SIGforum.com    Main Page  Hop To Forum Categories  The Lounge    Attention SigForumites: This is where you go for weather!
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

Attention SigForumites: This is where you go for weather! Login/Join 
Picture of JJexp
posted
Inspired by the recent snowfall in Texas, which surprised our resident Texans:

quote:
Originally posted by mr kablammo

The snow is an heck of surprise. No forecast on KLBJ/WOAI. And the accumulation on the parked cars in my area is 3~4 inches. Dayumn.

and

quote:
Originally posted by JALLEN:
We looked outside about 7 pm to let a cat come in, and it was snowing!

I decided ya’ll need a more reliable source than your local tv weather yokel. So, here I present: AviationWeather.gov

Just enter ya’ll’s zip code in the upper left corner, and you too can know what we’ve all known for the last four days! Wink

Posts: 451 | Location: Hatboro, PA | Registered: May 25, 2016Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Drill Here, Drill Now
Picture of tatortodd
posted Hide Post
It's not snowing here, but it'll be hovering at freezing plus it's raining.

This evening, I harvested 2 bushels of tomatoes and tomatillos that weren't ripe yet. A few days ago, it looked like we were good past Christmas which would've been ideal. Mine will ripen but it won't be the same as vine ripened.

Ego is the anesthesia that deadens the pain of stupidity

DISCLAIMER: These are the author's own personal views and do not represent the views of the author's employer.

Posts: 23220 | Location: Northern Suburbs of Houston | Registered: November 14, 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Too soon old,
too late smart
posted Hide Post
The dog came back in a few minutes ago with a dusting of snow on her back here in Conroe.

Posts: 4757 | Location: Southern Texas | Registered: May 17, 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Take the risk or
lose the chance
posted Hide Post
I'm a weather freak....thanks for the link JJ.

----------------------------------------
“The further a society drifts from truth, the more it will hate those who speak it.”

Posts: 1475 | Location: RR12 | Registered: February 17, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
I believe in the
principle of
Due Process
Picture of JALLEN
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by JJexp:
Inspired by the recent snowfall in Texas, which surprised our resident Texans:

quote:
Originally posted by mr kablammo

The snow is an heck of surprise. No forecast on KLBJ/WOAI. And the accumulation on the parked cars in my area is 3~4 inches. Dayumn.

and

quote:
Originally posted by JALLEN:
We looked outside about 7 pm to let a cat come in, and it was snowing!

I decided ya’ll need a more reliable source than your local tv weather yokel. So, here I present: AviationWeather.gov

Just enter ya’ll’s zip code in the upper left corner, and you too can know what we’ve all known for the last four days! Wink

How so? Forecasted this 4 days ago?

I use Storm on my iPad, very satisfactorily. It suffers the same limitations as all forecasts, mostly accurate but not always. Pretty good presentation graphically.

Luckily, I have enough willpower to control the driving ambition that rages within me.

When you had the votes, we did things your way. Now, we have the votes and you will be doing things our way. This lesson in political reality from Lyndon B. Johnson

"Some things are apparent. Where government moves in, community retreats, civil society disintegrates and our ability to control our own destiny atrophies. The result is: families under siege; war in the streets; unapologetic expropriation of property; the precipitous decline of the rule of law; the rapid rise of corruption; the loss of civility and the triumph of deceit. The result is a debased, debauched culture which finds moral depravity entertaining and virtue contemptible." - Justice Janice Rogers Brown

Posts: 48369 | Location: Texas hill country | Registered: July 04, 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Only the strong survive
Picture of 41
posted Hide Post

Posts: 11828 | Location: Herndon, VA | Registered: June 11, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of Sock Eating Golden
posted Hide Post
I spend more time on AviationWeather.gov than I can to think about.

This is the link to the weather I watch every day. And yes, I prefer it coded. I'd like to smack everyone who says METARs are outdated and it should be provided in plain english. Coded, I can check the weather at sixteen airports in just a glance.

And if I want to see the forecast for the next 30 hours.

Nick

"I cannot imagine any condition which would cause a ship to founder. I cannot conceive of any vital disaster happening to this vessel. Modern shipbuilding has gone beyond that."
-Capt. Edward Smith

Posts: 5795 | Location: NE Ohio | Registered: November 17, 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Free radical
scavenger
Picture of rh
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by elde:
I'm a weather freak...

Well then, I virtually gift you https://www.windytv.com/

Posts: 1140 | Registered: April 02, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
We gonna get some
oojima in this house!
Picture of smithnsig
posted Hide Post
Well, it's 37 degrees windy and raining here. My wife's friend is staying with us for a few weeks. She lives in Vancouver, BC. It's colder here than there. She's getting a kick out of that. We were in shorts last week.

50/50 chance of snow and ice tonight. Going to get in to the 20's. A chance of precipitation overlap. That's big for us.

We had an ice storm a couple of years ago that completely covered my truck with ice. Not frost, thick, clear ice. It had icicles that went to the ground.

-----------------------------------------------------------
TCB all the time...

Posts: 6501 | Location: Cantonment/Perdido Key, Florida | Registered: September 28, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
אַרְיֵה
Picture of V-Tail
posted Hide Post
Forecast is for 58 tomorrow afternoon.

I was planning to go to the range, but I'm not sure I want to freeze my ass off, shooting outdoors when the temperature is below 70.

הרחפת שלי מלאה בצלופחים

Posts: 30647 | Location: Central Florida, Orlando area | Registered: January 03, 2010Reply With QuoteReport This Post