SIGforum.com    Main Page  Hop To Forum Categories  The Lounge    Who here have AT&T or Yahoo email service?
Page 1 2 
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

Who here have AT&T or Yahoo email service? Login/Join 
Oriental Redneck
Picture of 12131
posted
We all know they are leftist corrupt media. Before you get on you email, you have to pass through their home page which is filled with commie propaganda. Once in great awhile, they will throw in a Fox News bone for conservatives. We used to be able to get on the articles' comment section to blast them. Even then, our comments are heavily censored. Apparently, too many Trump supporters have been getting on with their comments. So, now, they have put a stop to the comments altogether and make us take a survey.
quote:
Our goal is to create a safe and engaging place for users to connect over interests and passions. In order to improve our community experience, we are temporarily suspending article commenting. In the meantime, we welcome your feedback to help us enhance the experience.

Translation: We will ban all Trump supporters and create this on-line utopia so everyone can sing kumbaya.

Q

Posts: 26203 | Location: TEXAS | Registered: September 04, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Step by step walk the thousand mile road
Picture of Sig2340
posted Hide Post
I use AT&T and have since 1993. I was such an early user I have my name, my spouse's name, my kids name, the family name, my business name, my SIGforum username, and my now dead sister's name as email addresses.

I use Outlook or Thunderbird to collect it. I never have to see the AT&T website, except to hunt down the occasional real email that is getting sent straight to SPAM.

Nice is overrated

"It's every freedom-loving individual's duty to lie to the government."
Airsoftguy, June 29, 2018

Posts: 31378 | Location: Loudoun County, Virginia | Registered: May 17, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
I have it as well. About a week ago I somehow managed to bypass the page entirely when checking my email. I just do not remember exactly how I did that.

Posts: 17176 | Location: Stuck at home | Registered: January 02, 2015Reply With QuoteReport This Post
For real?
Picture of Chowser
posted Hide Post
I have both. I have my browser set to open one of my tabs to mail.yahoo.com and it’s always logged in so it goes straight to my inbox and I have all the accounts on the left side to switch to.

Not minority enough!

Posts: 7993 | Location: Cleveland, OH | Registered: August 09, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Yahoo e-mail got a lot slower and intrusive in the past few years. There's a Chrome extension adblocker for Yahoo e-mail that makes it more usable. For android, an app called Bluemail works much better than the Yahoo e-mail app.

Posts: 2358 | Registered: October 24, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of mark60
posted Hide Post
I noticed that crap on yahoo a couple days ago and had the same thought.

Posts: 3437 | Location: God Awful New York | Registered: July 01, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Peace through
superior firepower
Picture of parabellum
posted Hide Post
If you try to avoid this stuff with providers, you're gonna end up communicating by two Dixie cups connected by a string.

Posts: 107254 | Registered: January 20, 2000Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of fpuhan
posted Hide Post
I have Yahoo! through my Apple mail app. On my Mac, on my iPad, on my phone.

I never visit the Yahoo! web site.

You can't truly call yourself "peaceful" unless you are capable of great violence. If you're not capable of great violence, you're not peaceful, you're harmless.

NRA Benefactor/Patriot Member

Posts: 2857 | Location: Peoples Republic of North Virginia | Registered: December 04, 2015Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Dances With
Tornados
posted Hide Post
I have only 2 choices for home internet service, Cox and ATT. Both suck.

I used to be able to sign onto ATT email instead of Yahoo, but that has disappeared.

They suck. And in related news, I saw a story earlier today that their Direct TV division has lost almost another million subscribers during the 2nd quarter of this year.

They suck.

Always have.

Arrogant assholes.

Posts: 11812 | Registered: October 26, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of erj_pilot
posted Hide Post
Doc...I have mine set up like Chowser to go straight to my Yahoo! Inbox. I avoid their homepage drivel...

"If you’re a leader, you lead the way. Not just on the easy ones; you take the tough ones too…” – MAJ Richard D. Winters (1918-2011), E Company, 2nd Battalion, 506th Parachute Infantry Regiment, 101st Airborne

"Woe to those who call evil good, and good evil... Therefore, as tongues of fire lick up straw and as dry grass sinks down in the flames, so their roots will decay and their flowers blow away like dust; for they have rejected the law of the Lord Almighty and spurned the word of the Holy One of Israel." - Isaiah 5:20,24

Posts: 11052 | Location: NW Houston | Registered: April 04, 2012Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Muzzle flash
aficionado
Picture of flashguy
posted Hide Post
I have had a personal Yahoo e-mail account for about 20 years, and all my contacts, family and business, know it. I used to manage my e-mail using Outlook, but a year or so ago Yahoo mail stopped working with Outlook, so now I have to just deal with the host itself. I don't like it because it does not provide for having more than one message open at a time, a feature possible with Outlook. (I currently get around it by having 2 Yahoo Mail sessions open.) I have considered transferring to Thunderbird as my e-mail handler. I've been told it has similar features to Outlook and allows multiple messages to be open. I'm also told there is a way to transfer my archived messaged over from Outlook.

flashguy

Texan by choice, not accident of birth

Posts: 27902 | Location: Dallas, TX | Registered: May 08, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of Pyker
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by erj_pilot:
Doc...I have mine set up like Chowser to go straight to my Yahoo! Inbox. I avoid their homepage drivel...

This

Posts: 2763 | Location: Lake Country, Minnesota | Registered: September 06, 2019Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of erj_pilot
posted Hide Post
For anyone that cares to setup Yahoo e-mail in your version of Outlook, do a search online and get the instructions for your specific version of Outlook. I just got a wild hair this evening and found out how to set this up.

I have Outlook 2010, but the instructions I was using was for Outlook 2016 or 2019...Outlook failed to login to the Yahoo servers. Once I found the appropriate instructions for Outlook 2010, it kicked off in my Outlook client like clockwork.

For 2010, I had to go into my Yahoo settings under Account Security and request an APP password (at the bottom of the screen), which will be vastly different than your normal Yahoo e-mail password. Once I used that specific password to setup my Yahoo mail account in Outlook, it kicked off perfectly. And apparently, you will NEVER change that password in the Outlook account.

In the end, you'll have 2 Yahoo e-mail passwords...the APP password for your Yahoo account that you use to setup in Outlook and your "regular" Yahoo password for the web mail account. Hopefully that's clear as mud......

"If you’re a leader, you lead the way. Not just on the easy ones; you take the tough ones too…” – MAJ Richard D. Winters (1918-2011), E Company, 2nd Battalion, 506th Parachute Infantry Regiment, 101st Airborne

"Woe to those who call evil good, and good evil... Therefore, as tongues of fire lick up straw and as dry grass sinks down in the flames, so their roots will decay and their flowers blow away like dust; for they have rejected the law of the Lord Almighty and spurned the word of the Holy One of Israel." - Isaiah 5:20,24

Posts: 11052 | Location: NW Houston | Registered: April 04, 2012Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Set shortcut to mail.yahoo.com . You will only see the junk when you exit

Posts: 1397 | Registered: November 07, 2013Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Muzzle flash
aficionado
Picture of flashguy
posted Hide Post
When I try to generat an APP password for Outlook Desktop, it gnerates one for Outlook Android instead. That one doesn't seem to work.

ETA: Well, it does allow me to send messages, but the connection to the server gets interrupted when attempting to receive. I get a lot of messages, so that may be a problem.

flashguy

Texan by choice, not accident of birth

Posts: 27902 | Location: Dallas, TX | Registered: May 08, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Oriental Redneck
Picture of 12131
posted Hide Post
quote:
mail.yahoo.com

Done. Thanks!

Q

Posts: 26203 | Location: TEXAS | Registered: September 04, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
A teetotaling
beer aficionado
Picture of NavyGuy
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by flashguy:
I have had a personal Yahoo e-mail account for about 20 years, and all my contacts, family and business, know it. I used to manage my e-mail using Outlook, but a year or so ago Yahoo mail stopped working with Outlook, so now I have to just deal with the host itself. I don't like it because it does not provide for having more than one message open at a time, a feature possible with Outlook. (I currently get around it by having 2 Yahoo Mail sessions open.) I have considered transferring to Thunderbird as my e-mail handler. I've been told it has similar features to Outlook and allows multiple messages to be open. I'm also told there is a way to transfer my archived messaged over from Outlook.

flashguy

Do mine on Thunderbird. There is a bit of messing around to get Yahoo/att set up but there are online walk throughs. Been using this for 10+ years without issue and all the functionality I need.

Men fight for liberty and win it with hard knocks. Their children, brought up easy, let it slip away again, poor fools. And their grandchildren are once more slaves.

-D.H. Lawrence

Posts: 11524 | Location: Fort Worth, Texas | Registered: February 07, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of henryaz
posted Hide Post

I despise webmail, since even before it was chock full of ads. I have always used a desktop (or mobile device) client with either POP or IMAP. Personally I prefer POP (yes, it is not as convenient for multiple devices using the same account, but there are ways to make it work). In order, I have used Eudora, Thunderbird, Apple Mail (ugh), and now again back to Thunderbird. I will log into the webmail account once, to set any filter rules they might have. Basically, I tell it to pass all mail to me, including SPAM, because I want to see it for myself, and make my own filters locally in the desktop client. I like to look at SPAM messages occasionally (safely, viewing source), just to see what tricks they are up to these days.

When in doubt, mumble

Posts: 10778 | Location: South Congress AZ | Registered: May 27, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Go ahead punk, make my day
posted Hide Post
I have a yahoo account and have for decade. Make a shortcut to the mail inbox and you don't have to look at their shit when on my computer and on my iphone I never see it as I use the Mail app to see stuff.

Thought about changing it but it's like your phone number that everyone knows you as - yes you can change it but (1) is there a substantively better alternative and (2) is it worth the time and effort to switch?

Posts: 45798 | Registered: July 12, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Partial dichotomy
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Chowser:
I have both. I have my browser set to open one of my tabs to mail.yahoo.com and it’s always logged in so it goes straight to my inbox and I have all the accounts on the left side to switch to.

Me too.

SIGforum: For all your needs!
Imagine our influence if every gun owner in America was an NRA member! Click the box>>>

Posts: 38599 | Location: SC Lowcountry/Cape Cod | Registered: November 22, 2002Reply With QuoteReport This Post