SIGforum.com    Main Page  Hop To Forum Categories  The Lounge    Who here have AT&T or Yahoo email service?
Page 1 2 
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

Who here have AT&T or Yahoo email service? Login/Join 
Baroque Bloke
Picture of Pipe Smoker
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by henryaz:

I despise webmail, since even before it was chock full of ads. I have always used a desktop (or mobile device) client with either POP or IMAP. Personally I prefer POP (yes, it is not as convenient for multiple devices using the same account, but there are ways to make it work). In order, I have used Eudora, Thunderbird, Apple Mail (ugh), and now again back to Thunderbird. I will log into the webmail account once, to set any filter rules they might have. Basically, I tell it to pass all mail to me, including SPAM, because I want to see it for myself, and make my own filters locally in the desktop client. I like to look at SPAM messages occasionally (safely, viewing source), just to see what tricks they are up to these days.

Ditto. I want an email service that I can live with forever. I have many dozens of accounts that have my email address as my user name. I dread the thought of having to change them.

I’ve used FastMail.com since 2001. $25/year for my (very adequate) service level. Supports IMAP & POP3 for downloads. SMTP for uploads. Like Henry, I prefer the simple POP3 protocol, which I use for the email client on my Mac.

On my iPhone, I use FastMail’s excellent web interface. It’s so good that folks watching me use it would think it was an email client.

FastMail is super reliable, has excellent spam filters, and supports email alias addresses too.

Serious about crackers

Posts: 8851 | Location: San Diego | Registered: July 26, 2014Reply With QuoteReport This Post
I'm not laughing
WITH you
Picture of Rolan_Kraps
posted Hide Post

I use Outlook to access my ATT/Yahoo mail and never have an issue with their content.

Rolan Kraps
SASS Regulator
Gainesville, Georgia.
NRA Range Safety Officer
NRA Certified Instructor - Pistol / Personal Protection Inside the Home

Posts: 23577 | Location: Gainesville, GA | Registered: October 11, 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Muzzle flash
aficionado
Picture of flashguy
posted Hide Post
Reporting on my earlier post. I did the APP password thing and Outlook is now uploading all my backlog from Yahoo Mail. I don't know if my Inbox will be able to hold it--I usually go through and prune it every month or two.

flashguy

Texan by choice, not accident of birth

Posts: 27902 | Location: Dallas, TX | Registered: May 08, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of az4783054
posted Hide Post
yahoo and their stinking news partner huff post are for liberals and America haters. I've long suspected that much of the commentary doesn't even come from within the US.

I got tired of the yahoo e-mail page videos long ago so I it set up to automatically send my yahoo e-mail to outlook/msn. It's slower but no ads and no video.

Posts: 11194 | Location: Somewhere north of a hot humid hell in the summer. | Registered: January 09, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Muzzle flash
aficionado
Picture of flashguy
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by flashguy:
Reporting on my earlier post. I did the APP password thing and Outlook is now uploading all my backlog from Yahoo Mail. I don't know if my Inbox will be able to hold it--I usually go through and prune it every month or two.

flashguy
ETA: The Inbox did eventually accept the 35,000 backlogged messages (!) and grew to an enormous size. After some very tedious pruning (!) I have reduced the contents to about 2200 messages and a size of only 200MB. Outlook should function quite reliably with an Inbox that small (I hope).

flashguy

Posts: 27902 | Location: Dallas, TX | Registered: May 08, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of erj_pilot
posted Hide Post
^^^^^
Hoooolllleeeeeee CRAP!! Eek 35,000?!?!

"If you’re a leader, you lead the way. Not just on the easy ones; you take the tough ones too…” – MAJ Richard D. Winters (1918-2011), E Company, 2nd Battalion, 506th Parachute Infantry Regiment, 101st Airborne

"Woe to those who call evil good, and good evil... Therefore, as tongues of fire lick up straw and as dry grass sinks down in the flames, so their roots will decay and their flowers blow away like dust; for they have rejected the law of the Lord Almighty and spurned the word of the Holy One of Israel." - Isaiah 5:20,24

Posts: 11052 | Location: NW Houston | Registered: April 04, 2012Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of 19tass
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by erj_pilot:
Doc...I have mine set up like Chowser to go straight to my Yahoo! Inbox. I avoid their homepage drivel...

Same here.

Posts: 1204 | Location: Southern Illinois | Registered: November 17, 2018Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Muzzle flash
aficionado
Picture of flashguy
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by erj_pilot:
^^^^^
Hoooolllleeeeeee CRAP!! Eek 35,000?!?!
Yeah, and that was just since last December. I don't delete messages from Yahoo Mail very often -- I like the option to go back and fetch something I've mistakenly deleted from Outlook.

flashguy