SIGforum.com    Main Page  Hop To Forum Categories  The Lounge    London Mayor: There is never a reason to carry a knife. Anyone who does will be caught, and they will feel the full force of the law
Page 1 2 3 4 ... 11
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

London Mayor: There is never a reason to carry a knife. Anyone who does will be caught, and they will feel the full force of the law Login/Join 
Info Guru
Picture of BamaJeepster
posted

https://twitter.com/MayorofLon...s/982906526334668800

Link to the nonsensical fantasy article on how they are going to tackle 'knife violence':
https://www.london.gov.uk/city...tackle-violent-crime

“Facts are stubborn things; and whatever may be our wishes, our inclinations, or the dictates of our passions, they cannot alter the state of facts and evidence.”
- John Adams

Posts: 29408 | Location: In the red hinterlands of Deep Blue VA | Registered: June 29, 2001Reply With QuoteReport This Post
delicately calloused
Picture of darthfuster
posted Hide Post
May I carry a stapler?

You’re a lying dog-faced pony soldier

Posts: 29608 | Location: Highland, Ut. | Registered: May 07, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Info Guru
Picture of BamaJeepster
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by darthfuster:
May I carry a stapler?

Of course not, you violent violence-maker!!

“Facts are stubborn things; and whatever may be our wishes, our inclinations, or the dictates of our passions, they cannot alter the state of facts and evidence.”
- John Adams

Posts: 29408 | Location: In the red hinterlands of Deep Blue VA | Registered: June 29, 2001Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Info Guru
Picture of BamaJeepster
posted Hide Post
Here, watch this film they made about how they need you alive so you shouldn't carry a knife. Are people really stabbing themselves?

https://twitter.com/MayorofLon...s/982943181531680768

- John Adams

Jack of All Trades,
Master of Nothing
Picture of 2000Z-71
posted Hide Post
Gosh, I used mine to remove a target nail from an bale today during an archery tournament. Is there a better tool I can carry in my pocket for such needs?

I'm guessing the mayor of London was never a Boy Scout, never received his Tote N' Chip card and never carried a pocket knife.

My daughter can deflate your daughter's soccer ball.

Posts: 11749 | Location: Eagle River, AK | Registered: September 12, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
No double standards
posted Hide Post
How about I carry a lead pipe, or a billy club, or brass knuckles? Wink

"Liberty lies in the hearts of men and women. When it dies there, no constitution, no law, no court can save it....While it lies there, it needs no constitution, no law, no court to save it"
- Judge Learned Hand, May 1944

Posts: 30668 | Location: UT | Registered: November 11, 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post
My other Sig
is a Steyr.
Picture of .38supersig
posted Hide Post
quote:
May I carry a stapler?

Yes! * ** *** ****

* Must be a stapler with a undersized staples.
** No high capacity staplers allowed. Less than five staples is permitted.
*** Must have office based employment to carry stapler in your pocket.
**** Not allowed to carry staples loaded into the stapler.

Posts: 9112 | Location: Somewhere looking for ammo that nobody has at a place I haven't been to for a pistol I couldn't live without... | Registered: December 02, 2014Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Glorious SPAM!
Picture of mbinky
posted Hide Post
England is the ONE country over there I am willing to fight for. I have written off France and Germany but I will fight for England.

Why? I am not sure. Perhaps it is the common language.

If England falls, we all fall. I will always stand with them.

Posts: 10635 | Registered: June 13, 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of Chris Anchor
posted Hide Post
At some point in time the liberals of the world will realize that humans are just violent. We kill each other for whatever reason we feel is important to us at the time. This is behavior that goes back to beginning and will continue till the end. No matter how we do it (club, hammer, frying pan, poison, fists, knife, or firearm). Chris

Posts: 1832 | Location: Cecil Co. Maryland | Registered: January 08, 2012Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
What if someone has a bunch of bananas or a pointed stick?

Posts: 1474 | Location: Washington | Registered: August 30, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
No double standards
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by mbinky:
England is the ONE country over there I am willing to fight for. I have written off France and Germany but I will fight for England.

Why? I am not sure. Perhaps it is the common language.

If England falls, we all fall. I will always stand with them.

“A great civilization is not conquered from without until it has destroyed itself from within.” -W. Durant

I think such describes the trends in much of Europe, and in the US we have our share.

"Liberty lies in the hearts of men and women. When it dies there, no constitution, no law, no court can save it....While it lies there, it needs no constitution, no law, no court to save it"
- Judge Learned Hand, May 1944

Posts: 30668 | Location: UT | Registered: November 11, 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Would a sock and a padlock be ok?

Silent

Posts: 1019 | Registered: February 02, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Freethinker
Picture of sigfreund
posted Hide Post
“Stop, or I’ll say, ‘Stop!’ again.”

6.4/93.6

“Wise men talk because they have something to say; fools, because they have to say something.”
— Plato

Posts: 47366 | Location: 10,150 Feet Above Sea Level in Colorado | Registered: April 04, 2002Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Too bad Sheriff Mike Jolley isn't Lodon's police chief. He could make a sign explaining he he would handle the matter -

"If you kill someone with a knife, we will find you and kill you back with extreme prejudice!

Have A Jolley-Good Day!"

Posts: 3466 | Location: Lehigh Valley, PA | Registered: March 27, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by BamaJeepster:
quote:
May I carry a stapler?

Of course not, you violent violence-maker!!

Only if it's registered in your name. Roll Eyes

Posts: 4472 | Registered: November 30, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Laugh or Die
posted Hide Post
Guess this guy's never ordered anything from amazon.

What a fucking tool.

And I'm not talking about my knife.

Posts: 10199 | Location: NC | Registered: May 17, 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Info Guru
Picture of BamaJeepster
posted Hide Post
Top doctor in Scotland calls for ban of deadly kitchen knives. (Not a parody)

https://www.express.co.uk/news...r-deadly-knife-crime

Top doctor: Ban deadly blades from our kitchens
ONE of Scotland’s leading doctors has called for a ban on “killer” kitchen knives.

Dr John Crichton, the new chairman of the Royal College of Psychiatrists in Scotland, wants the sale of pointed kitchen knives to be banned to help reduce the number of fatal stabbings.

He first suggested the move three years ago, but his proposal did not win enough support from policy-makers. Since then dozens of people, including schoolchildren, have lost their lives as a result of attacks involving bladed instruments.

Dr Crichton, who took on the role of chairman in June this year, is championing a switch to so-called “R”-bladed knives, which have rounded points and are far less effective as weapons.

He said that research shows many attacks, particularly in households where there has been a history of violence, involve kitchen knives because they are so easily accessible.

Dr Crichton believes a switch from sharp-pointed, long-bladed knives to the new design could save lives.

He said: “This is a public health measure and public health measures are always about society deciding on a self-imposed restriction for the public good.”

Dr Crichton’s research showed that 45 per cent of the homicides he looked at involved a knife and of those that could be identified, 85 per cent were k

Dr John Crichton, the new chairman of the Royal College of Psychiatrists in Scotland, wants the sale of pointed kitchen knives to be banned to help reduce the number of fatal stabbings.

He first suggested the move three years ago, but his proposal did not win enough support from policy-makers. Since then dozens of people, including schoolchildren, have lost their lives as a result of attacks involving bladed instruments.

Thug who terrorised girlfriend with kitchen knives jailed 18 months
Dr Crichton, who took on the role of chairman in June this year, is championing a switch to so-called “R”-bladed knives, which have rounded points and are far less effective as weapons.

He said that research shows many attacks, particularly in households where there has been a history of violence, involve kitchen knives because they are so easily accessible.

Dr Crichton believes a switch from sharp-pointed, long-bladed knives to the new design could save lives.

He said: “This is a public health measure and public health measures are always about society deciding on a self-imposed restriction for the public good.”

Dr Crichton’s research showed that 45 per cent of the homicides he looked at involved a knife and of those that could be identified, 85 per cent were kitchen knives.

He described the findings as “extraordinary” and asked the Scottish Government to be more specific in their weapon reporting as the official statistics simply labelled them “sharp implements”.

The expert said: “They took it under consideration but it has not been taken any further forward.” He added: “We are very quick to be critical of our American cousins and the prevalence of guns but this is an issue which doesn’t even occur to us.”

He would like to see households where there has been a violent incident or weapon misuse to be subject to a “safety check”, including switching to safer kitchen knives.

The “R”-tipped knife was created by industrial designer John Cornock after he watched a documentary on knife crime.

Dr Crichton said he would like to see such knives introduced in all schools and colleges and added: “Why do we need these potentially deadly weapons in the home? I think if one of our celebrity chefs were to popularise it, it might be a solution in itself.

“Fashions change but in practical terms, it might be something that could be thought of in relation to bail conditions or licence conditions for people coming out of prison.”

- John Adams

posted Hide Post
Screwdrivers,ice picks,sharpened pieces of flint.

The objects are not the problem.

Posts: 12580 | Registered: January 17, 2011Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of mikeyspizza
posted Hide Post
Screw him - a 3" non-locking blade is legal in UK.

Posts: 4006 | Location: North Carolina | Registered: August 16, 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Political Cynic
Picture of nhtagmember
posted Hide Post
The mayor of London is most of the problem, not part of the answer

what do you expect from a muslim?

[B] Against ALL enemies, foreign and DOMESTIC

Posts: 53086 | Location: Tucson Arizona | Registered: January 16, 2002Reply With QuoteReport This Post