SIGforum.com    Main Page  Hop To Forum Categories  The Lounge    The despicable, fascist Media Matters is going after Tucker Carlson again
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

The despicable, fascist Media Matters is going after Tucker Carlson again Login/Join 
Tinker Sailor Soldier Pie
Picture of Balzé Halzé
posted
Media Matters won't rest until every Fox News or conservative pundit is silenced.

Tucker Carlson refuses to apologize amid uproar over past comments on 'extremely primitive' women
WILLIAM CUMMINGS | USA TODAY

Fox News host Tucker Carlson refused to apologize after clips from old radio interviews in which Carlson made controversial remarks about women and child rape were circulated on social media Sunday.

Media Matters, a self-described "progressive media watchdog," published clips and transcripts from appearances Carlson made between 2006 and 2011 on a popular shock-jock radio program called "Bubba the Love Sponge."

In two appearances, Carlson jokingly downplayed the crimes of cult leader – and convicted child sex offender – Warren Jeffs. In other clips, he calls women "extremely primitive," says he feels "sorry for unattractive women," uses the c-word to describe two women, calls one woman a "pig" and refers to two other women as "whores."

In unearthed audio, Tucker Carlson makes numerous misogynistic and perverted comments https://t.co/g2xDnIk7N3 pic.twitter.com/TO3os8RjsM

— Media Matters (@mmfa) March 10, 2019
A defiant Carlson addressed the audio clips in a statement Sunday night, just hours after the Media Matters story ran.

pic.twitter.com/rZdchBXrG2

— Tucker Carlson (@TuckerCarlson) March 11, 2019
"Media Matters caught me saying something naughty on a radio show more than a decade ago," he said. "Rather than express the usual ritual contrition, how about this: I’m on television every weeknight live for an hour. If you want to know what I think, you can watch. Anyone who disagrees with my views is welcome to come on and explain why."

Thanks to Twitter, people who were upset by his views did not have to wait to appear on his show to explain why they were outraged.

Appreciate @TuckerCarlson welcoming me to come on his @FoxNews show, but explaining all the things he’s wrong about in terms that he might be able to comprehend will take at least a week’s worth of episodes ... but I’m game. https://t.co/HCCv8pyrUm

— Col. Morris Davis (@ColMorrisDavis) March 11, 2019
"Shame on you. You have daughters," tweeted actress and MeToo movement advocate Alyssa Milano.

Hey, @TuckerCarlson. Shame on you. You have daughters. https://t.co/HX5ePEMgCN

— Alyssa Milano (@Alyssa_Milano) March 11, 2019
Defending and justifying adults sexually assaulting children is not "naughty" -- it's abhorrent

Tucker makes clear with this statement that HE REGRETS NOTHING https://t.co/QPNmHNQ4Q8

— Judd Legum (@JuddLegum) March 11, 2019
There aren’t enough words to describe how vile of a human Tucker Carlson is.

— Carlos Maza (@gaywonk) March 11, 2019
Let me know when you want me on your show to tell you that sex with underage girls is wrong and being a misogynistic man is wrong as well.

— Tony Posnanski (@tonyposnanski) March 11, 2019
TUCKER CARLSON: This stuff Joe Biden said in 1975 is a big problem!

TUCKER CARLSON 2 DAYS LATER: Who can be held responsible for stuff they said a decade ago? (h/t @JordanUhl) pic.twitter.com/4mkb7LFFZS

— Aaron Rupar (@atrupar) March 11, 2019
Several commenters called for boycotts of the companies that advertise during Carlson's show and others called for his outright firing.

These are some of Tucker Carlson’s sponsors: @JennyCraig, @SamsungUS, and @Bayer. Their continued support of his show is an implicit endorsement of his contempt for women, minorities, and diverse races. That’s their choice. Ours is to boycott their products. #ProtectTheTruth

— Ken Olin (@kenolin1) March 11, 2019
Does defending child rape violate a moral turpitude clause in a person's contract? #TuckerCarlson

— Nadine van der Velde (@nadinevdVelde) March 11, 2019
Would any advertiser on @foxnews permit their CEO or other executive officers to behave like dirtbag @TuckerCarlson? The answer is “NO.” If they do not demand his firing NOW, they are condoning his conduct. It is time for him to be fired - immediately.

— Michael Avenatti (@MichaelAvenatti) March 11, 2019
Carlson also had many defenders on social media, including President Donald Trump's eldest son, Donald Trump Jr., who said "the left" is "going after" Carlson because "he's effective at destroying their agenda."

For comments made on the “Bubba The Love Sponge” show. Obviously a serious policy show where no satire would be made.

The left is not going after @TuckerCarlson for any reason other then he’s effective at destroying their agenda. That’s what they do. https://t.co/ExtAY86q5i

— Donald Trump Jr. (@DonaldJTrumpJr) March 11, 2019
Actress Alana Stewart said Media Matters "only targets conservative hosts."

Just wondering if Media Matters is going to go through all the hosts on @CNN & @MSNBC for any discrepancies in their past. Oh, and what about @BillMaher? Funny, @mmfa only targets conservative hosts like #TuckerCarlson & bullies their sponsors.

— Alana Stewart (@AlanaKStewart) March 11, 2019

https://www.usatoday.com/story...k-uproar/3127666002/

~Alan

Acta Non Verba
NRA Life Member (Patron)
God, Family, Guns, Country

Men will fight and die to protect women... because women protect everything else. ~Andrew Klavan

"Once there was only dark. If you ask me, light is winning." ~Rust Cohle

Posts: 30557 | Location: Elv. 7,000 feet, Utah | Registered: October 29, 2012Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Official forum
SIG Pro
enthusiast
Picture of stickman428
posted Hide Post
Liberals and their double standards are absolutely infuriating. They can do whatever hey want while still claiming the moral high ground all while their 24\7 propaganda outlets on the TV reinforce their hypocrisy.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

The price of liberty and even of common humanity is eternal vigilance

Posts: 21168 | Location: San Dimas CA, the Old Dominion or the Tar Heel State…flip a coin  | Registered: April 16, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Ammoholic
Picture of Skins2881
posted Hide Post
quote:
"Rather than express the usual ritual contrition, how about this: I’m on television every weeknight live for an hour. If you want to know what I think, you can watch. Anyone who disagrees with my views is welcome to come on and explain why."

Best way one could respond to something like this.

Jesse

Sic Semper Tyrannis

Posts: 20922 | Location: Loudoun County, Virginia | Registered: December 27, 2014Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Coin Sniper
Picture of Rightwire
posted Hide Post
Want to go back in time... fine. We can do that.

How many members of the Democratic party were members of the KKK

How many members of the Democratic party openly supported segregation and Jim Crow laws?

How many members of the Democratic party actively opposed the liberal rights movement?

How many members of the Democratic Party come from families who owned slaves?

How many members of the Democratic Party have been charged with voter fraud/collusion/intimidation?

How many members of the Democratic Party have taken bribes or mishandled campaign funds?

Show me the hypocrisy

Pronoun: His Royal Highness and benevolent Majesty of all he surveys

343 - Never Forget

Its better to be Pavlov's dog than Schrodinger's cat

There are three types of mistakes; Those you learn from, those you suffer from, and those you don't survive.

Posts: 38050 | Location: Above the snow line in Michigan | Registered: May 21, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
I feel sorry for all of the people on the left. They're the most morally pure and wholesome folks on the planet, it must be so hard to hear all of the nasty, vile hate speech that spews from conservatives. Thank goodness they'd never stoop that low.

No one's life, liberty or property is safe while the legislature is in session.- Mark Twain

Posts: 3572 | Location: TX | Registered: October 08, 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Gracie Allen is my
personal savior!
posted Hide Post
It sounds like he's figured out that he has no reason to GAF any more now that cretins have mobbed his home and stalked his daughter in a restaurant bar.

Posts: 27295 | Location: Deep in the heart of the brush country, and closing on that #&*%!?! roadrunner. Really. | Registered: February 05, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Get my pies
outta the oven!

Picture of PASig
posted Hide Post
I was especially disgusted by him talking about a "woman enjoying intercourse with her man — as she fantasizes being raped by 3 men simultaneously."

...oh wait

that would be Comrade Bernie. Roll Eyes

Posts: 34054 | Location: Pennsylvania | Registered: November 12, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Bad dog!
Picture of justjoe
posted Hide Post
They can't win the arguments. So they want to shut it all down. Sic semper tyrannis.

"You get much farther with a kind word and a gun than with a kind word alone."

Posts: 11123 | Location: pennsylvania | Registered: June 05, 2011Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by justjoe:
They can't win the arguments. So they want to shut it all down. Sic semper tyrannis.

Exactly, and Tammy Bruce explains this quite succinctly to Tucker last night. She nails it. The link is to the video clip (about 5 mins).

Posts: 3508 | Location: Lehigh Valley, PA | Registered: March 27, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Step by step walk the thousand mile road
Picture of Sig2340
posted Hide Post
I understand Tucker is changing the theme song for his show to this:

Nice is overrated

"It's every freedom-loving individual's duty to lie to the government."
Airsoftguy, June 29, 2018

Posts: 31551 | Location: Loudoun County, Virginia | Registered: May 17, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of olfuzzy
posted Hide Post
More salt in the wound. They are a tax exempt org. Roll Eyes

https://projects.propublica.or...3149349300835/IRS990

Posts: 5181 | Location: 20 miles north of hell | Registered: November 07, 2012Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Tucker is one of the few sane voices talking about both illegal and legal immigration, and that is the main reason the Marxists want him gone. In light of the latest release from Media Matters I hope FNC continues to support him, but I have my doubts.

https://www.washingtonpost.com...estant-latest-audio/

-------------------------------
Inside every progressive is a totalitarian screaming to get out.
- David Horowitz

Posts: 5190 | Location: WI | Registered: July 02, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Tinker Sailor Soldier Pie
Picture of Balzé Halzé
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by olfuzzy:
More salt in the wound. They are a tax exempt org. Roll Eyes

They are in obvious violaion of this. Hopefully the IRS will be taking a look at them and reconsidering.

Just a vile, hateful organization.

~Alan

Acta Non Verba
NRA Life Member (Patron)
God, Family, Guns, Country

Men will fight and die to protect women... because women protect everything else. ~Andrew Klavan

"Once there was only dark. If you ask me, light is winning." ~Rust Cohle

Posts: 30557 | Location: Elv. 7,000 feet, Utah | Registered: October 29, 2012Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Lawyers, Guns
and Money
Picture of chellim1
posted Hide Post
WaPo Runs Glowing Profile Of Media Matters Researcher Who Dug Up Tucker Tapes

The Washington Post ran an adulatory profile Thursday of the Media Matters researcher who dug up old shock jock radio tapes of Fox News host Tucker Carlson and minimized the left-wing organization’s influence on the media landscape.

Carlson, co-founder of The Daily Caller, argued on his Fox News show that he is a victim of “the great American outrage machine,” referring to the organized left-wing boycotts of his advertisers and the calls for him to be fired. WaPo, however, claimed Carlson believes he is the victim of the young woman who found the tapes and sought to compare Carlson’s relative influence to her.

“In reality, credit for the tapes’ publication is due to Peltz: a 20-something in her first adult job who lives in the basement of a D.C. house she rents with five other people, a few cats and a dog named Noodles,” WaPo’s Eli Rosenberg writes.

“I’m not like some high-power-wielding globalist,” Peltz told WaPo. “I’m this kid who’s been on the Internet my whole life and knows how to get around it.”

WaPo also responds to Carlson’s point that Media Matters is partially funded by left-wing billionaire George Soros, arguing that the organization has not been funded by Soros in “many years.” Soros last donated to Media Matters in 2014. Yet Carlson’s radio interviews, which took place between 2006 and 2011, are described by WaPo as his “recent past.”

In addition, WaPo takes issue with Carlson’s attacks on the Southern Poverty Law Center (SPLC), suggesting that the SPLC must be credible because it is “used widely by media organizations.” The SPLC, however, regularly identifies mainstream conservative persons and groups as bigots. In June 2018, SPLC paid out millions to a group because it falsely labeled the group founders as “anti-Muslim extremists.” (RELATED: Southern Poverty Law Center Pays Out Millions To Group It Falsely Labeled Bigoted)

WaPo completely glosses over The Daily Caller News Foundation’s publication of old blog posts from Media Matters President Angelo Carusone on Wednesday that contain offensive terms like “trannies,” “Japs,” and “Jewry.” Rosenberg allows Carusone to wave away the allegations of hypocrisy over his targeting of Carlson and accepts wholesale Carusone’s claim that his old posts were “intended as satire.”

WaPo writes that Carusone’s posts were a “parody” of right-wingers, but as the DCNF’s Peter Hasson explains in a Thursday article, Carusone’s explanation doesn’t match the larger tone of his blog, which frequently contained attacks on Republicans and promotions of left-wing political positions.

https://www.dailycaller.com/20...ters-tucker-carlson/

"Some things are apparent. Where government moves in, community retreats, civil society disintegrates and our ability to control our own destiny atrophies. The result is: families under siege; war in the streets; unapologetic expropriation of property; the precipitous decline of the rule of law; the rapid rise of corruption; the loss of civility and the triumph of deceit. The result is a debased, debauched culture which finds moral depravity entertaining and virtue contemptible."
-- Justice Janice Rogers Brown

"The United States government is the largest criminal enterprise on earth."
-rduckwor

Posts: 24260 | Location: St. Louis, MO | Registered: April 03, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Too old to run,
too mean to quit!
posted Hide Post
quote:
TUCKER CARLSON 2 DAYS LATER: Who can be held responsible for stuff they said a decade ago? (h/t @JordanUhl) pic.twitter.com/4mkb7LFFZS

Simple answer: White conservative males.

Elk

There has never been an occasion where a people gave up their weapons in the interest of peace that didn't end in their massacre. (Louis L'Amour)

"To compel a man to furnish contributions of money for the propagation of opinions which he disbelieves and abhors, is sinful and tyrannical. "
-Thomas Jefferson

"America is great because she is good. If America ceases to be good, America will cease to be great." Alexis de Tocqueville

FBHO!!!

The Idaho Elk Hunter

Posts: 25647 | Location: Virginia | Registered: December 16, 2001Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of Ozarkwoods
posted Hide Post
George Soros funded Media Matters at it again!

ΜΟΛΩΝ ΛΑΒΕ

Posts: 4862 | Location: SWMO | Registered: October 20, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post