SIGforum.com    Main Page  Hop To Forum Categories  The Lounge    You have 3 weeks to solve this riddle to win this **P228** ----> ***Winner = nshumway***
Page 1 2 3 4 ... 17
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

You have 3 weeks to solve this riddle to win this **P228** ----> ***Winner = nshumway*** Login/Join 
Oriental Redneck
Picture of 12131
posted
Are you up to the challenge? I do think this one is even harder than the previous Bible riddle and the Jesus of Nazareth movie question. Big Grin
But, I know SF people are the smartest and most insightful beings in the entire universe. So, someone might get it right. Razz

* Four friends, a longhorn, a tiger, a cougar, and a bear, what do they in common with the orangutan? How are they related to the orangutan? *

There's only one correct answer, and it is very specific. First person to get it right wins.

Rules: There are none. Consult whatever resources you wish. Work with one another if you like. Take as many stabs at answering as you care to.
Game ends on December 24th. If no one gets the correct answer, I'll let the Karmanator pick one of you losers. Razz

Again, since it is a challenge, I will be sprinkling clues along the way.
*Clue #1*: You will not find the answer outside the US.
*Clue #2*: TEXAS.
*Clue #3*: HOUSTON.
*Clue #4*: EDUCATION.
*Clue #5*: MASCOTS. Yes, mascots. So, if you're thinking zoo, you're way off. Here's another hint. Each successive clue is supposed to help you narrow things down. Wink
*Clue #6*: The orangutan (aka Oriental Redneck, aka 12131) ---> BS - UofH Cougars. Man, I'm making it too easy for y'all. Razz
(You have to match the institution with the mascot, as above.)
*Clue #7*: The tiger ain't TSU, and the bear ain't Baylor. Eek
*Final clue*: The orangutan came to the good old US of A when he was 15. He's now 57. Somebody better get this, now. Smile

The prize: This FrankenP228.
The back story. The frame actually originally belonged to a Legacy P229. I sold the P229 slide. I have a P228 upper (slide and barrel) that CCR refinished in the original CPII Dusk. Very interestingly, it turned out to be unique, because my P228 slide's "battle worn" look was the only one CCR turned out. Every other CPII Dusk gun has the uniform black look. After I notified CCR of my gun's appearance, they were not satisfied with this look, so they went back to the drawing board and recently came out with the new CPII Dusk. So, the winner will be owning a unique P228. Cool

This message has been edited. Last edited by: 12131,

Q

Posts: 26205 | Location: TEXAS | Registered: September 04, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Page late and a dollar short
posted Hide Post
All mammals? Born one per gestation>

-------------------------------------——————
————————--Ignorance is a powerful tool if applied at the right time, even, usually, surpassing knowledge(E.J.Potter, A.K.A. The Michigan Madman)

Posts: 8067 | Location: Livingston County Michigan USA | Registered: August 11, 2002Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Nullus Anxietas
Picture of ensigmatic
posted Hide Post
They are all God's creatures.

"America is at that awkward stage. It's too late to work within the system,,,, but too early to shoot the bastards." -- Claire Wolfe
"If we let things terrify us, life will not be worth living." -- Seneca the Younger, Roman Stoic philosopher

Posts: 26009 | Location: S.E. Michigan | Registered: January 06, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Short. Fat. Bald.
Costanzaesque.

Picture of TexasScrub
posted Hide Post

Posts: 1979 | Location: Victoria, TX | Registered: February 11, 2012Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Eating elephants
one bite at a time
Picture of ffips
posted Hide Post
The longhorn, cougar, tiger, and bear are all mascots to schools you the orangutan attended.

Posts: 3572 | Location: in the southwest Atlanta metro area | Registered: September 10, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of 2BobTanner
posted Hide Post
Mascots of colleges/university located in cities that the Orangutan has lived/worked.

---------------------
LGBFJB

"Sometimes I wonder whether the world is being run by smart people who are putting us on, or by imbeciles who really mean it." — Mark Twain

“Democracy is the theory that the common people know what they want, and deserve to get it good and hard.” — H. L. Mencken

Posts: 2692 | Location: Falls of the Ohio River, Kain-tuk-e | Registered: January 13, 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Cut and plug
posted Hide Post
The mascots of the schools your children attended?

Posts: 1145 | Location: DFW | Registered: January 12, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Master of one hand
pistol shooting
Picture of Hamden106
posted Hide Post
They were all in an Eastwood movie.

No?

Dang...

SIGnature
NRA Benefactor CMP Pistol Distinguished

Posts: 6295 | Location: Oregon | Registered: September 01, 2001Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of JJexp
posted Hide Post
quote:
Four friends, a longhorn, a tiger, a cougar, and a bear, what do they in common with the orangutan? How are they related to the orangutan?

A player from each of those teams was banging the Orangutan's wife.

Posts: 451 | Location: Hatboro, PA | Registered: May 25, 2016Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of ACTEG
posted Hide Post
Texas longhorns,
Baylor bears,
Houston cougars,
Texas southern tigers

All Texas schools that you attended

Schools that your kids/family go to?

Posts: 3584 | Registered: March 04, 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Rail-less
and
Tail-less
posted Hide Post
Ok how about they are all either college mascots or almost college mascots (the Syracuse Orange did flirt with the idea of having an orangutan as their mascot.)

Posts: 13190 | Location: Charlotte, NC | Registered: May 07, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Info Guru
Picture of BamaJeepster
posted Hide Post
They are the nicknames of the schools attended by your 4 best friends.

“Facts are stubborn things; and whatever may be our wishes, our inclinations, or the dictates of our passions, they cannot alter the state of facts and evidence.”
- John Adams

Posts: 29408 | Location: In the red hinterlands of Deep Blue VA | Registered: June 29, 2001Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Rail-less
and
Tail-less
posted Hide Post
They are all sexy beasts just like you?

Posts: 13190 | Location: Charlotte, NC | Registered: May 07, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Honky Lips
Picture of FenderBender
posted Hide Post
those are the four schools your siblings went to.

Posts: 8144 | Registered: July 24, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
No Compromise
posted Hide Post
I don't have a dog in this fight, Q. But I just want to say, you sir, are a class act! You continue to out do yourself in feats of generosity.

Please don't include me as I've already won more karma this year than any one person should, (from you, no less!)

May all of your kindness come back to you!

H&K-Guy

Posts: 3720 | Registered: April 08, 2002Reply With QuoteReport This Post
"Member"
Picture of cas
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by 12131:

* Four friends, a longhorn, a tiger, a cougar, and a bear, what do they in common with the orangutan? How are they related to the orangutan? *

Posts: 21053 | Location: 18th & Fairfax  | Registered: May 17, 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post
War Damn Eagle!
Picture of Snake207
posted Hide Post
Alma Maters of your Godparents.

Posts: 12537 | Location: Realville | Registered: June 27, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Mascots of schools where you applied/were accepted to for med school??

Posts: 2156 | Location: St. Louis | Registered: January 28, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Conveniently located directly
above the center of the Earth
Picture of signewt
posted Hide Post
....this can't be somehow related to the possum/liquor store/bourbon story....
http://www.pennlive.com/nation...ncart_river_home_pop

and a parable of 'casting your pearls before non-swines'...Matthew 7:6

**************~~~~~~~~~~
"I've been on this rock too long to bother with these liars any more."
~SIGforum advisor~
"When the pain of staying the same outweighs the pain of change, then change will come."~~sigmonkey

Posts: 9849 | Location: sunny Orygun | Registered: September 27, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
stupid beyond
all belief
Picture of Deqlyn
posted Hide Post
They are all animals that rip or bite human's faces off.

Please send Franken sig to Care of....

What man is a man that does not make the world better. -Balian of Ibelin

Only boring people get bored. - Ruth Burke

Posts: 8227 | Registered: September 13, 2012Reply With QuoteReport This Post