lose our minds. We didn't try to negate the results of a legal election. We accepted the results of the election, got up, went to work and got on with our lives.

Grow up, children. Seriously. Get a grip. Try to behave as if you have basic coping skills when things happen that you don't like. Adults do this all the time. Maybe you can, too.

You're not doing yourself or your screwed-up cause any good with these public tantrums.

"I am your retribution." - Donald Trump, speech at CPAC, March 4, 2023

Posts: 107593 | Registered: January 20, 2000Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
One of the funniest and most absurd things these fools rant about is how were going to lose our democracy and Trumps gonna shred the constitution. No amount of government overreach or abuse of power sparked a shred of concern during Obama's terms. The constitution was outdated and worthless. But now the left is full of super patriots, fighting for freedom and the integrity of the piece of paper that old, racist white dudes wrote.

No one's life, liberty or property is safe while the legislature is in session.- Mark Twain

Posts: 3534 | Location: TX | Registered: October 08, 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Trump living rent free in their heads and they can’t get rid of him or even charge rent. Lol.

Posts: 4765 | Location: Florida Panhandle  | Registered: November 23, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
The truth is that most of these idiotic leftists in Hollywood have zero clue about what would or wouldn't "hurt" this country.
If they had this country exactly like they "think" they want it, they would be bitching about that too.
I will never forget one actor on video rambling on about how dangerous it would be to have Sarah Palin one step from the presidency, all the while wanting Joe Biden to be in that position.

I would be her I.Q. is 100 points higher than his.
What we are seeing is just what Sen. Joe was worried we would one day see, where these Hollywood leftists commies would use their fame for the doom of our Republic.

NRA Life Endowment member
Tri-State Gun collectors Life Member

Posts: 2794 | Location: Ohio | Registered: December 18, 2014Reply With QuoteReport This Post
It's not you,
it's me.
Picture of RAMIUS
posted Hide Post
I feel embarrassed for him and all the dumb muppets that felt the need to applaud.

Posts: 7016 | Location: Right outside Philly | Registered: September 08, 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Baroque Bloke
Picture of Pipe Smoker
posted Hide Post
Despite his gun control nuttiness, Piers Morgan was a staunch Trump advocate even before the election.

Serious about crackers

Posts: 8955 | Location: San Diego | Registered: July 26, 2014Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of downtownv
posted Hide Post
DiNiro's a washed up, has been but worshiped by the Hollywood set as some sort of God.
H'es resorted to basically stealing money , doing b movies like the Fokers for an outrages amount of money, to boot!

https://www.teampython.com

Posts: 8356 | Location: 18 miles long, 6 Miles at Sea | Registered: January 22, 2012Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of fpuhan
posted Hide Post
David Freddoso of the Washington Examiner reminds us that Donald Trump is really Hollywood's president.

Link.

Trump is a Hollywood celebrity. It’s an observation that bears repeating. It also cuts more than one way.

We now have a thrice-married, avowedly adulterous president who through his social media life extols self-expression over propriety and good manners. He has no shame about his sins and proudly publicizes them, against his family, the students of Trump University, and whomever else you like. He wastes no opportunity to promote himself. He is outspoken about issues he doesn’t understand. He places loyalty over integrity. He avoids reasoned debate in favor of getting emotional reactions out of people. He even gloats in private, with men he barely knows, about how when you’re famous you can grab the crotch of women you don’t even know, and they’ll like it.

In short, Trump really is Hollywood’s president.

He is the product of a trashy popular culture that has, over the long decades, run roughshod over America’s traditional values and culture. We owe people like De Niro for helping create Trump. It’s no accident that Trump's worst moment on tape was recorded while shooting “Access Hollywood” — he probably felt quite comfortable in that environment speaking as he did. As we have learned in recent months, he was just describing what Hollywood people do.

To be clear, Trump is not a Hollywood-scripted president. He is the furthest thing you could imagine from Josiah Bartlett or Dave Kovic. Look instead to Hollywood’s celebrity culture — to what that those writing and acting the scripts do behind the scenes when they’re not busy preaching to the rest of us about how to live.

Celebs who get angry about Trump may also not like his policies, and that’s perfectly fair. But I think they’re mostly terrified because they’ve seen their own monstrous image in the mirror.

Take De Niro, for example, who like Trump is a foul-mouthed hothead who spouts off about issues he doesn’t understand. Like Trump, he utterly lacks self-awareness. De Niro has recently praised the #MeToo moment and claimed he knew nothing about mogul Harvey Weinstein, whose predations were apparently on near-constant display at De Niro’s restaurant, the Tribeca Grill.

Speaking of which, I can find nothing in Lexis-Nexis from De Niro about his 1989 visit to Poland with his longtime personal friend, child rapist Roman Polanski. Maybe he'll address that sometime.

Anyway, when De Niro shouts, “Fuck Trump,” you are witnessing Hollywood’s Trumpian lack of self-awareness. Or rather, I should say that you’re getting an insight into where Trump gets it, from the same people whose decadeslong push against the bounds of human decency made something like a Trump presidency possible.

You can't truly call yourself "peaceful" unless you are capable of great violence. If you're not capable of great violence, you're not peaceful, you're harmless.

NRA Benefactor/Patriot Member

Posts: 2857 | Location: Peoples Republic of North Virginia | Registered: December 04, 2015Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of TigerDore
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by downtownv:
DiNiro's a washed up, has been but worshiped by the Hollywood set as some sort of God.

He's just a trained seal doing whatever tricks he needs to do to get applause.

Posts: 8623 | Registered: September 26, 2013Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Tinker Sailor Soldier Pie
Picture of Balzé Halzé
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Pipe Smoker:
Despite his gun control nuttiness, Piers Morgan was a staunch Trump advocate even before the election.

Yes. In fact, a negative Trump piece from Piers Morgan is what would be surprising. No one should be surprised by Piers writing another solid article on the side of President Trump. He has quite a few good ones.

He's still an anti gun douche though.

~Alan

Acta Non Verba
NRA Life Member (Patron)
God, Family, Guns, Country

Men will fight and die to protect women... because women protect everything else. ~Andrew Klavan

"Once there was only dark. If you ask me, light is winning." ~Rust Cohle

Posts: 30409 | Location: Elv. 7,000 feet, Utah | Registered: October 29, 2012Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by fpuhan:
Anyway, when De Niro shouts, “Fuck Trump,” you are witnessing Hollywood’s Trumpian lack of self-awareness. Or rather, I should say that you’re getting an insight into where Trump gets it, from the same people whose decadeslong push against the bounds of human decency made something like a Trump presidency possible.

Nailed it.

Just keep making Bad Grandpa movies Bob.

Posts: 14653 | Location: Wine Country | Registered: September 20, 2000Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Little ray
of sunshine
Picture of jhe888
posted Hide Post
I don't agree with Morgan on many things, but he has been supportive of Trump. And I also think he doesn't advocate bad and childish behavior of the kind DeNiro displayed no matter the political disagreement.

The fish is mute, expressionless. The fish doesn't think because the fish knows everything.

Posts: 53122 | Location: Texas | Registered: February 10, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
half-genius,
half-wit
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by 71 TRUCK:
The better President Trump does for the American people the more the left and world leaders lose their minds.
I guess he must be doing something right.
Keep up the great work President Trump.

As a guest on this forum I'd like to think that I'm permitted to offer this post my 100% support.

tac

Posts: 11323 | Location: UK, OR, ONT | Registered: July 10, 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Legalize the Constitution
Picture of TMats
posted Hide Post
[Actors] haven’t got a thought in their stupid bed-head hairdo mini brains.
- Jerry Seinfeld

Posts: 13260 | Location: Wyoming | Registered: January 10, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Crusty old
curmudgeon
Picture of Jimbo54
posted Hide Post
DeNiro was just screaming to his choir at the Tony's. He, however is so stupid and arrogant that he doesn't realize that he and his minions on the rabid left are doing more to get Trump re-elected with rage than anything Trump supporters can do. Keep it up assholes, you are helping to make America great again.

Jim

"If you can't be a good example, then you'll have to be a horrible warning" -Catherine Aird

Posts: 9791 | Location: The right side of Washington State | Registered: September 14, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of Lunasee
posted Hide Post
I personally don't give two shits what any Hollywood asshat thinks about the President or the government. They are literally over paid, out of touch clowns. They are so over paid that they no longer have a grasp what average Americans financial struggles are. Nothing that the economy does will effect their day to day lives.
A few of these idiots comments/actions are treasonous and should be investigated and prosecuted.
So my message to these ignorant actors, talk show hosts is just, STFU! You have no credibility and no one is listening. GFY's.

Posts: 527 | Location: Hillsboro, OR | Registered: January 09, 2011Reply With QuoteReport This Post