SIGforum.com    Main Page  Hop To Forum Categories  The Lounge    CCS Medical, Durable Medical Goods Supplies, CCS Performance ?
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

CCS Medical, Durable Medical Goods Supplies, CCS Performance ? Login/Join 
posted
Do any forum members deal with CCS Medical, Florida based, and if so any issues?
They have been a big problem for me, so checking to see what others may say?

Jim

Posts: 1353 | Location: Southern Black Hills | Registered: September 14, 2012Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Not that specific company. It would help if you could be more specific. I am aware that some of these companies engage in fraudulent practices. Medicare recently charged several of them.

Posts: 17481 | Location: Stuck at home | Registered: January 02, 2015Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of downtownv
posted Hide Post
Never heard of them:
Ccs Medical (DEGC ENTERPRISES (U.S.), INC.) is a Durable Medical Equipment & Medical Supplies Supplier in Clearwater, Florida. The NPI Number for Ccs Medical is 1295827780. The current location address for Ccs Medical is 14255 49th Street North, Suite 301, Clearwater, Florida and the contact number is 800-726-9811 and fax number is 800-860-4326. The mailing address for Ccs Medical is 1505 Lbj Fwy Ste 550, , Farmers Branch, Texas - 75234-6069 (mailing address contact number - 972-628-2100).

What's the issue?

https://sigforum.com/eve/forum...050018905#1050018905

Posts: 8676 | Location: 18 miles long, 6 Miles at Sea | Registered: January 22, 2012Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
The laundry list of problems is very long with CCS. Lack of knowledge with phone order takers, failure to submit correct orders, losing orders, failure to maintain correct contact information to simplify orders, failure to advise of prompt issues delaying orders, no supervisors ever available to respond to issues voiced, failure to respond to followup phone calls from patient or doctor, etc.
Been on the phone today with Medicare, who responded promptly with answers to my concerns about CCS over the past 16 months, and per this phone call agreed that I could go back to my pump manufacturer, who I dealt with for over 20 years prior for supplies. Notified my doctor, who was overjoyed with this, after the amount of time they have been wasting with CCS.
So my request to the forum was simple, have others used CCS and have had problems, or possibly no issues, and happy with them?

Jim

Posts: 1353 | Location: Southern Black Hills | Registered: September 14, 2012Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
No I have not, but thank you for the information. Glad that you spoke with Medicare. DME suppliers can be nightmare for the physician in terms of preauthorization requirements etc.

As to your question I am very certain that many others have had the same problem with the company. These are not typically isolated incidents.

Posts: 17481 | Location: Stuck at home | Registered: January 02, 2015Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Thanks, was sure my issues were not isolated incidents, but was curious.
The phone call with Medicare was easy, and the lady I talked with was pleasant, and very responsive.
As stated dealing with DME companies has been problematic even before being on Medicare. Dealing with DME and insurance companies is not easy either.
J can only imagine what Medical professionals have to put up with from their end.
Again thanks!

Jim

It's not easy being me
posted Hide Post
Sorry I'm late to the party. But I'm glad you've been authorized to go back to the pump manufacturer, walkinghorse!

Our business changed our health insurance provider to Oscar Humana middle of last summer.
Previously we had Blue Cross/Blue Shield, which allowed me to obtain insulin pump supplies from the pump manufacturer.
With our changeover to Oscar, I was forced to begin using CCS Med, which is the designated insulin pump & pump supplies provider for Oscar. Initially it was fine, but my pump warranty ran out (and everyone starts to panic....well, except for me). So, it was time for a new pump. The process for approval, delivery, etc. took much more time going through CCS than it ever did using the actual pump manufacturer.
Granted, this was first pump with Oscar versus previous two with BC/BS. So I don't know how much of the delay was the pump supplier, & how much was the insurance company.
But, since that time, on the first reorder of a sensor kit for the Dexcom G6, CCS drug their feet on the approval. When I called, the woman put me on hold twice, didn't explain the reason for the delay, but did get the sensor kit out that day (went without the sensor for two days).
Oops, gotta go. I need to place an order for my next sensor kit (30 day kit). CCS could not tell me why I am able to get three months of pump supplies per order, but the sensor kit is only done as a single one month kit...

Oh, and as for Oscar (which has saved our family business over $1400 per month vs. BC/BS), their benefits have been very good, other than the fact that I now have to use a third party supplier (CCS) for my insulin pump & supplies.

Posts: 2769 | Location: Middle TN | Registered: March 22, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post