SIGforum.com    Main Page  Hop To Forum Categories  The Lounge    London Mayor: There is never a reason to carry a knife. Anyone who does will be caught, and they will feel the full force of the law
Page 1 2 3 4 5 6 ... 11
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

London Mayor: There is never a reason to carry a knife. Anyone who does will be caught, and they will feel the full force of the law Login/Join 
Res ipsa loquitur
Picture of BB61
posted Hide Post
How about a loaded shillelagh? IIRC, the Irish used them when the English banned pointy objects.
Here’s a picture of mine direct from a craftsman in Ireland.
[IMG:left] [/IMG]

Posts: 12465 | Registered: October 13, 2002Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Bad dog!
Picture of justjoe
posted Hide Post
^^^ It's not just UK. Much of Europe is bent on self-destruction by their refusal to defend their nation, their culture, their people. Look at Sweden. Their women are raped in the streets. The Netherlands. France. Germany.

Where did the men go? The men of The Battle of Britain? "We will fight them...." has become "don't you dare carry a knife!" An elderly pensioner in London is charged with murder because he defended himself against a robber who broke into his home.

I'm finding it increasingly hard to feel any sympathy for Europeans. They are weak and they are being taken over-- it's a law of nature. There is a world of truth in the four words of Para's CUT.

"You get much farther with a kind word and a gun than with a kind word alone."

Posts: 11108 | Location: pennsylvania | Registered: June 05, 2011Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Happily Retired
Picture of Bassamatic
posted Hide Post
It really is hard to feel sorry for these people, they elected the guy.

It's a whole new world, ain't it.

.....never marry a woman who is mean to your waitress.

Posts: 5040 | Location: Lake of the Ozarks, MO. | Registered: September 05, 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Lawyers, Guns
and Money
Picture of chellim1
posted Hide Post
quote:
It really is hard to feel sorry for these people, they elected the guy.

There are parts of England that will probably never again have a non-Muslim mayor.
They invited the trouble. Now... it's demographics.

"Some things are apparent. Where government moves in, community retreats, civil society disintegrates and our ability to control our own destiny atrophies. The result is: families under siege; war in the streets; unapologetic expropriation of property; the precipitous decline of the rule of law; the rapid rise of corruption; the loss of civility and the triumph of deceit. The result is a debased, debauched culture which finds moral depravity entertaining and virtue contemptible."
-- Justice Janice Rogers Brown

"The United States government is the largest criminal enterprise on earth."
-rduckwor

Posts: 24109 | Location: St. Louis, MO | Registered: April 03, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Tinker Sailor Soldier Pie
Picture of Balzé Halzé
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by justjoe:

Where did the men go? The men of The Battle of Britain? "We will fight them...." has become "don't you dare carry a knife!" An elderly pensioner in London is charged with murder because he defended himself against a robber who broke into his home.

There are plenty of men left over there. I know many of them. And that elderly pensioner was not charged with murder. He's not going to face any charges in fact. And we're talking about London here. Just change the name to New York City and what's different? London has this douchebag muslim mayor, and NYC has that commie DeBlasio. Frankly, we seem to have just as many weakling, commie, Nancy's in this country as they have over there.

quote:
I'm finding it increasingly hard to feel any sympathy for Europeans. They are weak and they are being taken over-- it's a law of nature. There is a world of truth in the four words of Para's CUT.

You all need to remember something. The Electoral College. Europe has nothing like it. Now just imagine if the USA had a straight vote like they do in most European countries...

~Alan

Acta Non Verba
NRA Life Member (Patron)
God, Family, Guns, Country

Men will fight and die to protect women... because women protect everything else. ~Andrew Klavan

"Once there was only dark. If you ask me, light is winning." ~Rust Cohle

Posts: 30408 | Location: Elv. 7,000 feet, Utah | Registered: October 29, 2012Reply With QuoteReport This Post
No double standards
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Balzé Halzé:....You all need to remember something. The Electoral College. Europe has nothing like it. Now just imagine if the USA had a straight vote like they do in most European countries...

Good point.

"Liberty lies in the hearts of men and women. When it dies there, no constitution, no law, no court can save it....While it lies there, it needs no constitution, no law, no court to save it"
- Judge Learned Hand, May 1944

Posts: 30668 | Location: UT | Registered: November 11, 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by BB61:
How about a loaded shillelagh? IIRC, the Irish used them when the English banned pointy objects.
Here’s a picture of mine direct from a craftsman in Ireland.
[IMG:left] [/IMG]

The British outlawed those, too.

Posts: 631 | Location: Kentucky | Registered: September 20, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Ammoholic
posted Hide Post
If we had a straight vote instead of an electoral college, President DJT would have run his campaign differently and he likely would have won the popular vote. We do have an electoral college, so he focused his efforts accordingly.

Posts: 6919 | Location: Lost, but making time. | Registered: February 23, 2011Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Mired in the
Fog of Lucidity
posted Hide Post
Here's Katie Hopkin's take on London and it's mayor...

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=yeH3vMVx8m0

Posts: 4850 | Registered: February 10, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by chellim1:
quote:

There are parts of England that will probably never again have a non-Muslim mayor.
They invited the trouble. Now... it's demographics.

You nailed it. Precisely, spot on.

Posts: 631 | Location: Kentucky | Registered: September 20, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of Mr. Peteroniman
posted Hide Post
quote:
I'm trying to remember the last time I didn't have a knife with me.

I thought it was requirement for manhood that you carry a knife. you get dressed in the morning and pick the knife out for the activities of the day....

P

-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-

All his life he tried to be a good person. Many times, however, he failed.
For after all, he was only human. He wasn't a dog.”
― Charles M. Schulz

Posts: 2012 | Location: Florida Panhandle | Registered: June 25, 2012Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Muzzle flash
aficionado
Picture of flashguy
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by BamaJeepster:
Here, watch this film they made about how they need you alive so you shouldn't carry a knife. Are people really stabbing themselves?

https://twitter.com/MayorofLon...s/982943181531680768
Wow! The Mayor knows exactly how many teenagers there are, right down to the units. I wonder how they are counted?

flashguy

Texan by choice, not accident of birth

Posts: 27902 | Location: Dallas, TX | Registered: May 08, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Bodhisattva
posted Hide Post
Would you be happier, little goil, if they was pushed outta windows?

Posts: 11507 | Location: Michigan | Registered: July 01, 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Tinker Sailor Soldier Pie
Picture of Balzé Halzé
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by slosig:
If we had a straight vote instead of an electoral college, President DJT would have run his campaign differently and he likely would have won the popular vote. We do have an electoral college, so he focused his efforts accordingly.

Yeah, and I got a bridge to sell you.

~Alan

Acta Non Verba
NRA Life Member (Patron)
God, Family, Guns, Country

Men will fight and die to protect women... because women protect everything else. ~Andrew Klavan

"Once there was only dark. If you ask me, light is winning." ~Rust Cohle

Posts: 30408 | Location: Elv. 7,000 feet, Utah | Registered: October 29, 2012Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Bad dog!
Picture of justjoe
posted Hide Post
Balze, the pensioner in London was arrested on charges of suspicion of grievous bodily harm and suspicion of murder. He killed a robber who had entered his home-- and he was arrested. If you don't think that is outrageous... shameful... I don't know what is.

https://www.independent.co.uk/...-death-a8287851.html

Where are these men you know? When hundreds of Swedish, French, German women are raped in the street on New Year's Eve-- where are their men?

I have less and less sympathy for Europeans, by the day.

"You get much farther with a kind word and a gun than with a kind word alone."

Posts: 11108 | Location: pennsylvania | Registered: June 05, 2011Reply With QuoteReport This Post
No double standards
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by BamaJeepster:. . .

https://twitter.com/MayorofLon...s/982943181531680768

So if I am a teenager in London, and someone attacks me, I have a better chance of staying alive if I don't have a knife to defend myself?

And accordingly, the Brits would be safer today if they disbanded their military?

"Liberty lies in the hearts of men and women. When it dies there, no constitution, no law, no court can save it....While it lies there, it needs no constitution, no law, no court to save it"
- Judge Learned Hand, May 1944

Posts: 30668 | Location: UT | Registered: November 11, 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Peace through
superior firepower
Picture of parabellum
posted Hide Post
653,626 teenagers in London, and they're all "important"? No. Not even close. Just cut the shit. They're teenagers. They've done nothing with their lives so far. Very, very few of them possess any measurable degree of "importance".

And "knfe crime"? How stupid are you people? Crime is crime, violence is violence. Putting words like "gun" or "knife" ahead of "crime" changes nothing, you stupid, pandering PC assholes.

Europe is lost. It doesn't matter that we have apologists like Banshee who deny this decline. It's obvious, written in letters 500 feet tall. Europe is lost.

"I am your retribution." - Donald Trump, speech at CPAC, March 4, 2023

Posts: 107576 | Registered: January 20, 2000Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Wait, what?
Picture of gearhounds
posted Hide Post
I wonder if the mayor will be as tough on his fellow Muslim invaders as the indigenous population...

“Remember to get vaccinated or a vaccinated person might get sick from a virus they got vaccinated against because you’re not vaccinated.” - author unknown

Posts: 15575 | Location: Martinsburg WV | Registered: April 02, 2011Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Political Cynic
Picture of nhtagmember
posted Hide Post
I wonder when the mayor of London will feel the full force of the Brits

[B] Against ALL enemies, foreign and DOMESTIC

Posts: 53177 | Location: Tucson Arizona | Registered: January 16, 2002Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of smlsig
posted Hide Post
OK, I just saw this thread and have a very serious question...

I will be stopping over in London for a few days in a couple of weeks on my way to Botswana for vacation. I am/was planning on checking my locking pocket knife which is just under 3 inches.

Do I understand that this is now illegal and I could be arrested? There is no way I want to be anywhere without at least a small knife...

Thanks.

------------------
Eddie

Our Founding Fathers were men who understood that the right thing is not necessarily the written thing. -kkina

Posts: 6316 | Location: In transit | Registered: February 19, 2013Reply With QuoteReport This Post