SIGforum.com    Main Page  Hop To Forum Categories  The Lounge    London Mayor: There is never a reason to carry a knife. Anyone who does will be caught, and they will feel the full force of the law
Page 1 2 3 4 5 ... 11
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

London Mayor: There is never a reason to carry a knife. Anyone who does will be caught, and they will feel the full force of the law Login/Join 
Void Where Prohibited
Picture of WaterburyBob
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by wcb6092:
Screwdrivers,ice picks,sharpened pieces of flint.

The objects are not the problem.
Rebar, scissors, pencils/pens, even the wooden handle from something can be sharpened and made pointy.

"If Gun Control worked, Chicago would look like Mayberry, not Thunderdome" - Cam Edwards

Posts: 16488 | Location: Under the Boot of Tyranny in Connectistan | Registered: February 02, 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Umbrellas and armor-lined bowlers will be the next items to be banned after knives, should he catch "The Avengers" on TV. Wink

Posts: 3202 | Registered: August 03, 2015Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Like a party
in your pants
Picture of armored
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by darthfuster:
May I carry a stapler?

Surely you jest, Its Semi-auto, it could kill or injure hundreds!

Posts: 4609 | Location: Chicago, IL, USA: | Registered: November 17, 2002Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Glorious SPAM!
Picture of mbinky
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by armored:
quote:
Originally posted by darthfuster:
May I carry a stapler?

Surely you jest, Its Semi-auto, it could kill or injure hundreds!

Lol only 10 staples per package.

Posts: 10635 | Registered: June 13, 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post
No double standards
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by BamaJeepster:
Top doctor in Scotland calls for ban of deadly kitchen knives. (Not a parody)...

I know I am a broken record preaching to the choir, but the longer they deny the root cause of the problem, the worse things will get and regardless of what they do, they will not solve the problem.

"Liberty lies in the hearts of men and women. When it dies there, no constitution, no law, no court can save it....While it lies there, it needs no constitution, no law, no court to save it"
- Judge Learned Hand, May 1944

Posts: 30668 | Location: UT | Registered: November 11, 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Tinker Sailor Soldier Pie
Picture of Balzé Halzé
posted Hide Post
These people are dumb, dumb, dumb...

~Alan

Acta Non Verba
NRA Life Member (Patron)
God, Family, Guns, Country

Men will fight and die to protect women... because women protect everything else. ~Andrew Klavan

"Once there was only dark. If you ask me, light is winning." ~Rust Cohle

Posts: 30297 | Location: Elv. 7,000 feet, Utah | Registered: October 29, 2012Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Staring back
from the abyss
Picture of Gustofer
posted Hide Post

Posts: 19975 | Location: Montana | Registered: November 01, 2010Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Dances With
Tornados
posted Hide Post
Is a Mag Light type of light legal? It's quite a club in the right hand (no pun intended).

I have up to the 4 D cell Mag light, that's quite a club if needed.

This message has been edited. Last edited by: OKCGene,

Posts: 11812 | Registered: October 26, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Power is nothing
without control
posted Hide Post
For the love of god, don’t let that guy watch John Wick, or you won’t even be allowed to carry a pencil...a fucking pencil!

- Bret

Posts: 2461 | Location: OH | Registered: March 03, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Telecom Ronin
Picture of dewhorse
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Sgt Neutron:
What if someone has a bunch of bananas or a pointed stick?

[FLASH_VIDEO]<iframe frameborder="0" height="315" src="https://www.youtube.com/embed/ZqISLI2UQMY" width="560"></iframe>[/FLASH_VIDEO]

The police carry 10000lb weights and tigers....so be careful

Posts: 8301 | Location: Back in NE TX ....to stay | Registered: February 12, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Corgis Rock
Picture of Icabod
posted Hide Post
We're going to Scandinavia this summer. I was checking out the Danish Museum and their gift shop. Aha, Viking swords, nice, read, read, WHAT, I have to have a license?! Yes, in Denmark, you need a license to carry a knife over 12 cm in length. (4.7") I'm trying to remember the last time I didn't have a knife with me.

“ The work of destruction is quick, easy and exhilarating; the work of creation is slow, laborious and dull.

Posts: 6060 | Location: Outside Seattle | Registered: November 29, 2010Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Sigforum K9 handler
Picture of jljones
posted Hide Post
Well, I hate to state the obvious, but this shows that gun control works. Once they banned guns, and made guns hard to get, the violent crime stopped.

www.opspectraining.com

"It's a bold strategy, Cotton. Let's see if it works out for them"

Posts: 37081 | Location: Logical | Registered: September 12, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Glorious SPAM!
Picture of mbinky
posted Hide Post
I'm pretty lazy, no lie.

But when Tac lets the red star cluster go I'm all in. It will probably take me a few days to steal a boat from Boston harbor, but I should be up there in a day or two. Clearing the Harbormaster is easy, pushing out past the bay will take some seamanship.

Who's in?

Posts: 10635 | Registered: June 13, 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Age Quod Agis
Picture of ArtieS
posted Hide Post
I'm with Binky. I will fight for the old sod.

I'm 3/4 English and 1/4 Irish and a red head. I'm all in. I even know how to sail and navigate.

"I vowed to myself to fight against evil more completely and more wholeheartedly than I ever did before. . . . That’s the only way to pay back part of that vast debt, to live up to and try to fulfill that tremendous obligation."

Alfred Hornik, Sunday, December 2, 1945 to his family, on his continuing duty to others for surviving WW II.

Posts: 12743 | Location: Central Florida | Registered: November 02, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
is circumspective
Picture of vinnybass
posted Hide Post
The Mayor of Simpleton.

"We're all travelers in this world. From the sweet grass to the packing house. Birth 'til death. We travel between the eternities."

Posts: 5473 | Location: Las Vegas, NV. | Registered: May 30, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
semi-reformed sailor
Picture of MikeinNC
posted Hide Post
Cricket bat

"Violence, naked force, has settled more issues in history than has any other factor.” Robert A. Heinlein

“You may beat me, but you will never win.” sigmonkey-2020

“A single round of buckshot to the torso almost always results in an immediate change of behavior.” Chris Baker

Posts: 11246 | Location: Temple, Texas! | Registered: October 07, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Slayer of Agapanthus

posted Hide Post
BamaJeepster, I believe that in France the rounded knife is already in use. Perhaps Balze or JALLEN can inform us.

"It is only with the heart that one can see rightly; what is essential is invisible to the eye". The Little Prince, Antoine de Saint-Exupery, pilot and author, lost on mission, July 1944, Med Theatre.

Posts: 5952 | Location: Central Texas | Registered: September 14, 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Coin Sniper
Picture of Rightwire
posted Hide Post
This is what happens when you don't address the problem. Sadly we are headed down the same path.

Pronoun: His Royal Highness and benevolent Majesty of all he surveys

343 - Never Forget

Its better to be Pavlov's dog than Schrodinger's cat

There are three types of mistakes; Those you learn from, those you suffer from, and those you don't survive.

Posts: 37931 | Location: Above the snow line in Michigan | Registered: May 21, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of dsiets
posted Hide Post
I'll see if this works

Posts: 7319 | Location: MI | Registered: May 22, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
I kneel for my God,
and I stand for my flag
posted Hide Post
They deserve whatever they get for electing that POS!

Posts: 1804 | Location: Oregon | Registered: September 25, 2001Reply With QuoteReport This Post