SIGforum.com    Main Page  Hop To Forum Categories  The Lounge    Colorado Springs woman puts injured bobcat in car with child
Page 1 2 
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

Colorado Springs woman puts injured bobcat in car with child Login/Join 
Lead slingin'
Parrot Head
Picture of Modern Day Savage
posted
[note that the actual news report with video and pictures along with story comments can be found at the link. The article seems to indicate that the Bobcat was too injured to respond to movement, but if you watch the news story video the CPW officer indicates that the Bobcat attempted to attack her when she removed it from the SUV.]

Colorado Springs woman puts injured bobcat in car with child

By: Andrew McMillan
Posted: Sep 19, 2019 11:13 AM MDT

Updated: Sep 19, 2019 11:03 PM MDT

COLORADO SPRINGS, Colo. - Colorado Parks and Wildlife sent out a warning that no matter how cute you might think it is, you should never pick up a wild animal.

According to CPW, a woman in Colorado Springs picked up the injured bobcat seen above and loaded it into her car, where her child was seated.

"Notice its large teeth? Imagine the claws within its big paws," CPW said in a tweet.

Parks and Wildlife said they removed the bobcat, which was mortally wounded and was too injured to react to being picked up and placed in the car. CPW added, "She was lucky."

A CPW district manager met up with the woman and found the 20-pound bobcat in the back of the SUV. The bobcat had severe internal injuries and paralyzed rear legs, according to CPW. The animal was euthanized.

If you see an injured wild animal, call Colorado Parks and Wildlife and let them handle it.

Posts: 7324 | Location: the Centennial state | Registered: August 21, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Dang, those bobcats are cute as hell. Until they open their mouth or extend their claws. The lady that picked the critter up couldn't be local, could she? I don't know anyone raised in my area (Utah/Idaho) that would even consider picking up a wounded wild animal.

Posts: 7546 | Registered: October 31, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Wait, what?
Picture of gearhounds
posted Hide Post
Common sense becomes less common every day. I love the stories where people do the same think with “dead” or injured deer that end up with holes kicked in their upholstery.

“Remember to get vaccinated or a vaccinated person might get sick from a virus they got vaccinated against because you’re not vaccinated.” - author unknown

Posts: 15561 | Location: Martinsburg WV | Registered: April 02, 2011Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Not really from Vienna
Picture of arfmel
posted Hide Post
CPS should probably put that woman’s child in foster care with people who are responsible adults.

Posts: 26895 | Location: Jerkwater, Texas | Registered: January 30, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
His diet consists of black
coffee, and sarcasm.
Picture of egregore
posted Hide Post
quote:
I love the stories where people do the same think with “dead” or injured deer that end up with holes kicked in their upholstery.

How ungrateful of them.

Posts: 27929 | Location: Johnson City, TN | Registered: April 28, 2012Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of PowerSurge
posted Hide Post
What’s even scarier than having a bobcat in the car is the fact that this woman is reproducing.

———————————————
The fool hath said in his heart, There is no God. Psalm 14:1

Posts: 3963 | Location: Northeast Georgia | Registered: November 18, 2017Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of erj_pilot
posted Hide Post
That’s a whole boatload of lucky right there. It would be interesting to know what the woman was actually thinking, but it’d probably be an extremely short conversation.

"If you’re a leader, you lead the way. Not just on the easy ones; you take the tough ones too…” – MAJ Richard D. Winters (1918-2011), E Company, 2nd Battalion, 506th Parachute Infantry Regiment, 101st Airborne

"Woe to those who call evil good, and good evil... Therefore, as tongues of fire lick up straw and as dry grass sinks down in the flames, so their roots will decay and their flowers blow away like dust; for they have rejected the law of the Lord Almighty and spurned the word of the Holy One of Israel." - Isaiah 5:20,24

Posts: 11066 | Location: NW Houston | Registered: April 04, 2012Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Some people should never reproduce. Poor kid was lucky and needs a better parent to live/learn from. What is it that people don't understand about "wild animal".

Posts: 6874 | Location: Treasure Coast,Fl. | Registered: July 04, 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
“It was so cute and helpless and injured! It was a cat, sort of. I HAD TO DO SOMETHING!!”

Posts: 1071 | Location: Cary NC | Registered: July 18, 2011Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Some years ago, a bomb was mailed to the home of an Ohio Supreme Court Justice.
Most of us would have gone into immediate Holy Shit mode and evacuated the house. Not the learned jurist. He tossed the bomb into his car and the drove it to the Courthouse!
Good thing he did not find a bobcat.

End of Earth: 2 Miles
Upper Peninsula: 4 Miles

Posts: 16070 | Location: Marquette MI | Registered: July 08, 2014Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Fourth line skater
Picture of goose5
posted Hide Post
Well, they're not very smart up there.

Posts: 7522 | Location: Pueblo, CO | Registered: July 03, 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of mcrimm
posted Hide Post
You can’tmake this stuff up. I know how a wounded dog can act to its loving owner. Imagine how a wounded wild cat could be.

I'm sorry if I hurt you feelings when I called you stupid - I thought you already knew - Unknown
When you have no future, you live in the past. " Sycamore Row" by John Grisham

Posts: 4223 | Location: Saddlebrooke, Arizona | Registered: December 24, 2013Reply With QuoteReport This Post
safe & sound
Picture of a1abdj
posted Hide Post
Years ago my older sister had friends who had gone on a road trip. They "rescued" a kitten that "somebody had abandoned" at some road side stop.

The vet had to explain it to them when they brought it in.

www.zykansafe.com

Posts: 15712 | Location: St. Charles, MO, USA | Registered: September 22, 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Too soon old,
too late smart
posted Hide Post
A friend was on his way into town from our deer lease when a buck slammed into the side of his truck. A couple of fellows on the same lease who had a history of being difficult to get along with happened to be following my friend. They assumed the buck had broken it’s neck, stopped and threw it into their cab over camper to take back to camp to butcher. Within the time it took to drive a couple of miles back to camp that deer shredded the interior of their nice camper.
That buck must have been a great judge of character.

Posts: 4757 | Location: Southern Texas | Registered: May 17, 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Peace through
superior firepower
Picture of parabellum
posted Hide Post
Ar least she wasn't in a muh'fuckin phone booth at the muh'fuckin Stop-N-Go

NSFMFW

Posts: 107507 | Registered: January 20, 2000Reply With QuoteReport This Post
No ethanol!
posted Hide Post
One of my all time favorites! Even after 20 years.... Big Grin Big Grin

"I tought he'z DEAD!

------------------
The plural of anecdote is not data. -Frank Kotsonis

Posts: 2008 | Location: Berks Co PA | Registered: December 20, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Friends step monster kept a bobcat as a pet. She insisted it was docile. They hated the damn thing because it was not tame or friendly.

Posts: 4277 | Location: Peoples Republic of Berkeley | Registered: June 12, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Six Days on the Road
Picture of vandrv
posted Hide Post

Posts: 759 | Location: The Boulevard of Broken Dreams | Registered: June 16, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Coin Sniper
Picture of Rightwire
posted Hide Post
I swear people are getting dumber every year.

Pronoun: His Royal Highness and benevolent Majesty of all he surveys

343 - Never Forget

Its better to be Pavlov's dog than Schrodinger's cat

There are three types of mistakes; Those you learn from, those you suffer from, and those you don't survive.

Posts: 37950 | Location: Above the snow line in Michigan | Registered: May 21, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
LIBERTATEM DEFENDIMUS
Picture of Belgian Blue
posted Hide Post
I don't think it's any worse than putting a pitbull in a car with a kid. People do that all the time here in Oklahoma.

Posts: 5415 | Registered: October 18, 2002Reply With QuoteReport This Post