SIGforum.com    Main Page  Hop To Forum Categories  The Lounge    London Mayor: There is never a reason to carry a knife. Anyone who does will be caught, and they will feel the full force of the law
Page 1 ... 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

London Mayor: There is never a reason to carry a knife. Anyone who does will be caught, and they will feel the full force of the law Login/Join 
The Joy Maker
Picture of airsoft guy
posted Hide Post
Oi, mate, you got a loicense for dem cartoon swords on your knoif box?

quote:
Originally posted by Will938:
If you don't become a screen writer for comedy movies, then you're an asshole.

Posts: 17003 | Location: Washington State | Registered: April 04, 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of konata88
posted Hide Post
I just don't understand the motto.

So, if you're brave, you don't carry a weapon? So, I'm 70 with bad knees and I'm a coward if I carry something to defend myself in the absence of the physical ability of a 25 year old thug?

So, I should bravely die rather than be a coward who uses tools defend myself?

Is this the point?

"Wrong does not cease to be wrong because the majority share in it." L.Tolstoy
"A government is just a body of people, usually, notably, ungoverned." Shepherd Book

Posts: 12719 | Location: In the gilded cage | Registered: December 09, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
bigger government
= smaller citizen
Picture of Veeper
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by konata88:
Is this the point?

Yes. You're strong if you're weak. You're armed if you're defenseless. You're a man if you're a woman. An act of barbarism is a cry for help. Libertarians are fascists. Colorblind is racism.

See how this works?

“The urge to save humanity is almost always only a false-face for the urge to rule it.”—H.L. Mencken

Posts: 9157 | Location: West Michigan | Registered: April 20, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Nullus Anxietas
Picture of ensigmatic
posted Hide Post
I'm thinkin' it's time to buy a new knife. Locking blade, naturally.

"America is at that awkward stage. It's too late to work within the system,,,, but too early to shoot the bastards." -- Claire Wolfe
"If we let things terrify us, life will not be worth living." -- Seneca the Younger, Roman Stoic philosopher

Posts: 26009 | Location: S.E. Michigan | Registered: January 06, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Blackmore:
quote:
Originally posted by BamaJeepster:
Can't make this stuff up...

You can bet there's CCTV trained on that box so no one vandalizes it in any way.

Not exactly. It's where a terrorist goes to get armed.
Roll Eyes
-TVz

Posts: 432 | Location: North of DFW | Registered: May 01, 2012Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Conveniently located directly
above the center of the Earth
Picture of signewt
posted Hide Post
"So, I should bravely die rather than be a coward who uses tools defend myself? "

...you are about to express a thoughtcrime here....

**************~~~~~~~~~~
"I've been on this rock too long to bother with these liars any more."
~SIGforum advisor~
"When the pain of staying the same outweighs the pain of change, then change will come."~~sigmonkey

Posts: 9854 | Location: sunny Orygun | Registered: September 27, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Delusions of Adequacy
Picture of zoom6zoom
posted Hide Post
quote:
Is this the point?

You're not allowed to have a point.

You might stab someone with it.

I have my own style of humor. I call it Snarkasm.

Posts: 17944 | Location: Virginia | Registered: June 02, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of lkdr1989
posted Hide Post
From Nigel Farage's radio show on April 5th:

https://youtu.be/wpHRrVQFAdE

...let him who has no sword sell his robe and buy one. Luke 22:35-36 NAV

"Behold, I send you out as sheep in the midst of wolves; so be shrewd as serpents and innocent as doves." Matthew 10:16 NASV

Posts: 4335 | Location: Valley, Oregon | Registered: June 03, 2010Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Told cops where to go for over 29 years…
Picture of 911Boss
posted Hide Post
It isn’t a knife, it self-identifies as a knuckle protector/manual shaver...

Untitled by Wayne Wilson, on Flickr

What part of "...Shall not be infringed" don't you understand???

Posts: 10938 | Location: Western WA state for just a few more years... | Registered: February 17, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Leatherneck
posted Hide Post
And now we see the true mastermind behind the whole movement to disarm citizens.

Fucking Cookie Monster.

You just want me disarmed so that you can take all my cookies without a fight. You fuzzy blue tricky bastard. Not in America buddy. Not in America.

“Everybody wants a Sig in the sheets but a Glock on the streets.” -bionic218 04-02-2014

Posts: 15254 | Location: Florida | Registered: May 07, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Peace through
superior firepower
Picture of parabellum
posted Hide Post
All I can say right now is - thank God for the vast Atlantic ocean. Thank God.

Posts: 107580 | Registered: January 20, 2000Reply With QuoteReport This Post
The guy behind the guy
Picture of esdunbar
posted Hide Post
Reminds me of the meme about another Civil War in America. Says something like, "one side has 300 million guns, the other side doesn't even know which bathroom to use."

Now they are giving up a simple knife? Like a Wildebeest seasoning itself, and hopping up on the grill when a lioness is stalking it (my kids watch a lot of Animal Planet lately, most things relate to animals for me now Razz)

Since they don't have any defense, maybe we should go back "home?" All of us conservatives should be able to invade England without little trouble and then deport all of the Libs to America?

On the plus side, our planes wouldn't have to travel as far to bomb the trouble makers in the world. I think this could work fellas!

Posts: 7548 | Registered: April 19, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Official Space Nerd
Picture of Hound Dog
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by konata88:
I just don't understand the motto.

So, if you're brave, you don't carry a weapon? So, I'm 70 with bad knees and I'm a coward if I carry something to defend myself in the absence of the physical ability of a 25 year old thug?

So, I should bravely die rather than be a coward who uses tools defend myself?

Is this the point?

The point is obvious. Like libs over here, the Brit douchelibs have 'identified' the root cause of their crime problem as being one of a certain type of tool/weapon, NOT of criminal behaviour. First, they were crying about their 'gun problems.' Now, they have a 'knife problem.' If they get rid of all the knives, they will have a 'hammer/cricket bat/wrench/etc problem.' It will never end.

Meanwhile, the REAL problem goes unchecked: emboldened thugs and extremists with no regard for the law, and courts that CRIMINALIZE self-defense by good 'subjects.'

This is NOT the same England that stood up to the Blitz.

Fear God and Dread Nought
Admiral of the Fleet Sir Jacky Fisher

Posts: 21845 | Location: Hobbiton, The Shire, Middle Earth | Registered: September 27, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Peace through
superior firepower
Picture of parabellum
posted Hide Post
...and thank God for plate tectonics as well, because I'm guessing that each and every day, the American continent gets farther away from Europe.

"I am your retribution." - Donald Trump, speech at CPAC, March 4, 2023

Posts: 107580 | Registered: January 20, 2000Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Get my pies
outta the oven!

Picture of PASig
posted Hide Post
How do chefs do it there?

Most professional chefs carry or have their own knife kit with them to work, much like a contractor would have his own tools?

Are they not allowed to have chef's knives anymore?

Posts: 33807 | Location: Pennsylvania | Registered: November 12, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of fpuhan
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by BamaJeepster:
Can't make this stuff up...

Did anyone else notice the screwdriver included with the other "weapons" on the box?

Gonna be a lot of unemployed mechanics and electricians in London, I'd say.

You can't truly call yourself "peaceful" unless you are capable of great violence. If you're not capable of great violence, you're not peaceful, you're harmless.

NRA Benefactor/Patriot Member

Posts: 2857 | Location: Peoples Republic of North Virginia | Registered: December 04, 2015Reply With QuoteReport This Post
The Joy Maker
Picture of airsoft guy
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Pale Horse:
And now we see the true mastermind behind the whole movement to disarm citizens.

Fucking Cookie Monster.

You just want me disarmed so that you can take all my cookies without a fight. You fuzzy blue tricky bastard. Not in America buddy. Not in America.

Damn straight, buddy.

quote:
Originally posted by Will938:
If you don't become a screen writer for comedy movies, then you're an asshole.

Posts: 17003 | Location: Washington State | Registered: April 04, 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Official Space Nerd
Picture of Hound Dog
posted Hide Post
Bring enough gun.

There is more at stake here than our gun rights; it is our very right to self-defense. The 'London Model' (ban guns, knives, criminalize self-defense, etc) is the ultimate goal of libs everywhere. Don't ever think the libs will give up until we are their slaves.

Fear God and Dread Nought
Admiral of the Fleet Sir Jacky Fisher

Posts: 21845 | Location: Hobbiton, The Shire, Middle Earth | Registered: September 27, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of lkdr1989
posted Hide Post
This is from 2016 and no, it's not a parody:

Link to original video: https://youtu.be/ZotzMY-k_jI

...let him who has no sword sell his robe and buy one. Luke 22:35-36 NAV

"Behold, I send you out as sheep in the midst of wolves; so be shrewd as serpents and innocent as doves." Matthew 10:16 NASV

Posts: 4335 | Location: Valley, Oregon | Registered: June 03, 2010Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Tinker Sailor Soldier Pie
Picture of Balzé Halzé
posted Hide Post

~Alan

Acta Non Verba
NRA Life Member (Patron)
God, Family, Guns, Country

Men will fight and die to protect women... because women protect everything else. ~Andrew Klavan

"Once there was only dark. If you ask me, light is winning." ~Rust Cohle

Posts: 30408 | Location: Elv. 7,000 feet, Utah | Registered: October 29, 2012Reply With QuoteReport This Post