SIGforum.com    Main Page  Hop To Forum Categories  The Lounge    London Mayor: There is never a reason to carry a knife. Anyone who does will be caught, and they will feel the full force of the law
Page 1 ... 7 8 9 10 11 
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

London Mayor: There is never a reason to carry a knife. Anyone who does will be caught, and they will feel the full force of the law Login/Join 
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Tejas421:
London has become a dangerous place. In the above photo I see three meat forks, two knife sharpening rods as well as the assualt spoon.

Well,it is common knowledge that those dangerous assault spoons make some people fat.

"Some people are alive today because it's against the law to kill them".

Posts: 8228 | Location: Arizona | Registered: August 17, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Telecom Ronin
Picture of dewhorse
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by rh:
From a May 14, 2019 Tweet, the Regents Park Police @MPSRegentsPark has now also gotten an assault spoon off the streets:

https://twitter.com/MPSRegents.../1128259712984735744

The responses are great...."Potroasts are now safe"...."Did you get the mellon baller" Roll Eyes Big Grin

That they actually posted that speaks volumes about either the PC crap the bosses are pushing or that these cops truly think they were right to take these <<facepalm>>

Posts: 8301 | Location: Back in NE TX ....to stay | Registered: February 12, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Web Clavin Extraordinaire
Picture of Oat_Action_Man
posted Hide Post
Ooooh, a fencing foil!

That'll stop all those honor duels in the streets like the Prussians of old.

En garde!

----------------------------

Chuck Norris put the laughter in "manslaughter"

Educating the youth of America, one declension at a time.

Posts: 19837 | Location: SE PA | Registered: January 12, 2001Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Telecom Ronin
Picture of dewhorse
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Oat_Action_Man:
Ooooh, a fencing foil!

That'll stop all those honor duels in the streets like the Prussians of old.

En garde!

Silly....Prussians used sabers.... Wink

Posts: 8301 | Location: Back in NE TX ....to stay | Registered: February 12, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
No officer that's not a knife. It identifies as a solid matter parer. May I go now?

"The days are stacked against what we think we are." Jim Harrison

Posts: 1116 | Location: Ann Arbor | Registered: September 07, 2011Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Legalize the Constitution
Picture of TMats
posted Hide Post
quote:
There is never a reason to carry a knife.

Right up there in the ranks of stupidest things a politician has ever said.

A couple of weeks ago we went to a live music venue and there was security at the door wanding everyone who entered. They were searching for "weapons." All I had on me was a small Swiss Army knife--2"-2 1/4" non-locking blade. I had to take it back to the truck. I quite loudly proclaimed, "This is a tool, not a weapon," and an older lady standing nearby gave a look like I was a murderer. I simply cannot fathom how a person, man OR woman, can go through life without a pocket knife.

Posts: 13166 | Location: Wyoming | Registered: January 10, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Muzzle flash
aficionado
Picture of flashguy
posted Hide Post
Let them carry guns and there won't be as many stabbings. . . .

flashguy

Texan by choice, not accident of birth

Posts: 27902 | Location: Dallas, TX | Registered: May 08, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Frangas non Flectes
Picture of P220 Smudge
posted Hide Post
Serrated fucking bread knives? Are you kidding me? I mean, the spoon has been pointed out, as has been the fencing foil (which may still have the safety tip on it for all we know), but bread knives?

Posts: 17061 | Location: Sonoran Desert | Registered: February 10, 2011Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of trebor44
posted Hide Post
It really is NOT about knives or guns, it is simply about CONTROL. Knowing that the Mayor of London is a Muslim and he is pontificating about sharp edged objects, I have to wonder how he reconciles this with something like the beheadings and sword play depicted in "Ertugal - The Resurrection". Interesting to watch with prodigious use of the fast forward button!

--------------------------------

On the inside looking out, but not to the west, it's the PRK and its minions!

Posts: 624 | Location: Idaho, west of Beaver Dicks Ferry | Registered: August 22, 2012Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of sigcrazy7
posted Hide Post
That looks like a Wühstof sandwich knife right there in the middle. Perhaps they can send that to me. My child sat mine on a hot burner and melted the handle a bit, and they're expensive. I'll bet the cops in the U.K. all have nice cutlery in their kitchens.

Demand not that events should happen as you wish; but wish them to happen as they do happen, and you will go on well. -Epictetus

Posts: 8202 | Location: Utah | Registered: December 18, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Do the next
right thing
Picture of bobtheelf
posted Hide Post
We get a lot of international customers at my store. Sometimes I get funny looks when I pull out my knife to open up a box or something.

It's just a tool. It's always surprising how many people just can't wrap their heads around the fact that it's ok to carry a tool.

Posts: 3657 | Location: Nashville | Registered: July 23, 2012Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Something wild
is loose
Picture of Doc H.
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by P220 Smudge:
Serrated fucking bread knives? Are you kidding me? I mean, the spoon has been pointed out, as has been the fencing foil (which may still have the safety tip on it for all we know), but bread knives?

Well, and a knife sharpener as well next to the foil. If we ban those babies, I think we have solved the entire problem - no more sharp knives!

"And gentlemen in England now abed, shall think themselves accursed they were not here, and hold their manhoods cheap whiles any speaks that fought with us upon Saint Crispin's Day"

Posts: 2746 | Location: The Shire | Registered: October 22, 2011Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Purveyor of
Fine Avatars
Picture of Orguss
posted Hide Post
I'm guessing there aren't a lot of backyard barbecues in England. Half the stuff in the above photo would be seen at a barbecue.

"I'm yet another resource-consuming kid in an overpopulated planet raised to an alarming extent by Hollywood and Madison Avenue, poised with my cynical and alienated peers to take over the world when you're old and weak!" - Calvin, "Calvin & Hobbes"

Posts: 18018 | Location: Sonoma County, CA | Registered: April 09, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
half-genius,
half-wit
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by flashguy:
Let them carry guns and there won't be as many stabbings. . . .

flashguy

Nailed.

Posts: 11305 | Location: UK, OR, ONT | Registered: July 10, 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post
half-genius,
half-wit
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by trebor44:
It really is NOT about knives or guns, it is simply about CONTROL. Knowing that the Mayor of London is a Muslim and he is pontificating about sharp edged objects, I have to wonder how he reconciles this with something like the beheadings and sword play depicted in "Ertugal - The Resurrection". Interesting to watch with prodigious use of the fast forward button!

A few years back a couple of his co-religionists publicly beheaded an off-duty soldier, Fusilier Lee Rigby, in front of a horrified crowd who did nothing to stop them.

Just ONE gun, and the will to use it, would have stopped them dead.

Posts: 11305 | Location: UK, OR, ONT | Registered: July 10, 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Coin Sniper
Picture of Rightwire
posted Hide Post
That bread knife looked pretty sinister

Pronoun: His Royal Highness and benevolent Majesty of all he surveys

343 - Never Forget

Its better to be Pavlov's dog than Schrodinger's cat

There are three types of mistakes; Those you learn from, those you suffer from, and those you don't survive.

Posts: 37931 | Location: Above the snow line in Michigan | Registered: May 21, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of DrDan
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by rh:
From a May 14, 2019 Tweet, the Regents Park Police @MPSRegentsPark has now also gotten an assault spoon off the streets:

I wonder if Benchmade is going to volunteer to help London destroy those evil things.....

This space intentionally left blank.

Posts: 4870 | Location: Florida | Registered: August 16, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Web Clavin Extraordinaire
Picture of Oat_Action_Man
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by P220 Smudge:

On second glance, I'm pretty sure there are also two letter openers in there too.

----------------------------

Chuck Norris put the laughter in "manslaughter"

Educating the youth of America, one declension at a time.

Posts: 19837 | Location: SE PA | Registered: January 12, 2001Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Muzzle flash
aficionado
Picture of flashguy
posted Hide Post
Gibb's Rule #9.

flashguy

Texan by choice, not accident of birth

Posts: 27902 | Location: Dallas, TX | Registered: May 08, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Political Cynic
Picture of nhtagmember
posted Hide Post
if you want sanity, reality and common sense, you're not going to get it from a muslim

they're getting the shitshow they voted for

[B] Against ALL enemies, foreign and DOMESTIC

Posts: 53086 | Location: Tucson Arizona | Registered: January 16, 2002Reply With QuoteReport This Post