SIGforum
London Mayor: There is never a reason to carry a knife. Anyone who does will be caught, and they will feel the full force of the law

This topic can be found at:
https://sigforum.com/eve/forums/a/tpc/f/320601935/m/5680032044

April 09, 2018, 01:52 PM
esdunbar
London Mayor: There is never a reason to carry a knife. Anyone who does will be caught, and they will feel the full force of the law
If you want to kill someone, the instrument you use is immaterial. If your mind is set, that person is going to die. The only thing that can change that is if the intended victim has a means to defend themselves.

Snap the head off of your 7 iron and impala them with the shaft.

Take the blade off of your lawn mower and crack someone in the skull.

Hammer/screw driver to the skull.

Pitch fork to the chest

Impale them with a ski pole that has the basket removed.

Decapitate them with a shovel.

Run them over with your car.

Choke them with an extension cord.

...and these are just the things that I thought of when thinking about what's in my garage.

I know we are the choir, but I just can't wrap my head around why folks don't get this. The instrument used is irrelevant. If you're set on the idea, there are an infinite number of ways to do it. All this accomplishes is to ensure the intended victim has no means of surviving the attack.
April 09, 2018, 01:57 PM
TMats
quote:
Originally posted by esdunbar:
If you want to kill someone, the instrument you use is immaterial. If your mind is set, that person is going to die. The only thing that can change that is if the intended victim has a means to defend themselves.

Pitch fork to the chest

...and these are just the things that I thought of when thinking about what's in my garage.

I know we are the choir, but I just can't wrap my head around why folks don't get this. The instrument used is irrelevant. If you're set on the idea, there are an infinite number of ways to do it. All this accomplishes is to ensure the intended victim has no means of surviving the attack.

You better go have a Coke and a smile, my friend Wink

April 09, 2018, 02:00 PM
BamaJeepster
quote:

Pitch fork to the chest

I know we are the choir, but I just can't wrap my head around why folks don't get this. The instrument used is irrelevant. If you're set on the idea, there are an infinite number of ways to do it. I just don't see how they think this will help.

I am 100% with you on this.

The pushback I always see to the argument is that (insert asinine gun or knife law here) would prevent a mass killing or an impulse killing. They just can't seem to quit fixating on the object that is used and this nonsense in England should be a prime example of just how stupid it is.

Ban kitchen knives? They are seriously discussing that now. Next up will be whatever pointy object or blunt object someone uses - will hammers be banned or registered next? That's a serious question and not rhetorical. When you focus on the object you will never be able to ban or regulate every possible thing.

“Facts are stubborn things; and whatever may be our wishes, our inclinations, or the dictates of our passions, they cannot alter the state of facts and evidence.”
- John Adams
April 09, 2018, 02:08 PM
gearhounds
quote:

Pitch fork to the chest

Or bare handed combat, which more and more able bodied folks are getting extensive training in than at any other time I am aware of, at least in this country.

How is the average person going to balance the scales against someone proficient in applying a rear naked choke hold? Someone trained to deal with it may succumb to one in under 10 seconds; someone that cannot is effectively hobbled from using about he only tool that could be properly applied to stop such an attack. Even a pistol is not the tool for this particular job.

“Remember to get vaccinated or a vaccinated person might get sick from a virus they got vaccinated against because you’re not vaccinated.” - author unknown
April 09, 2018, 02:30 PM
a1abdj
Funny story about knife bans....

I don't remember where it was, but I had a layover at an airport that resembled a mall. You walked off the plane and had stores and restaurants throughout the terminal. One of the restaurants was a TGI Friday's.

The girlfriend and I stop in to burn some time and eat. I order a steak. We each had a fork and a spoon on the table already. When the steak arrived our server asked how it looked, dropped it off, and walked away. I immediately started looking for the steak knife.

None. Not even a butter knife. When she came back a second later I told her I would need a knife. No can do she said. We were behind the security checkpoints in the airport. If I needed my steak cut I either had to use my fork and spoon, or could send it back to the kitchen were they would cut it up for me. Big Grin

www.zykansafe.com
April 09, 2018, 02:32 PM
229DAK
quote:

Pitch fork to the chest

Have you been watching Midsomer Murders?

April 09, 2018, 03:20 PM
Scoutmaster
quote:
Originally posted by a1abdj:
Funny story about knife bans....

I don't remember where it was, but I had a layover at an airport that resembled a mall. You walked off the plane and had stores and restaurants throughout the terminal. One of the restaurants was a TGI Friday's.

The girlfriend and I stop in to burn some time and eat. I order a steak. We each had a fork and a spoon on the table already. When the steak arrived our server asked how it looked, dropped it off, and walked away. I immediately started looking for the steak knife.

None. Not even a butter knife. When she came back a second later I told her I would need a knife. No can do she said. We were behind the security checkpoints in the airport. If I needed my steak cut I either had to use my fork and spoon, or could send it back to the kitchen were they would cut it up for me. Big Grin

Or, you could just pick it up with your hands and shove it in your mouth. Smile

"Liberty lies in the hearts of men and women. When it dies there, no constitution, no law, no court can save it....While it lies there, it needs no constitution, no law, no court to save it"
- Judge Learned Hand, May 1944
April 09, 2018, 03:49 PM
ArtieS
quote:
Or, you could just pick it up with your hands and shove it in your mouth.

That's just what I was thinking! If you can't beat the absurdity, add to the absurdity.

"I vowed to myself to fight against evil more completely and more wholeheartedly than I ever did before. . . . That’s the only way to pay back part of that vast debt, to live up to and try to fulfill that tremendous obligation."

Alfred Hornik, Sunday, December 2, 1945 to his family, on his continuing duty to others for surviving WW II.
April 09, 2018, 04:23 PM
Lord Vaalic
quote:

And then have some French fried tators,, mmm hmm

Don't weep for the stupid, or you will be crying all day
April 09, 2018, 04:24 PM
Lord Vaalic
Apparently its OK to carry around acid though to throw in the infidels faces

Don't weep for the stupid, or you will be crying all day
April 09, 2018, 04:40 PM
oddball
quote:
Originally posted by a1abdj:
When the steak arrived our server asked how it looked, dropped it off, and walked away. I immediately started looking for the steak knife.

I had a similar dinner experience. I sent the food back and asked for the check, and no tip for the drinks we had.

"I’m not going to read Time Magazine, I’m not going to read Newsweek, I’m not going to read any of these magazines; I mean, because they have too much to lose by printing the truth"- Bob Dylan, 1965
April 09, 2018, 04:55 PM
callibird
quote:
Originally posted by ArtieS:
quote:
Or, you could just pick it up with your hands and shove it in your mouth.

That's just what I was thinking! If you can't beat the absurdity, add to the absurdity.

Or, wander around the airport with it hanging out of your mouth...as you slowly chew it and growl.

But I, being poor, have only my dreams; I have spread my dreams under your feet; Tread softly because you tread on my dreams.
April 09, 2018, 07:25 PM
ensigmatic
Hahaha! The idiot physician is back again to recommend the UK ban pointed knives. Hahaha!

My. Lord.

You can't make this stuff up. Pretty soon The Onion can just call it quits, because they won't be able to out-ridiculous the leftist loons.

"America is at that awkward stage. It's too late to work within the system,,,, but too early to shoot the bastards." -- Claire Wolfe
"If we let things terrify us, life will not be worth living." -- Seneca the Younger, Roman Stoic philosopher
April 09, 2018, 07:53 PM
lkdr1989
I thought this was a parody twitter account...it appears to be the real deal:

The comments in the tweet are pure gold!

https://twitter.com/MPSRegents...s/974645778558980096

This message has been edited. Last edited by: lkdr1989,

...let him who has no sword sell his robe and buy one. Luke 22:35-36 NAV

"Behold, I send you out as sheep in the midst of wolves; so be shrewd as serpents and innocent as doves." Matthew 10:16 NASV
April 09, 2018, 08:15 PM
smschulz
They need to ban screwdrivers too!
Who would ever want to live like that?
April 09, 2018, 08:19 PM
Balzé Halzé
quote:
Originally posted by lkdr1989:

Come on, it has to be a joke. Maybe the police have a sense of humor? Maybe, just maybe...

~Alan

Acta Non Verba
NRA Life Member (Patron)
God, Family, Guns, Country

Men will fight and die to protect women... because women protect everything else. ~Andrew Klavan

"Once there was only dark. If you ask me, light is winning." ~Rust Cohle
April 09, 2018, 08:25 PM
lkdr1989
It's on the March 16 timeline, check it out:

https://www.met.police.uk/your...k/?tab=LocalActivity

quote:
Originally posted by Balzé Halzé:
quote:
Originally posted by lkdr1989:

Come on, it has to be a joke. Maybe the police have a sense of humor? Maybe, just maybe...

...let him who has no sword sell his robe and buy one. Luke 22:35-36 NAV

"Behold, I send you out as sheep in the midst of wolves; so be shrewd as serpents and innocent as doves." Matthew 10:16 NASV
April 09, 2018, 08:30 PM
darthfuster
quote:

Pitch fork to the chest

I carry a garrotte when I fly. I don't assemble it, but the components are of everyday items and so benign looking separately no one would even imagine them assembled as a garrotte. Yet, I can have it together in seconds and it is strong enough to severe if I am so inclined. Point is, anything can be a tool. The weapon is the individual.

You’re a lying dog-faced pony soldier
April 09, 2018, 08:33 PM
stickman428
Didn’t parts of Europe have sword control back in the dark ages? Nice to see the U.K. is progressing. Roll Eyes

Once the stabbing rate goes down I’m sure their worthless politicians will move on to banning immitation/toy knives and children’s kitchen play sets. That are really that stupid.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

The price of liberty and even of common humanity is eternal vigilance
April 09, 2018, 09:00 PM
Dtech
With all this utter nonsense that has been going on for some time now, seems England is setting itself up for a second Revolution. As for the recent police "weapons sweep" they are reporting about there...
good grief....looks like they raided a Home Depot. The bureaucrats must have been low on tools and hardware for continuing to build their fantasy land.

-Dtech

"I've got a life to live, people to love, and a God to serve!" - sigmonkey

"Strive not to be a success, but rather to be of value." - Albert Einstein

"A man can never have too much red wine, too many books, or too much ammunition" ― Rudyard Kipling